• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Well that's good to hear. When the hell are they gonna release it?

Whenever they feel like it. Baseball Stars 2 got rated by PEGI a while ago so that's in the pipeline. I don't know how many total NG games are left to release, but I hope they slow down on the SF Clones soon. Ninja Master is coming out in a few weeks and that is a TERRIBLE, abysmal game that's a shameless Street Fighter knockoff, and it controls like shit. I don't know if there's any more puzzle games/action platformers to release but I'd rather they go for more of those, or just score chasers in general.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking at these, and I'm not sure what to get. i'm thinking a puzzle game, but I want something with single player replay value.
I don't like sports games, and I have too many Neo Geo fighters.
I know I like Puzzle Bobble, but Magical Drop 3 and Twinkle Star Sprites look interesting as well, and I don't know if it's worth waiting for the second Puzzle Bobble.

I'm open for suggestions on other genres though. Also, I'm definitely gonna get Metal Slugs, so you can disregard that too.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
I'm looking at these, and I'm not sure what to get. i'm thinking a puzzle game, but I want something with single player replay value.
I don't like sports games, and I have too many Neo Geo fighters.
I know I like Puzzle Bobble, but Magical Drop 3 and Twinkle Star Sprites look interesting as well, and I don't know if it's worth waiting for the second Puzzle Bobble.

I'm open for suggestions on other genres though. Also, I'm definitely gonna get Metal Slugs, so you can disregard that too.
Magical Drop 3 is pretty good IMO.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
So is puzzle bobble 2 ever going to actually come out? I've seen it listed on their upcoming releases a couple of times now, and with the release of Ragnagard last week it looks like they've skipped puzzle bobble 2 again.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
So is puzzle bobble 2 ever going to actually come out? I've seen it listed on their upcoming releases a couple of times now, and with the release of Ragnagard last week it looks like they've skipped puzzle bobble 2 again.

until they get off their kick of releasing endless ripoffs of other games (since most of the more original games/best fighters are out already) I don't know when they'll get around to it. Very annoying to say the least. How many more SF2 clones are left? They didn't even release some of the actual good fighters remaining like Double Dragon or Rage of the Dragons, or SNK VS Capcom.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
until they get off their kick of releasing endless ripoffs of other games (since most of the more original games/best fighters are out already) I don't know when they'll get around to it. Very annoying to say the least. How many more SF2 clones are left? They didn't even release some of the actual good fighters remaining like Double Dragon or Rage of the Dragons, or SNK VS Capcom.

If you think most of the games are just "SF2 clones" then maybe these games aren't for you.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
If you think most of the games are just "SF2 clones" then maybe these games aren't for you.

Except the early NG library is filled with clones and knockoffs. Until 1997, most of the fighters on the system save for King of Fighters don't bother trying anything new with the genre, and the super early ones like Art of Fighting and World Heroes are shameless SF ripoffs, no exception. Fatal Fury and KOF at least changed up the gameplay style (FF1 with co-op fighting, and KOF with team battles) but the early years of NG fighters were really, really bad. I played a bunch of them through here and compilations in the past and I strongly prefer fighters made after 97 over the early age.

Heck, I'd rather play SNK's Street Smart over garbage like Art of Fighting 1/2 or Ninja Masters ever again. (Though I will admit, the third AOF game was the closest to fun out of all of them, and it seems to be the first with high quality animations, which are MUCH better than AOF 1/2's ugly look) Part of the reason I loved the Wii U VC was because there was a new game every week and most of them changed genres every so often that it didn't feel like I was playing the same game every week save for dud ones where only black box games came out. Now that almost all the good fighters are out, we're stuck with the early age trash until they get to the glory that is SNK VS Capcom or something that isn't a fighting game so I barely buy ACA NG games as much as I used to. For every outstanding game like Ninja Commando and Magical Drop III, there are like 10 duds that are mediocre at best.

