• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zonar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona, USA
By Buxtoc

A place to discuss current and upcoming ACA Neo Geo titles. Current and unreleased but announced games as of 5 Nov 2017 listed below.

Aero Fighters 2
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
A quirky vertical scrolling shump starring a dolphin.

Alpha Mission 2
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
SNK developed vertical scrolling shump.

Art of Fighting
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
A story driven fighting game created by SNK which serves as a prequel to Fatal Fury.

Art of Fighting 2
PS4/XB1/PC
The second game in the Art of Fighting franchise and one the most difficult fighting games on the system.

Art of Fighting 3
Switch
A beautifully animated combo heavy fighting game. Looks and feels very different to its predecessors.

Blazing Star
Switch
One of the most beloved shumps on the Neo-Geo.

Blue's Journey
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
A side scrolling platform game in which you stun and throw enemies as projectiles.

Burning Fight
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
A side scrolling beat-em-up released in 1991 as competition to Double Dragon.

Fatal Fury
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
SNK's very first fighting game and Street Fighter 2 challenger.

Fatal Fury 2
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
The second game in the Fatal Fury franchise and the first that allows the player to switch lanes at will

Fatal Fury 3
PS4/XB1/PC
The final game in the Fatal Fury series before it went on to become Real Bout and the only game to feature a 3-lane fighting system.

Fatal Fury Special
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
An enhanced version of Fatal Fury 2 featuring playable boss characters. Considered the best game outside the Real Bout sub-series.

Fighter's History Dynamite
Switch
The second game in the Data East fighting game series but first on the Neo-Geo.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Switch
Considered as the eighth and final instalment of the Fatal Fury series but features a new set of characters and removes the multi-lane system. Considered by many to be the best fighting game released by SNK.

Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
The first Sunsoft developed fighting game released on the Neo-Geo and up there with Art of Fighting 2 as one of the most difficult on the system.

King of Fighters 94
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
The first game in SNK's Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting crossover fighting franchise.

King of Fighters 95
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
The second game in the series and the first to allow custom teams.

King of Fighters 96
PS4/XB1/PC
The third game in SNK's long running King of Fighters series.

King of Fighters 97
PS4/XB1/PC
The fourth game in the series and the first to introduce a fighting style option where the player can chose between modes that allow super special moves or increased attack and defence abilities after a meter charge.

King of Fighters 98
Switch
The fifth game in the series, featuring a huge roster of characters and considered by many as the best game in the franchise.

King of Fighters 99
Switch
The sixth game in the series and the first to include the 'Striker' system where the player can call upon a secondary character to perform a special attack. Also the game which hosts the infamous rainy park stage.

King of Fighters 2000
Switch
The seventh game in the series which features a more refined version on the 'Striker' system. This was the final game developed by SNK before they went bankrupt.

King of the Monsters
PS4/XB1/PC
A wrestling game featuring massive city destroying monsters.

The Last Blade
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
A weapon based fighting game with beautiful animation and backgrounds. Some people would rate this as a better fighting game than Garou.

Last Resort
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
An R-Type inspired vertical scrolling shump.

Magician Lord
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
A side scrolling action platformer.

Magical Drop 2
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
An arcade puzzle game similar to Bust-a-Move. The first Data East title released by Hamster.

Metal Slug
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
The first game in the beloved run-and-gun franchise. A much shorter game than its successors.

Metal Slug 2
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
The second game in the series which suffers from severe slowdown that has been perfectly emulated by Hamster. One for the collectors only.

Metal Slug 3
Switch
Often touted as the best game in the series. Features branching paths and a very very long final level.

Metal Slug X
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
A re-released (although slightly remixed) version of Metal Slug 2 with the slowdown fixed.

Mutation Nation
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
A side scrolling beat-em-up that screams 1990.

Nam-1975
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
Kind of like a third person light-gun game but without the gun. Controversial in its time for its cover art which featured naked thighs and cleavage.

Neo Turf Masters
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
An arcade golf game developed by the same people who made Metal Slug.

Over Top
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
An isometric driving game and one of the few racers on the Neo-Geo.

