• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

heman222

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
Came here for the jingle , was not disappointed. If some has a full song/ cover based off the jingle ( if it exists) please let me know.
Also when is kof 98 for ps4/xbox?

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Came here for the jingle , was not disappointed. If some has a full song/ cover based off the jingle ( if it exists) please let me know.
Also when is kof 98 for ps4/xbox?
Kof98 Ultimate Match is available on xbox One via 360 bc and comes with the original 98. Much better work than any of these overpriced roms Hamster is selling.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I know I shouldn't but it triggers me to see ADK games beeing refered to as SNK games.

They weren't the same company and only in 2000 did SNK get all of their properties once they went into bankrupcy

OP
OP

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Got a question, I have a Switch, and already purchased Garou.
Which games would you recommend?
I'm curious in particular about fatal fury special, last blade, waku 7, roddy and cathy, sengoku series, robo army, mutation nation and spin master. How are they?

The Last Blade is an excellent choice if you're looking for another high quality fighting game like Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

If you're looking for a less serious fighting game, check out Waku Waku 7. It's colorful, cartoony, and quirky. The animations are great, the music is upbeat, and the overall tone of the game is cheerful.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Last Blade is an excellent choice if you're looking for another high quality fighting game like Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

If you're looking for a less serious fighting game, check out Waku Waku 7. It's colorful, cartoony, and quirky. The animations are great, the music is upbeat, and the overall tone of the game is cheerful.

Thanks Emily! Will check those too.

mao2

Oct 28, 2017
What an awesome thread, thanks Emily! Just noticed a little mistake though; Shock Troopers 2nd Squad is listed for Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, but it's currently only available on Switch.

Anyway when's Sengoku 3 coming Hamster-san??

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok got some left over store credit(just enough for an aca title) not sure what to grab, already have these
Finally! Have samurai showdown 4 Waku Waku 7, shock troopers, and garou. Not rushing for Samurai showdown 1, metal slug, aerofighters 2 or 1945 though.... because I have them on my actual mvs 4slot
While I'm tempted by by Mario Bros., thought I'd throw out the request. Don't want another fighter, and not interested in sports unless really unique

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Ok got some left over store credit(just enough for an aca title) not sure what to grab, already have these

While I'm tempted by by Mario Bros., thought I'd throw out the request. Don't want another fighter, and not interested in sports unless really unique
Pulstar, Last Resort, Blazing Star

Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Shock Troopers 2

Top Spin

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
What a beautiful thread. Thank you for compiling this wealth of information. Gonna be checking out some of these titles soon, as I never really got in to Neo Geo but I've always been intrigued.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
woah! what a massive and greatly done thread.
The similar (switch only) thread in the "old days" was my most visited thread. So it will be here.

Hey Hamster! for the love of god; PLEASE release Super Spy and Crossed Swords 1
and 2
sometimes in the future

important side note: Street Hoop is so much better than NBA Jam. it's ridiculous

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
How's the emulation? How "arcade perfect" are they?

How do they look on the Switch when docked? Any additional input lag?
Emulation is solid and errors (like Garou's scroll bug) are routinely patched. Lots of options too. You can tell Hamster and Gotch Technology put a lot of effort into accuracy.

I almost never play anything docked so I'm not sure how well everything scales.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Emulation is solid and errors (like Garou's scroll bug) are routinely patched. Lots of options too. You can tell Hamster and Gotch Technology put a lot of effort into accuracy.

I almost never play anything docked so I'm not sure how well everything scales.

Just make sure you disable the screen filters (default= ON !). Games look surprisingly good on my 46" LED TV. I like it better "blocky" and sharp than "vaseline smeared". IMO, of course.

what's kinda annoying but understandable: japanese versions savestates are not compatible with english versions savestates and vice versa.

Oct 26, 2017
My dad loved NES Golf. Is Neo Turf Masters simple enough that he might like it?

For example, he also loved NES Tennis, never cared for Super Tennis, but eventually enjoyed Virtua Tennis on DC.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody loves Neo Turf Masters. Buy without fear.

Edit: Wait, so this thread was only made yesterday? wtf Era.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Turf Masters is one of the best Golf games ever made. Its one of those good games I don't own on AES, way too expensive lol.

