Who would you be least angry about buying WB Games?

• Microsoft

Votes: 1,992 67.0%
  • Activision

Votes: 149 5.0%
  • EA

Votes: 137 4.6%
  • Take-two

Votes: 693 23.3%

• Total voters

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, absolutely all of those potential buyouts would be terrible. Hopefully none of them happen.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Considering those are some big name players, I guess it makes sense... who else has the capital to buy these developers as a group?

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
none of those would be good, but Microsoft would definitely be the best outcome

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
They're all pretty terrible options, but Microsoft is certainly the most "interesting" scenario. Would be a pretty massive boost to Xbox Game Studios, even without the licenses.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Please Microsoft is the best fit out of these 4, especially NOT EA OR ACTIVSION PLEASE

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Is it clear exactly what buying WB Games entails? Would they also gain licence rights for stuff like Batman, HP, and MK? What about stuff currently in the pipeline, like Rocksteady's Suicide Squad game?

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Not really loving any of this....but kinda hoping for MS on this one. At least I'd get to play on PC, ( I guess this applies to the others too - but perhaps MS would be less bad about MTX.)

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft is better than others, but I want to experience Batman, MK and... on PS5 too. :|

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Unless one publisher is interested in everything (which is a lot like 10+ studios) I don't see them selling the whole unit for a fixed price but rather sell every studio indipendently

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Is it clear exactly what buying WB Games entails? Would they also gain licence rights for stuff like Batman, HP, and MK? What about stuff currently in the pipeline, like Rocksteady's Suicide Squad game?
It's unknown, although the original asking price we heard about would indicate that it includes some kind of licensing deal.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
It isn't clear. I have a feeling those IPs will stay with Warner Brothers and they would license out to third parties, rather than having their own development studio. I could maybe see MK going, but none of the DC or HP stuff.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Go Microsoft 'cause Phil's our guy, if he can't do it no one (else) buy!

But not really because I don't really care all that much particularly when it comes to WB. They suck.