Pulstar
PS4/XB1/PC
A horizontal shump which is the prequel to Blazing Star and the spiritual successor to R-Type.

Puzzled
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
A puzzle game heavily inspired by Tetris.

Real Bout Fatal Fury
PS4/XB1/PC
The fifth game in the Fatal Fury franchise and the first in the Real Bout sub-series. Retains the 3-lane system from Fatal Fury 3 and introduces a power gauge system that enables counter attacks and super special moves.

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
PS4/XB1/PC
The second game in the Real Bout sub-series and considered by most to be the best. Returns to the 2-plane system introduced in Fatal Fury 2.

Robo Army
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
A side scrolling beat-em-up in which the player can transform into a futuristic car and run down enemies.

Samurai Shodown
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
The first instalment of the famous weapon based fighting game.

Samurai Shodown 2
PS4/XB1/PC
The second game in the series which many would rate as the best. Rewards a much more patient and tactical approach to attack.

Samurai Shodown 4
Switch
The fourth game in the series which again many would rate as the best. Much more combo heavy than previous instalments in the series.

Sengoku
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
An absolutely bonkers side scrolling weapon based beat-em-up.

Sengoku 2
PS4/XB1/PC
The second game in the trilogy. Argued by many to be the best game in the series.

Shock Troopers
Switch
Vertical run-and-gun that allows the player to select a team of playable characters with unique weapons who can be switched between on the fly.

Switch
The second game in the series which removes the team mode and introduces vehicles.

Soccer Brawl
Switch
A rough and tumble 5-on-5 futuristic soccer game.

Spinmaster
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
Action Platform game featuring a yo-yo wielding hero. The first game released by Data East on the Neo-Geo.

Street Hoop
Switch
A 3-on-3 arcade basketball game inspired by NBA Jam.

Super Baseball 2020
PS4/XB1/PC
A futuristic baseball game that follows the basic rules of the game but is played by robots.

Super Sidekicks
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
The first game in the Super Sidekicks soccer series.

Top Hunter: Roddy and Cathy
Switch
Action platformer that allows the players to pick the order of the stages played and includes special moves that are executed as they would be in a fighting game.

Waku Waku 7
Switch
An over the top colourful fighting game. The second fighting game on the Neo-Geo released by Sunsoft.

World Heroes
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
A fighting game which features a Death Match mode with environmental hazards.

World Heroes 2
PS4/XB1/PC
The second game in the series which adds a seesaw life bar mechanic to the Death Match mode.

World Heroes Perfect
Switch
The fourth game in series which excludes the Death Match mode.

Zed Blade
Switch/PS4/XB1/PC
A fast paced side scrolling shump.

mao2

Oct 28, 2017
ceAtzVA.jpg

Street Hoop, Fighter's History Dynamite, Soccer Brawl, Top Hunter: Roddy and Cathy are coming to PS4 and XBO too. Also World Heroes 2 Jet was announced for PS4 and XBO (NSW is getting the original World Heroes instead).
https://twitter.com/naetoru60/status/923547521271586816

BTW when did Hamster release ACA Neo Geo titles on PC?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

oldmangamer

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks for the list and the OT! Shock Troopers 2nd the title is missing just so you know. I am probably the only person alive looking forward to Fighters History Dynamite! I bought the $200 cart back in the day.

buxtoc

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Thanks for the list and the OT! Shock Troopers 2nd the title is missing just so you know. I am probably the only person alive looking forward to Fighters History Dynamite! I bought the $200 cart back in the day.

I'm very much a casual player, but I love a good fighting game. (I'm glad that ACA Neo-Geo became a thing before I plonked down the cash on a consolized MVS and fell down the cart collecting hole!) Is there anything special about Fighters History Dynamite?

oldmangamer

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm very much a casual player, but I love a good fighting game. (I'm glad that ACA Neo-Geo became a thing before I plonked down the cash on a consolized MVS and fell down the cart collecting hole!) Is there anything special about Fighters History Dynamite?

In all honestly, probably not. The original Fighters History was huge in my local arcade and when a sequel came along I jumped on it since the arcade didn't get it. I mean it plays well and looks decent but it's no Garou or anything. Still, mad excited! Memories FTW!