I am probably jumping in once Sengoku 3 and Shock Troopers hit. Shock Troopers 1 had an amazing PS3 port by M2 though (I loved NG Station in general). Very disappointed by those separate LB2 and Garou ports, removing intro etc. Online was shitty anyway.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
I want Breakers Revenge, Gowcaizer, Kabuki Klash or SVC Chaos.

I'm afraid SvC's licensing issues with Capcom might complicate its release.

For now I'm waiting for Top Hunter though - I wish SNK did more with that series, but at least on occasion it gets cameos in KoF.

Thinking about it makes me wish releases like these applied tweaks to the originals, like using Cathy by default as player 1 in Top Hunter (since she's the superior design), or correcting translations in games like Art of Fighting...

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
I'm on mobile but some discussed KoF98 UM earlier saying it's XBOX/BC only or something, just want to quickly say it's on Steam as well alongside KoF2002's similar version since the guy talking about it said he had an arcade stick for PC. But I didn't find it that great tbh. It doesn't even have any nice scanlines/crt filters to choose from and has some pointless options in brand new sterile menus with 3D effects, I don't know. It's certainly better than some shoddy emulator rom releases of the past but still. Switching to the original from a different menu rather than just choosing its modes from the main screen is weird too and who knows if the balance tweaks of the main are really worth it (it also has some more characters though), I'd personally stick with the original rather than an one off sidegrade unless SNK had adopted it as the standard definitive edition for any future port, but they didn't as far as I can tell and continue to port the arcade release (with mixed results sadly, they need to get their act together and treat their classics with respect and consistency, like the SEGA Genesis games on steam).

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I guess that SNKP released their games on XBLA only because

-That market was way more robust than PSN at the beggining of the gen
-They were chasing the western market
-They didn't wanted to spent that much money on 2 different devkits
-Microsoft did a deal with them.

In perspective, that decisión wasn't bad, when SNKP was releasing their games, the Marketplace was more exclusive, so they didn't have to compete with dozens of games released quickly, also the 360 was the market lead alongisde the wii (which also got a huge support with neo geo games) so isn't weird that they choose to remian exclusively there, at least this deal worked for Microsoft, since lots of Friends bought 360 only to play this exclusive SNK games there

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a 360->PS4 arcade stick adaptor? I have a great 360 stick for the Cave shmups and would prefer to not buy another full arcade stick to play these (and Battle Garegga etc)

RagingAvatar

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester

Aigato

Oct 30, 2017
Manchester, UK
Props to you as well my friend. I would also recommend arcade club Bury ( if you did not already know about it ) for your fighting game needs. Hope to see you there.

Muchos propos to Manc fighters like myself. If anyone wants to play KOF 98, I'm rubbish like but yeah, hit me up - RagingAvatar on Xbox.

EDIT: Heman222, if you want your stick modded for Xbox I can help.

Manc Rising here on ResetEra.

Been meaning to get to Arcade Club for a while but having 3 children at home and full time work means I keep putting it off!.

heman222

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
I really did not expect to come here and find the Manchester Kof players . I thought you guys were myths. Me and my friends run the local kof scene in Manchester at Arcade club Bury. So hit me up if you guys ever want an offline session. Other than that , keep playing and make sure to watch those sodium levels :).

Muchos propos to Manc fighters like myself. If anyone wants to play KOF 98, I'm rubbish like but yeah, hit me up - RagingAvatar on Xbox.

EDIT: Heman222, if you want your stick modded for Xbox I can help.

I would like to take you up on that offer , would you be able to PM me please?

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I still don't understand why there is a mandatory blur filter when choosing scanlines options.
At this point I doubt it'll ever be fixed and maybe there's some specific reason? Because Psykio ports by ZeroDiv do the same thing (OT: everybody buy Gunbird, still as awesome as ever).

Also, still haven't grabbed Top Hunter. How is it? One of the few games I'm unfamiliar with, never had it on AES or even spent much time emulating it (if I did it was more than a decade ago, can't remember if I liked it).

Btw, stay away from ST 2nd Squad, such a pale imitation of the first, amazing, Shock Troopers.

Aigato

Oct 30, 2017
Manchester, UK
I really did not expect to come here and find the Manchester Kof players . I thought you guys were myths. Me and my friends run the local kof scene in Manchester at Arcade club Bury. So hit me up if you guys ever want an offline session. Other than that , keep playing and make sure to watch those sodium levels :).

I would like to take you up on that offer , would you be able to PM me please?