Cool stuff like Garou, Waku Waku 7, Blazing Star and Shock Troopers Second Squad all launched in the first year of the switch's life, so now we're stuck with crud like Ninja Masters and Ragnaguard while waiting for stuff like Puzzle Bobble 2, Neo Bomberman, Neo Mr. Do and the cooler fighters they still have left to release like KOF 2003, Double Dragon, Rage of the Dragons and SNK VS Capcom. It makes me wish that they would make the OG ACA series a weekly release instead of the NG series, since there's more genre variety with that than with NeoGeo at this point.

Unless they get unreleased games like Sun Shine, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ironclad on this. That would be super duper cool.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except the early NG library is filled with clones and knockoffs. Until 1997, most of the fighters on the system save for King of Fighters don't bother trying anything new with the genre, and the super early ones like Art of Fighting and World Heroes are shameless SF ripoffs, no exception. Fatal Fury and KOF at least changed up the gameplay style (FF1 with co-op fighting, and KOF with team battles) but the early years of NG fighters were really, really bad. I played a bunch of them through here and compilations in the past and I strongly prefer fighters made after 97 over the early age.

Pretty convenient for you to forget Samurai Shodown (1993), easily one of the most innovative fighters/series ever.

Kizuna Encounter was the first tag fighter ever.

There were plenty of mechanics introduced in SNK/Neo-geo games that are considered the norm today. To dismiss most of the games as clones is simply ignorance.

Last edited:

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Pretty convenient for you to forget Samurai Shodown (1993), easily one of the most innovative fighters/series ever.

Kizuna Encounter was the first tag fighter ever.

There were plenty of mechanics introduced in SNK/Neo-geo games that are considered the norm today. To dismiss most of the games as clones is simply ignorance.

The only SamShowdown game I've played is VI, which I thought was average at best. I did buy the Last Blade 2 though, but could only find enjoyment in it through the secret character.

And KOF 94 launched two years before Kizuna Encounter and one year before Savage Reign, IIRC, so I think that was fun. I do enjoy KOF though, even if the early ones are very rough, they still are 1000X more enjoyable than the other fighters I just cannot stand. World Heroes, AOF 1/2, Ninja Masters, so many of the early ones are just unfun to play, even if some of their mechanics stuck in the genre. Being a clone isn't a bad thing in itself, but it's undeniable that SNK and Capcom took cues from each other constantly during the 90s and a lot of their games feel samey until the late 90s. Heck, even Garou, which clearly took some cues from SFIII, felt fresh enough that I vastly preferred it to any version of SFIII hands down, and I'm curious about Double Dragon and Revenge of the Dragons solely because I'm wanting to see how Technos' efforts on the NG went, after a good period in the arcades.

Heck, with the Capcom point brought up earlier, playing their beat em up collection drove that point home as outside of Battle Circuit, a lot of the games felt very samey and made on the same engine, with really very little to feel different enough to be engaging. And for arcade games meant to be score chasers, that's not really fun compared to something like Magical Drop III or Puzzle Bobble. I can play those two games constantly (MDIII is easily the most played ACA Game ever released for me) but fighters I don't see much reason to after I beat the main game with every single character in the roster. (Though for KOF, that does take a while) Thus seeing how many of them we've gotten in the past few months (and how they keep releasing KOF games that aren't 2003 despite that being the newest they can port and the one I'm waiting to buy on Switch the most) just feels like fatigue more than anything, I'm sorry.

I'm just waiting to see if they'll release any cool platformers like Spinmaster and Magician Lord since it's been a very long while since the last one. I got Top Hunter ages ago and I don't think they released another besides Blue's Journey (Which I have on my wishlist)

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only SamShowdown game I've played is VI, which I thought was average at best. I did buy the Last Blade 2 though, but could only find enjoyment in it through the secret character.

Samurai Shodown was the first fighter to have mechanics like running, power meters and parrying. To brush it off like that while talking about the significance of games in a genre is honestly laughable.

