• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Previous thread:

EDIT: Emily clarifies.

This will be the only post I'll make in this thread.

In 2017-2018, Nintendo gave Retro Studios the greenlight to remaster/remake the entire trilogy. They wanted to develop and release Prime 1 first. Then, they would use Prime 1's engine/tools/assets to remaster Prime 2 and 3 later. I repeat, the OLD plan was Prime 1 would be developed/released first, and then Prime 2-3 would be developed/released later.

But that was the OLD plan before Retro Studios took over Metroid Prime 4... before the Covid-19 pandemic....before one of their big projects got canned in 2018. I don't know if that's still the plan after Retro took over Prime 4. There's a strong chance that Covid may have changed development plans.

What I do know is:
  • Metroid Prime 1 entered QA/Testing this past summer.
  • Retro Studios was the main developer.
  • In 2019, Nintendo was actively looking for an external studio to provide additional support/assistance to Retro Studios with the Prime remaster.

Could builds of Prime 2 HD and Prime 3 HD be floating around somewhere at Nintendo? Yes, it's very, very possible. I don't know every single project or product that Nintendo is working on.

But I only have strong evidence of Metroid Prime 1 Remaster's existence.

Last edited:

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
And according to me I'll just wait for stuff to be officially announced when it comes to Metroid.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
seems pretty silly to remake metroid prime 1 when the metroid prime trilogy collection is already done and awaiting release

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Time for my new copium injection!

simpsons-hook-it-to-my-veins.gif

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly would have preferred an HD port of the Trilogy since I barely played any Prime game, jumping from 1 to 4 just doesn't feel right.
My Wii U is still hooked to my TV, so maybe I'll check if I can find a copy of the trilogy.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Been hearing rumors about this for years now, this is probably the most solid thing about it that's come out though.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I don't believe Nintendo is going to release another Metroid game so soon after Dread. Don't buy it for a second.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
www.nsidr.com

True to Their Name, Retro Studios Developing Metroid Prime Again

"After striking out boldly with a fresh, new look at Donkey Kong last year, we felt like we really wanted to get back to our roots," said Retro Studios president Michael Kelbaugh, at an investors' meeting this week. "And for us that can literally mean only one thing: a game we're calling Metroid...

Ahead of our time with this one.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
reset-the-clock-pacific-rim.gif

I'll believe it when I see it, but I want to believe...

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
metroid prime has some amazing atmosphere and music. if they include joycon motion controls i'll give a big visual upgrade on an hd tv a shot.
Pretty much. I've never wanted to like a game more than Prime but it was just so boring to play. Everything else seemed like it made for a special game. Hopefully motion controls help, but if the original rumor about the gameplay being almost unchanged is true, I'm not too confident I'll like this.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
seems pretty silly to remake metroid prime 1 when the metroid prime trilogy collection is already done and awaiting release

It's not hard to imagine the delay to Prime 4 plus the pandemic led to them upgrading the project to a more robust remake for each title. I think if Namco had made Prime 4 on schedule, we would have got Prime Trilogy HD years ago.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Pretty much. I've never wanted to like a game more than Prime but it was just so boring to play. Everything else seemed like it made for a special game. Hopefully motion controls help, but if the original rumor about the gameplay being almost unchanged is true, I'm not too confident I'll like this.

sadly agreed. movement never felt fun in prime, outside of the morph ball.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Since we're doing movie comparisons

Fusion: A New Hope (kinda good but kinda boring)

Prime 1: The Empire Strikes Back (GOAT)

Prime 2: Return of the Jedi (pretty good)

Prime 3: The Force Awakens (alright)

Dread: The Last Jedi (the second best in the list)

Other M: either Attack of the Clones of The Rise of Skywalker (self-explanatory)

Federation Force: the podracing from episode 1 (not what I wanted but it does what it does)

Oct 25, 2017
It's not hard to imagine the delay to Prime 4 plus the pandemic led to them upgrading the project to a more robust remake for each title. I think if Namco had made Prime 4 on schedule, we would have got Prime Trilogy HD years ago.
None of that makes sense from a project development standpoint. Especially since Dread was in development for 4 years.

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're doing movie comparisons

Fusion: A New Hope (kinda good but kinda boring)

Prime 1: The Empire Strikes Back (GOAT)

Prime 2: Return of the Jedi (pretty good)

Prime 3: The Force Awakens (alright)

Dread: The Last Jedi (the second best in the list)

Other M: either Attack of the Clones of The Rise of Skywalker (self-explanatory)

Federation Force: the podracing from episode 1 (not what I wanted but it does what it does)
You really forced that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Games don't just magically wrap up development before they're even announced. Why do insiders keep saying this shit?

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Prime 2 being compared to Temple of Doom is some fighting words. It's the best one of the three.

Also, I'll believe it when I see it.