I can honestly say outside of the few I have converted, I have never met another Manc who loves KoF!.

I don't have LIVE anymore for my 360 but if either you or RagingAvatar are on PSN and fancy some XIV, drop me a PM :)

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
Amazing OT. Been having fun with Neo Turf Masters on Switch. More recommendations welcome! Especially non fighting games...

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I really need someone to make a dpad joycon when I'm travelling. This nub just cannot cut it for fighters.

Debating on whether I should pick up more Metal Slug...

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I completely don't understand why Hamster doesn't include legacy controller support on PS4 with these games. Even the PS2 isos like KOF2000 or SS6 has Legacy Controllers. Big SNK games like Last Blade 2 have it also.

Nothing from Hamster and they released shitload of titles already. Come on.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Absolutely fantastic OT. Thanks so much for this.

The Neo Geo was my dream system as a kid. I used to fawn over the graphics while reading EGM and GamePro, and I'd always try out the newest fighting game (and the odd shooter or beat-em-up) at my local arcade whenever a new one popped up.

I had no idea so many were now available on the PS4. I have a bad feeling that this thread is going to lead me in to spending a pretty penny picking up most of these. Having this full list on my PS4 would make my 12 year-old self squeal with glee.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Anyone else bothered by the Hamster scanline filter? Looks like they apply the scanline to the original image res. When you fit to 4:3 screen the lines are all ruined. It's a wrong implementation and serves nothing.
Also, I bought Metal Slug and the game did slowdown like crazy at random moments. Months later I've bought The Last Blade and the same happened, refunded the game immediately. Is the emulation good yet? It's odd they can't emulate neogeo with minimal accuracy in 2017. And the games are expensive.

NewAgeOfAces

Dec 5, 2017
Anyone else bothered by the Hamster scanline filter? Looks like they apply the scanline to the original image res. When you fit to 4:3 screen the lines are all ruined. It's a wrong implementation and serves nothing.
Also, I bought Metal Slug and the game did slowdown like crazy at random moments. Months later I've bought The Last Blade and the same happened, refunded the game immediately. Is the emulation good yet? It's odd they can't emulate neogeo with minimal accuracy in 2017. And the games are expensive.

If you want to use the scanline filter for any of the ACA Neogeo titles, I'd recommend setting screen size to 133 and scanline filter setting to A4.

Setting the screen size to 133 is the closest you are going to get to a perfect at 3x on a 1080p monitor. I wish Hamster would just add a pixel perfect scaling option and let people choose if they want to have the bilinear filter on or off with scanlines.

These settings are what I use on the 20+ ACA NG PS4 titles I have installed and in my opinion, I think that's as good as it gets.

Deleted member 5956

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I bought Metal Slug and the game did slowdown like crazy at random moments. Months later I've bought The Last Blade and the same happened, refunded the game immediately. Is the emulation good yet? It's odd they can't emulate neogeo with minimal accuracy in 2017.

That slowdown was there on real
hardware too, the emulation is fine.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want a KOF for my Switch but I'm kinda tired of 98 these days and I think I'm holding out for 2002.

That list of upcoming ACA games for Switch is really depressing.

My wishlist:
Baseball Stars 2
Windjammers
Magical Drop 3
Samurai Shodown 2
Samura Shodown V Special
Sengoku 3
KOF 2002
SNK vs Capcom

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to use the scanline filter for any of the ACA Neogeo titles, I'd recommend setting screen size to 133 and scanline filter setting to A4.

Setting the screen size to 133 is the closest you are going to get to a perfect at 3x on a 1080p monitor. I wish Hamster would just add a pixel perfect scaling option and let people choose if they want to have the bilinear filter on or off with scanlines.

These settings are what I use on the 20+ ACA NG PS4 titles I have installed and in my opinion, I think that's as good as it gets.
Yep. It continues to boggle my mind that you can't have scanlines enabled without the smoothing/bilinear filter in these ACA releases. Just... why? It's such a strange oversight and makes no sense at all.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil

Thank you. Your settings are good but I like the screen to fit vertical axis. I'm using 161 and A1 filter. Maybe someday they'll fix the filters.
That slowdown was there on real
hardware too, the emulation is fine.
No. It was adicional slowdown. I played this game to death back in the days and it was not like this.
I just replayed 3 missions a moment ago and looks like they fixed the emulation slowdowns! I must buy The Last Blade again.