And KOF 94 launched two years before Kizuna Encounter and one year before Savage Reign, IIRC, so I think that was fun.

KOF94 was not a tag fighter, it was a team fighter.

Kizuna Encounter was the first tag fighter, as in you can tag out your teammate in the middle of a round.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/01/09/kizuna-encounter-release-date/#/slide/1

Looks like Kizuna Encounter is up next for tomorrow's ACA release, assuming the releases are the same across both PS4 and Switch. It's actually quite a competent fighter with attractive visuals and some interesting character designs. It was also the first ever tag-team fighter, if I recall.

kizuna-encounter-release-date.jpg

Who's planning on picking it up?

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what the Audio Quality setting does? It seems to act like some kind of equalizer, with the Average setting seemingly boosting all sound frequencies up equally, resulting in a louder overall sound. But I also feel like I'm noticing a bit more audio distortion when enabling it. I might be imagining things though.

Also, is there any additional input delay introduced by the extra audio processing with this setting enabled?

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what the Audio Quality setting does? It seems to act like some kind of equalizer, with the Average setting seemingly boosting all sound frequencies up equally, resulting in a louder overall sound. But I also feel like I'm noticing a bit more audio distortion when enabling it. I might be imagining things though.

Also, is there any additional input delay introduced by the extra audio processing with this setting enabled?
I think Audio Quality is more just like an audio filter. So I don't think it adds any more processing, it's just kind of like a scanline filter, but for audio.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I think Audio Quality is more just like an audio filter. So I don't think it adds any more processing, it's just kind of like a scanline filter, but for audio.
Well an audio filter, much like a visual one, would introduce another layer of processing that otherwise wouldn't be there if disabled, but from my testing so far I'm not noticing any added input lag with the Audio Quality setting enabled. It sounds punchier than the default, so I think I'm gonna leave it enabled on all of my ACA NEO-GEO games.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

It really just adds an echo. Messed around with it in MDII, saw no reason in using it.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/01/09/kizuna-encounter-release-date/#/slide/1

Looks like Kizuna Encounter is up next for tomorrow's ACA release, assuming the releases are the same across both PS4 and Switch. It's actually quite a competent fighter with attractive visuals and some interesting character designs. It was also the first ever tag-team fighter, if I recall.

Huh, I thought we were getting another soccer game today. This is a nice surprise.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yep. I think it's rather underrated, personally, so I'll be picking it up for sure.
Used my 8Bitdo stick and played some of it last night.

I ended up loving it. The tag system works really well in context to the way the stage is laid out. There is a meta game of keeping your opponent away from their tag zone. Stage design is wonderful and I really appreciate those little intros before you get into the fight.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish that this games were released on all plataforms across all regions.

I want to play Art of Fighting 3 with Friends in my US PS4 account, I don't want to play this games on my switch or using an asian account.

The only games that I'm missing for this set are

- Breakers Revenge
- Matrimelee
- Rage of the Dragons
- SNK vs Capcom

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
But they were? ACA Neo Geo games are available on all 3 platforms.
The only one that's missing is World Heroes Perfect.

Not exactly.

Like I said, I can't buy Art of Fighting 3 on PS4 in my US account, neither Real Bout 2, but I can buy them on Switch and Xbox I think

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish that this games were released on all plataforms across all regions.

I want to play Art of Fighting 3 with Friends in my US PS4 account, I don't want to play this games on my switch or using an asian account.

The only games that I'm missing for this set are

- Breakers Revenge
- Matrimelee
- Rage of the Dragons
- SNK vs Capcom
Those are the major ones I'm waiting for as well, after Ninja Masters releases in a week or two.

I fear that SvC Chaos might never come to the ACA line due to licensing issues, however. It would be amazing to have that game on my Switch though.

Oh, and SamSho V Special! How could I forget? Gotta have that.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Not exactly.

