• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Has the race been called yet? I believe they're still missing a bunch of ballots in the count.

What are the rules with the run off?
I think I heard on the news that to be a majority you needed 50+1%, is that right or it it just 50?

It hasn't been called yet. Still a lot of mail in ballots, mostly from blue areas, to be counted.

For a run off to be avoided Kemp has to stay above 50% (no plus one).

Per the AJC article, Abrams and the libertarian need to cloce the gap by about 16k votes. It's largely moot though as republicans do better in runoffs here as turn out gap is larger then with the lower overall turnout. Maybe it could be different this time. But probably not unfortunately. Plus most of the libertarian voters would probably stay home or switch to Kemp.

Ombra

Jan 22, 2018
I hope she gets this, the suppression effort not to mention that hacking nonsense should have been disqualifying a long time ago.

If people do nothing then we fucking deserve these corrupt wretched fucks

Just like a fucking liberal to literally watch corruption take place, put your hands in your pockets and say OH WELL

gutless
Just like a liberal?

The fuck happened to resetera since I last logged in?

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I hope she gets this, the suppression effort not to mention that hacking nonsense should have been disqualifying a long time ago.

Just like a liberal?

The fuck happened to resetera since I last logged in?

The majority of "liberals" are going to say "Better luck next time, we tried our best" about GA.

That's 100% unacceptable.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's fucking insane. How is a scenario like this legal in any way in a civilised democr... oh wait... forgot for a moment we were talking about Trump's America.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
There are several stories coming out about the election that should be investigated heavily. None of this "oh oops we forgot the machines!" bullshit should be forgotten anytime soon. I struggle to call this country even a representative democracy anymore tbqh

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here is an ad Kemp ran, just to give a bit more insight as to what kind of a shitheel he is.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Spent some time looking through the results in more detail. While Kemp not recusing himself is despicable, and it absolutely should be investigated thoroughly, I doubt there'll be any signs he had any impact beyond the standard GOP voter suppression bullshit.

Abrams received more votes than Clinton did in 2016. The election map is identical by county. Well, technically Washington county flipped back red--but that's a low population one that Trump lost by 51 votes and Kemp is currently up by 119 so that one's just a wash.

So it's more just that the demographics of Georgia aren't there yet unfortunately. But it's a great sign that they're going the right way. Clinton already did better than expected by winning Cobb and Gwinnett county--two Atlanta suburbs that had been red for a long time. Abrams won both of those by even larger percentages than Clinton did--and as a black woman with a far more progressive platform than Clinton's.

Those two counties are where the change needs to happen. The other few blue pockets in the state outside of the Atlanta metro area don't have enough population to matter much in drowning out the mass of red counties in the state. And I don't see any red counties on the maps that are flippable given 2016 and 2018 results. Also, the House races in those two districts are still too close to call. Karen Handel who narrowly beat John Ossoff in the high-profile special election is currently down (though by very little) to the democratic challenger in the 6th district , while in the 7th the democratic challenger is down by a few thousand with 20,000+ absentee ballots to count and one precinct not counted yet.

So good signs, even if disappointing results emerge. GA looks to be slowly going the path of Virginia where the suburbs gradually went blue and start determining most state wide elections.

Last edited:

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
The idea that the in power Governor campaigning for re-election also has the responsibility of overseeing the election and voting is absolutely absurd. Talk about conflict of interest.

I think someone mentioned if this was happening in Iraq or Afghanistan while we were there we would have sorted it immediately. Yet here we are letting it happen in our own country.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
The idea that the in power Governor campaigning for re-election also has the responsibility of overseeing the election and voting is absolutely absurd. Talk about conflict of interest.

In power secretary of state, not governor. Not re-election either, as it was an open seat as Nathan Deal is finishing his second term (which is the limit here).

Just as fucked up though and just mind boggling that it's legal for an elected official who oversees elections to keep the role when running for higher office. I guess it's unavoidable for secretaries of state running for re-election--though a solution would just be putting a one-term limit on those. Or better yet, change laws so states are required to have a non partisan elections office that oversees it.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Steal a $10 cake, get choked to death. Steal an election, and likely nothing is going to happen to him. He deserves to be in prison the rest of his life or worse.

