• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
FYI I don't know if it's an accident but codes are currently not needed to open accounts

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed this too. Is this intentional? The only thing needed is a CAPTCHA verification code.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
Also if you get in i recommend setting up the two step authentication on your settings. Welcome to resetera everyone!

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
open registration with free email for awhile. Switching to paid email sometime later tonight.

That was announced in discord so I guess its true.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you guys, we have try hard to not get trolled and owned once the flamers show up. ok? just ignore them.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I thought I was going to be put on a queue to join the forum with the sign up option, fix it mods (and then put me on a queue pls)

Damien469

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
Thank goodness!! I'm just glad the site is open and active now anyways. Trolls suck, and we'll get rid of them every time they post anyways.
Nice to see y'all again

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
JFC, with as large of a target as this place has on its back? Oh man, I hope the powers that be have some sort of plan in place to deal with the very obvious problems this would cause...

negreenfield

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I had to use gmail, the comcast address didn't work which seems backwards but hey I'm here now so it's cool.

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
I just don't know why there was so much secrecy, and checking on members and verifying them, when you could just sign up with a freemail anyway, at least today. If I'm not mistaken, someone with malicious intentions could create dozens of burner accounts via gmail and haunt the forum for years

Oct 25, 2017
Open registrations with free emails
This was a very bad move

Seems like an odd choice.

Oh, so this is not an bug/mistake? I'm very happy to be here but this really doesn't sound like that great of an idea...

I just don't know why there was so much secrecy, and checking on members and verifying them, when you could just sign up with a freemail anyway, at least today. If I'm not mistaken, someone with malicious intentions could create dozens of burner accounts via emails and haunt the forum for years

This is insanity.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Not sure it's smart to allow trolls to get their alts in. I hope the mod team is prepared.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Thank you, now I'm in. I shouldn't be complaining. But isn't this like opening the floodgate? I thought you guys doing it in wave.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
I think at this point it's better to have it open, and allow anyone from GAF to migrate. I was going to hold out over there, but then I started noticing that this place already has better threads than GAF has had in the past two days. People like Durante, and Robin64 and my camera GAF bros jumped so I started getting really nervous. I sure hope they revenue starts coming in to keep this place running.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
You guys were at least smart enough to keep juniors as a thing if you opened the floodgates to free email accounts, right?

... Right? D:

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
"SweetNicole-Today at 3:36 AM
@everyone We are shutting down registrations for the time being. We will have more news about registrations in the near future."

Oct 25, 2017
I get why this is a thing, but I can't help but be anxious. Too much of an opportunity for imposters to sneak in.

EDIT: ah, there we go

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The thing I was surprised by that I was already made a member, I would've thought they would've forced the general registrations to be juniors right away.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems Junior member system is not online right now? Everyone is already an member.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
Hey everyone! Nice to be back... I guess? I dunno. Exciting to be a part of something new and get in at the start, actually feel like a part of things. I mostly lurked on GAF the last four years, posted occasionally. Spent the last few days over on the OpenCritic Forums which are pretty nice, might end up bouncing between here and there for the time being.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so this is not an bug/mistake? I'm very happy to be here but this really doesn't sound like that great of an idea...
I'm wondering this too. I missed the initial wave and I'm not on Discord (should probably get on that though since it seems everything is heading there or there already), so I'm happy to be here now but no registration wait time? No Junior status?? I have a bad feeling about this....

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like this makes this whole waves with codes, vetting, etc, pointless, but oh well, hope it doesn't end up in too much chaos!

Status
Not open for further replies.