Like I said, I can't buy Art of Fighting 3 on PS4 in my US account, neither Real Bout 2, but I can buy them on Switch and Xbox I think

Yeah that's mainly due to Sony's slow approval process holding up the ACA series from launching weekly like on every other system. Nothing that can be done unfortunately

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah, this looks interesting. I wouldn't mind picking up an SNK fighter or two but I feel many of them are same-y. I should probably get SamSho or a KOF game before this, though, I guess.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, this looks interesting. I wouldn't mind picking up an SNK fighter or two but I feel many of them are same-y. I should probably get SamSho or a KOF game before this, though, I guess.

Get Garou and Waku 7. Real Bout 2 is also good. I despise fighters that are samey but those three are fun enough that I like them a ton for what they are.

Aggressors of dark Kombat is interesting as well. Seems like a SF ripoff from the screenshots/featuring a world heroes char, but it's actually a fighter with beat em up elements which is really fun

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Whenever they feel like it. Baseball Stars 2 got rated by PEGI a while ago so that's in the pipeline. I don't know how many total NG games are left to release, but I hope they slow down on the SF Clones soon. Ninja Master is coming out in a few weeks and that is a TERRIBLE, abysmal game that's a shameless Street Fighter knockoff, and it controls like shit. I don't know if there's any more puzzle games/action platformers to release but I'd rather they go for more of those, or just score chasers in general.
I think the best hope for more of this stuff is if Hamster grabs some additional licenses (Visco, Hudson, Technos, etc). The well's starting to run dry on they've already got locked down.

I'm still dreaming they do a Pocket Archives NGPC line though.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Ninja Master's is up next for tomorrow's release.

https:///aca-neogeo-ninja-masters-launches-for-switch-on-17-january-2019/

I recall the game being okay when I played it via emulation years ago, but it's no Last Blade or Samurai Shodown. Nevertheless, it's nice to see it added to the ACA line.

I really hope that Bubble Bobble 2 finally releases before this cycle is over, and then hopefully we'll get either Samurai Shodown V Special or Breakers Revenge in the next batch.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Any leads on what this week's release will be? Puzzle Bobble 2 was supposed to be part of this batch of releases, so fingers crossed that it'll be that. My wife and I are going on a vacation soon, and I'd love to have that for some 2-player action on the plane.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
This week should he either Puzzle Bobble 2 or Ultimate 11. I wonder when they'll announce the next batch?

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope that Matrimelee and Rage of the Dragons get a release, they are not amazing games, but I still like them by how bold was to release those games at a time when Arcades where dying and the neo geo was already a 12 year old board. Also respecting ROTD for being a mexican game in part.

Also, Breakers Revenge deserves a release too, is arguably the best non snk fighter in the console

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I really hope that Matrimelee and Rage of the Dragons get a release, they are not amazing games, but I still like them by how bold was to release those games at a time when Arcades where dying and the neo geo was already a 12 year old board. Also respecting ROTD for being a mexican game in part.

Also, Breakers Revenge deserves a release too, is arguably the best non snk fighter in the console
I think I read somewhere that the rights for Rage of the Dragons were difficult to obtain, because the Mexican company doesn't exist anymore. Matrimelee and Breakers should be fine, though.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
How many games do we even have left after this batch?

Still waiting on Baseball Stars 2.
There are still quite a number of high-profile games that haven't yet been released. Here are some that jump to mind:
  • Samurai Shodown V Special
  • Breakers Revenge
  • Rage of the Dragons
  • King of Fighters 2003
  • Neo Bomberman
  • SNK vs Capcom
And then of course there are some other more niche titles that I can't think of at the moment that could still be released.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
How many games do we even have left after this batch?