Incidentally, I don't understand why the death penalty exists if you can commit high crimes against the government and just waltz off like nothing happened. In case someone steals some food trying to get by, I guess. Some justice.

Last edited:

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
yep, hopefully theres a legal fund to donate to. This can't stand.

They told negros they can't vote.

Skulls have been cracked for less.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Per CNN this morning:

45614119_2183233395329756_2884933484093112320_o.jpg

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
My gutless comment is targeting liberal electorate, not the actual players at hand.

They are going to be quick to shrug this off and let it slide, I refuse to let that happen.

What needs to be done?

1. Storm the capital yesterday
2. Organized political protest
2b Petition for the House to investigate this corruption
3. Loud messaging through social media and regular media
4. Physically bar Kemp from entering his seat. Do not allow him to enter the governor's mansion
5. Did I say be loud? Get louder
6. Demand Republicans to offer an new candidate and rerun the election

This is movement time right now.

#CantSilenceOurVote or sum shit, catchy hashtag and all that bull

Which one are you going to be personally doing?

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife & I are among the low 24% it seems. I really hope by some miracle she pulls ahead. We must fight!

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
My wife & I are among the low 24% it seems. I really hope by some miracle she pulls ahead. We must fight!

Same here. Kemp only got 26 votes in our (mostly black) precinct vs. 1,076 for Abrams and 12 for Metz. Stupid rural and exurban voters are still too numerous to out vote. At least it's trending the right way. That Abrams got more total votes than Clinton, with a more liberal platform and all the fuckery from Kemp, is an inspiring sign for the future.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm glad my area (Roswell and so), is trending more on the liberal side (at least starting to get there). I feel like GA is starting to lean more and more left every year. Feels nice. Still got a lot of work cut out for us though.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
What do you want people to do? Riot? Start killing white people?
Turn their anger into as much political action as you can. Then when thats exhausted, civil disobedience. As is historically done. Its not a alien concept, well maybe in america, but yea. They are clearly upset, as am I. This is unacceptable. You have to do everything *clap* you *clap* can.

Can't just go "gee golly thats too bad." at voter suppression.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
I live in Dekalb county now but my former county Cobb went Blue for the second time ever. That shit is awesome.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Yeah, I'm glad my area (Roswell and so), is trending more on the liberal side (at least starting to get there). I feel like GA is starting to lean more and more left every year. Feels nice. Still got a lot of work cut out for us though.

I live in Dekalb county now but my former county Cobb went Blue for the second time ever. That shit is awesome.

Yep. Those are the key areas--Cobb and Gwinnett. They need to keep going more blue for the state to flip in statewide elections. Fulton county needs to go bluer as well. Kemp got almost 27% there vs. under 15% in Dekalb. There aren't any high to moderate population counties to flip, so it's on those northern burbs and Fulton to up the percentage voting blue.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Yep. Those are the key areas--Cobb and Gwinnett. They need to keep going more blue for the state to flip in statewide elections. Fulton county needs to go bluer as well. Kemp got almost 27% there vs. under 15% in Dekalb. There aren't any high to moderate population counties to flip, so it's on those northern burbs and Fulton to up the percentage voting blue.
Gwinnett ain't going blue in a while Suwannee and Buford as well as grayson and loganville will make it tough

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Gwinnett ain't going blue in a while Suwannee and Buford as well as grayson and loganville will make it tough

You mean tough to go more blue right? Abrams won Gwinnett with 56.5% there. Did a little better than in Cobb (54%).

But yes, it's still a tough road to get those percentages high enough to out vote the vast rural swaths of the state. But they're going that way. Clinton got 50.2% in Gwinnett and 47.9% in Cobb in 2016, so it's still a great sign that a black woman with a far more liberal platform and running against the Secretary of State overseeing the electon did better than Hillary in those counties.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
You mean tough to go more blue right? Abrams won Gwinnett with 56.5% there. Did a little better than in Cobb (54%).

But yes, it's still a tough road to get those percentages high enough to out vote the vast rural swaths of the state. But they're going that way. Clinton got 50.2% in Gwinnett and 47.9% in Cobb in 2016, so it's still a great sign that a black woman with a far more liberal platform and running against the Secretary of State overseeing the electon did better than Hillary in those counties.
Yea I meant overall, Gwinnett has had a huge influx of people of color over the last 20 years I'm glad it's starting to show in the polls

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Which one are you going to be personally doing?

