• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
they said it was an in-engine demonstration right? so yeah that would be real time.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And it looks better than any other next-gen footage we've seen thus far. Super exciting times ahead!

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Probably but you don't play on that camera or like that. It is more like a real time cinematic. Really good one but not gameplay.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Key caveat.

The footage released was 24 fps.

That said, I still believe it's going to be close to representative of the final product.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
They only mentioned that the character was rendered in real time in that footage. That means the assets at least were real time, which most suspected. Whether the trailer it self was rendered in real time or offline using in game assets which is still typical in cutscenes is another matter.

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like a such fanboy when I say that it's the only game that has looked next gen to me up until this point...well Flight Simulator is Witchcraft too.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Dunno why people doubted this. The question I've been asking is whether or not they can carry this quality into real-time gameplay at a decent framerate.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good you won't get dogpilled for mentioning it in the same breath as the Horizon II real time cutscenes now.

Oct 25, 2017
They did say it was an ingame cinematic right? So yeah that makes sense.

Watched that Digital Foundry video recently think it was a little more vague, "in-engine".

Don't think it's fair to label anyone who didn't believe it was real time before it was confirmed to be a troll. Digital Foundry wasn't sure either. The trailer looked that good.

Unless they were saying it was CG then yeah sure.

Last edited:

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
The best looking next-gen game I've seen thus far. Can't wait to see more of it on the 23rd.

klauskpm

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Oh, Sony. Come on! You didn't pay Epic™ enough to only talk good things about PlayStation5™.

On a serious note. Yeah. It looks amazing and as others said, I believe it was confirmed before. This and Horizon looked so good I thought I was looking at a CGI at first. Thankfully we will see gameplay from both soon.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno why people doubted this. The question I've been asking is whether or not they can carry this quality into real-time gameplay at a decent framerate.

Yep.

Game looked great. But people just want to see it looking this good in gameplay.

I think they'll get close, but not quite there. But we'll see. Hopefully we see it at the coming show.

Hellblade 2 was running UE4, right?

It was running on UE4, but I believe they plan to transition to UE5 whenever they can.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox secret sauce

I was positive it was real time, especially when we saw Epic's own UE5 demo of what they could do on Series X/PS5. Whether or not they can keep this level of quality to the final game is another thing.