Still waiting on Baseball Stars 2.
Not including Quiz/Mahjong stuff, from licensees Hamster already owns or works with on ACA NeoGeo:
  • Baseball Stars 2 (SNK)
  • Crossed Swords II (SNK)
  • The Irritating Maze (SNK)
  • The King of Fighters 2003 (SNK)
  • Pochi & Nyaa (Square Enix)
  • Pop'n Bounce (Hamster)
  • Samurai Showdown V Special (SNK)
  • Treasure of the Caribbean (Excel)
  • ZinTrick (SNK)
And those they don't yet but might make deals with:
  • Andro Dunos (Visco)
  • Bang Bead (Visco)
  • Battle Flip Shot (Visco)
  • Bomberman: Panic Bomber (Konami)
  • Breakers (Visco)
  • Breakers Revenge (Visco)
  • Captain Tomaday (Visco)
  • Double Dragon (Arc System Works)
  • Far East of Eden: Kabuki Klash (Konami)
  • Ganryu (Visco)
  • Goal! Goal! Goal! (Visco)
  • Neo Bomberman (Konami)
  • Neo Drift Out: New Technology (Visco)
  • Neo Mr. Do (Visco/licensed)
  • Puzzle de Pon! (Visco/licensed)
  • Puzzle de Pon! R (Visco/licensed)
  • Tecmo World Soccer '96 (Koei Tecmo)
  • Super Dodge Ball (Arc System Works)
  • Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer (Arc System Works)
  • Windjammers (Paon)
And those they don't yet and probably won't/can't:
  • Eightman (SNK/licensed)
  • Fight Fever (whoever owns Viccom's IP)
  • Legend of Success Joe (SNK/licensed)
  • Matrimelee (Sega)
  • Nightmare in the Dark (whoever owns Gavaking's IP)
  • Rage of the Dragons (SNK/possible infringement issues)
  • SNK Vs. Capcom SVC Chaos (SNK/licensed)
  • Viewpoint (Sega)

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I think I read somewhere that the rights for Rage of the Dragons were difficult to obtain, because the Mexican company doesn't exist anymore. Matrimelee and Breakers should be fine, though.
Matrilmelee is Atlus, which means Sega, which means probably not happening. Viewpoint (Sammy) is in the same boat.

Rage of Dragons is less likely because it's basically Double Dragon without the license. Hamster does work with ASW so maybe an agreement could be made but it seems unlikely imo.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I made a list with all the unreleased games, maybe I forgot something, or added a game that was released. Overall, the only games that I can see getting a release are the visco ones if Hamster has any interest in getting a deal with them. From SNK, the most glaring omission must be baseball stars, and kof 2003 but the later is totally going to be released sooner and later. SNK vs CAPCOM would depend on whatever Capcom wants it or not. Then you have other games that are in license hell and shitty games that deserve to be buried. I didn't include games like WindJammers or Samurai Shodown Special since those are already avaliable digitally, so maybe the respective publishers don't want to see those games getting released here (although Samurai Shodown Special seems like a game that is going to be released, just like the other games from SNK that got releases with online for PS4)