Well smartass.... Anyone can do 2, 2B, 3, 5, and 6, The others will be for GA residents

Seeing as nobody on this board is my mom and I don't have to fucking check in with y'all, Ive already started making calls to get something organized in GA as a spur to action.

Right now everyone is rallying behind Abrams and doing it through the system but it isn't enough...

You are 100% the example of the liberal I spoke of earlier. Gutless.

You come into the thread and your first move is to try to challenge my methods and my action. You don't have shit to say about the actual corruption taking place. This is why y'all piss me off.

Everything is internet points with y'all. Guess what? Im allowed to be pissed. Im allowed to call to action. Im allowed to help organize. Im allowed to use my voice.

Either help with that or get the fuck out the way. These are my people affected. It was their voice that was tossed to the side. If you don't give a fuck about that, then thats more than fine! Its perfectly fine actually!

Get the fuck out my way.

That goes for everyone else in this thread and on this board. If you aren't going to help, don't fucking @ me.

What do you want people to do? Riot? Start killing white people?

fucking pathetic, can't even respond to you if you lack so much brain power

thanks Commedieu , what a dumb ass post of his

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tweet not found. What did it say?

"Georgia Secretary of State and gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp has posted a giant Excel file with the names, voter registration numbers, home addresses, and in some cases elderly or disability status of 291,163 absentee voters which seems... weird?

Copying/pasting from another window where it's still viewable.

The link was working a minute ago, but it looks like they just pulled it. May have actually been a technical issue.

Edit - Wait, no, that file is definitely still there.

New tweet:

Last Edit - I'm taking the link out myself so that I'm not sharing personal info

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
"Georgia Secretary of State and gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp has posted a giant Excel file with the names, voter registration numbers, home addresses, and in some cases elderly or disability status of 291,163 absentee voters which seems... weird?

Copying/pasting from another window where it's still viewable.

The link was working a minute ago, but it looks like they just pulled it. May have actually been a technical issue.

Edit - Wait, no, that file is definitely still there.

New tweet:

Last Edit - I'm taking the link out myself so that I'm not sharing personal info

It is just a new push for transparency that the liberal snowflakes always want. /s

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My hope is that the Georgia example motivates other Democratic state legislatures to end gerrymandering and to set up independent election officers. Because otherwise, this loss would be entirely for nothing.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Absolutely crazy that this isn't illegal. It's just so blatantly corrupt. The kind of thing we mock Banana Republics for.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Well smartass.... Anyone can do 2, 2B, 3, 5, and 6, The others will be for GA residents

Seeing as nobody on this board is my mom and I don't have to fucking check in with y'all, Ive already started making calls to get something organized in GA as a spur to action.

Right now everyone is rallying behind Abrams and doing it through the system but it isn't enough...

You are 100% the example of the liberal I spoke of earlier. Gutless.

You come into the thread and your first move is to try to challenge my methods and my action. You don't have shit to say about the actual corruption taking place. This is why y'all piss me off.

Everything is internet points with y'all. Guess what? Im allowed to be pissed. Im allowed to call to action. Im allowed to help organize. Im allowed to use my voice.

Either help with that or get the fuck out the way. These are my people affected. It was their voice that was tossed to the side. If you don't give a fuck about that, then thats more than fine! Its perfectly fine actually!

Get the fuck out my way.

That goes for everyone else in this thread and on this board. If you aren't going to help, don't fucking @ me.

fucking pathetic, can't even respond to you if you lack so much brain power

thanks Commedieu , what a dumb ass post of his

Maybe he just doesn't like the loud self-important shitheel going around attacking everyone?

Oct 27, 2017
The bastard just declared victory. Apparently he's been allowed to see the counties where 22,000 provisionals are coming in from while nobody else has.

Deleted member 47843

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Last edited:

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No. But Kemp declared victory and his pollster said there aren't enough outstanding provisional and absent ballots left for him to fall under 50% even if he loses all of them. That's from his campaign, so take the validity of it with a mountain of salt.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--reg...georgia-governor-race/9yLoEscqbUFOZEDL57FbxO/
Hmm thanks. I'm not listening to anything that camp has to say. They've been cheating the while time to the surprise of no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.