Andro Dunos /Shoot 'em up /Visco
Bakatono-sama Mahjong Manyūki /Board game /Monolith, SNK
Bang Bead /Sports /Visco
Baseball Stars 2 /Sports /SNK
Battle Flip Shot /Sports /Visco
Bomberman: Panic Bomber /Puzzle /Hudson Soft
Breakers /Fighting /Visco
Breakers Revenge /Fighting Visco
Captain Tomaday /Shoot 'em up /Visco
Chibi Maruko-chan: Maruko Deluxe Quiz /Quiz game /Takara
Double Dragon /Fighting /Technōs Japan Corp
Eight Man /Beat 'em up /Pallas
Far East of Eden: Kabuki Klash /Fighting Racjin, Red Entertainment
Fight Fever /Fighting /Viccom
Ganryu /Hack and slash, Platform /Visco
Goal! Goal! Goal! /Sports /Visco
The Irritating Maze /Action Maze /Saurus
Janshin Densetsu: Quest of Jongmaster /Board game /Aicom
The King of Fighters 2003 /Fighting /SNK SNK Playmore
Legend of Success Joe /Beat 'em up /FightingWave
Mahjong Kyōretsuden: Nishi Nihon Hen/ Board game /SNK
Matrimelee /Fighting /Atlus, Noise Factory
Neo Bomberman /Action, Maze /Hudson Soft
Neo Drift Out: New Technology /Racing /Visco
Neo Mr. Do! Action, Maze /Visco
Nightmare in the Dark /Platform /Eleven, Gavaking
Pochi & Nyaa /Puzzle Aiky, Taito
Pop'n Bounce /Action /Video System
Puzzle Bobble 2 /Puzzle /Taito
Puzzle De Pon! /Puzzle /Visco
Puzzle De Pon R! /Puzzle /Visco
Quiz Daisōsasen: The Last Count Down /Quiz game /SNK
Quiz King of Fighters /Quiz game /Saurus, SNK
Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo: Quiz Daisōsasen Part 2 /Quiz game /SNK
Rage of the Dragons /Fighting /Evoga Entertainment
Shōgi no Tatsujin: Master of Syougi /Board game /ADK
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos /Fighting /Capcom, SNK Playmore
Super Dodge Ball /Sports/Technōs Japan Corp
Tecmo World Soccer '96 /Sports /Tecmo
The Ultimate 11: SNK Football Championship /Sports /SNK
Viewpoint /Shoot 'em up /Aicom, Sammy
Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer /Fighting /Technōs Japan

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Matrilmelee is Atlus, which means Sega, which means probably not happening. Viewpoint (Sammy) is in the same boat.

Rage of Dragons is less likely because it's basically Double Dragon without the license. Hamster does work with ASW so maybe an agreement could be made but it seems unlikely imo.
You're right! I keep forgetting that Sega owns Atlus now.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish than Atlus released a console version of Senzo Kuyo, is the latest entry in the power instinct series and is legit good, since is an well done Matrimelee. You can play it perfectly using emulators and the like, but I still want an official release

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Not including Quiz/Mahjong stuff, from licensees Hamster already owns or works with on ACA NeoGeo:
  • Baseball Stars 2 (SNK)
  • Crossed Swords II (SNK)
  • The Irritating Maze (SNK)
  • The King of Fighters 2003 (SNK)
  • Pochi & Nyaa (Square Enix)
  • Pop'n Bounce (Hamster)
  • Samurai Showdown V Special (SNK)
  • Treasure of the Caribbean (Excel)
  • ZinTrick (SNK)
And those they don't yet but might make deals with:
  • Andro Dunos (Visco)
  • Bang Bead (Visco)
  • Battle Flip Shot (Visco)
  • Bomberman: Panic Bomber (Konami)
  • Breakers (Visco)
  • Breakers Revenge (Visco)
  • Captain Tomaday (Visco)
  • Double Dragon (Arc System Works)
  • Far East of Eden: Kabuki Klash (Konami)
  • Ganryu (Visco)
  • Goal! Goal! Goal! (Visco)
  • Neo Bomberman (Konami)
  • Neo Drift Out: New Technology (Visco)
  • Neo Mr. Do (Visco/licensed)
  • Puzzle de Pon! (Visco/licensed)
  • Puzzle de Pon! R (Visco/licensed)
  • Tecmo World Soccer '96 (Koei Tecmo)
  • Super Dodge Ball (Arc System Works)
  • Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer (Arc System Works)
  • Windjammers (Paon)
And those they don't yet and probably won't/can't:
  • Eightman (SNK/licensed)
  • Fight Fever (whoever owns Viccom's IP)
  • Legend of Success Joe (SNK/licensed)
  • Matrimelee (Sega)
  • Nightmare in the Dark (whoever owns Gavaking's IP)
  • Rage of the Dragons (SNK/possible infringement issues)
  • SNK Vs. Capcom SVC Chaos (SNK/licensed)
  • Viewpoint (Sega)
Thanks.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Was there ever a Pang! game released on Neo-Geo hardware? I had a feeling there was, but maybe I'm wrong.

I do NOT like the look of the new one that's just been released on the eShop.