• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Masakazu Sugimori composed the first Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick. June 19th was the 10th anniversary of the game. It is known for its great critical and fan reception, often being claimed as one of the best game of the Nintendo DS. This game was directed by Shu Takumi, who created Ace Attorney.

Link to Petition:

www.change.org

あなたの声がチカラになります

【〆切ました!】「ゴーストトリック/GHOST TRICK」iOS版最新OS対応と他ハードへの移植を!

English translation of petition:

The game "Ghost Trick" recently celebrated its 10th anniversary on June 19, 2020.

Ghost Trick is a "touchable mystery game" released in 2010 by Capcom for the Nintendo DS.

Players take on the role of a ghost who has lost his memory, using the "power of the dead" to possess and manipulate objects, "changing" the deaths and fate of various characters. You must unravel the mystery surrounding the city while you look for your memories.

This game has captivated many people with its innovative game system, attractive characters, visuals, and a capturing story that hooks the player.
In particular, the visual game-system received the Jury's Recommendation Award in the Entertainment Division of the 2010 Japan Media Arts Festival for its innovative approach to mystery games.

Ten years after its release, Ghost Trick is still loved by many people. Many people participated in the 10th anniversary project we planned on "GHOST HOLIC!", a fan account that I, Siodamaly started. A lot of people tweeted to congratulate Ghost Trick's 10th anniversary.

A comment I saw a lot during the celebration was that how the fans wanted more people to play Ghost Trick.

The sad reality is, that Ghost Trick wasn't a big hit when it first launched in 2010. But over the past decade, word of mouth has spread.

However, currently, Ghost Trick has becoming harder and harder to play.

Aside from the fact that the DS version of the game is only available second-hand, the iOS version, which is currently available, has stopped supporting the latest operating system after the last update in 2018.
In particular, the iOS version's lack of support for the latest OS is a major problem. Many issues continue to be left unaddressed despite the fact that there have been multiple reports of bugs that interfere with play in the review section.

In addition, even though the android version was available several years ago, but it became unavailable without any official announcements and there is no news after that.

I personally would like to see a change in the situation surrounding Ghost Trick - to be specific, I've been sending comments to Capcom's official inquiry and request form over several years so they would support the latest iOS and to re-release the android version, but as I mentioned above, there has been no change to date.

...To be honest, I have thought of starting a petition many times in the past. However, I haven't been able to do so due to my personal circumstances and my cowardice.

But now that we've just passed the 10th anniversary, I think it's the perfect time for us to speak up.

The reason why a lonely, timid fan like me decided to step up was all the voices of the players who have come together for the 10th anniversary, telling me that they love Ghost Trick and that they enjoyed playing it.

Thank you very, very much.

Please join in with us.

So more people to enjoy that one-night mystery.

So that we can once again enjoy the adventures of that one night with a fresh mindset.

I request to Capcom that they support the latest iOS for the app and to port the game for other gaming devices.

If you don't feel comfortable signing the petition, you can also send a similar request via the official Capcom form.

We just need a lot of help with getting our "Fate Changed".

Thank you very much for your support.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
One of the greatest games ever made. Criminally overlooked imo. Would work pretty well on the switch I'd think. ( "perfect for switch"???)

would also fit capcoms love of porting really old games to the switch, so everybody wins!

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the best games of the last decade!

A Switch re-release would be very much welcome, and a great opportunity for more people to experience this masterful puzzly storytelling experience.

I hope this comes to fruition.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeeeeeeessss.

I need this game to get a second chance with audiences. I need my boi Missile back in my life

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I always kick myself for not picking it up when I had the chance so I'd definitely love to see it re-released.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Replayed it last year and it was just as good as the first time I played it. It certainly deserves a new chance on modern platforms, not only Switch, though I'd definitely get it on Switch if it was re-released, like I did with the AA Trilogy.

Apr 9, 2018
Hmm I just launched it on iOS 14b1 it seems to work fine? It's great on iOS, would highly recommend playing on an iPad curled up on the couch!

I'm a fan obviously, getting it to more people would be great, so port it, port all the games!!

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played and beat it on an emulator years ago. All I remember is I enjoyed it. LOL

I would buy it and replay it on modern platforms, specifically Xbox, if it was ever ported there.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Would there be any way to play without using the touch screen if it were ported to Switch?

Never played it so I'm not sure how the gameplay works, but I've always wanted to play it.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! And please localize Ace Attorney Investigations 2 while they're at it!

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
The fact this isn't even at 800 signatures yet just shows how sad and criminally underrated this game truly is.

One of the best short stories with some really fun gameplay and fantastic music.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would there be any way to play without using the touch screen if it were ported to Switch?

Never played it so I'm not sure how the gameplay works, but I've always wanted to play it.
Yes, I played it on an emulator on PC and using the mouse was easy. I'd imagine they would simply have you control a cursor with the controller if it was ported to console.

It's not impossible, but it would definitely be a lot more cumbersome than using a touchscreen. Even gyro doesn't strike me as a great replacement since the gameplay is all about tracing lines between objects to initiate the Rube Goldberg-esque puzzles. A port for PC would pretty great, though.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who loved this game when it came out and is currently watching a lets play of this game, I would double dip in a heartbeat if there was a modern console port.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
PLEASE EVERYONE SIGN THIS.

I try not to over-sell things, but this is arguably one of Capcom's best titles; it would be nothing short of a travesty if it got forgotten on the DS.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Man do I love this game. I first played it in 2014 or so and it quickly shot up the ranks to become one of my all-time faves. The story is unlike any I've ever seen in games and in some ways even outside of gaming. The characters are so endearing, especially Missile. The animations and music are sublime. I love the gameplay, too, it's a great balance of interactivity with story. I hope it comes to modern systems so more people can get to play it.

12-ornamentbark.gif

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
umm yes please

I had a lot of fun with it on the ds. I think it was a failure sales wise, so this may never happen. Would love if it did though and would give me an excuse to replay it

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't really mention the Switch anywhere as far as I can tell, so they should probably also put it on PC once and for all so they don't have to chase the latest mobile update/console for the game to be playable every couple of years.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
If there is a re-release, please release it in English on Android.

It baffles me that Capcom releases games like Ghost Trick or Ace Attorney on iOS just fine, but Android releases are Japan only. The code is there, the translation is there. Just...why?

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would totally replay Ghost Trick on Switch but I don't know how easy it would be to make it widescreen because of the pixel art?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'd love to replay the game. it's one of my favorite games of all time.

btw sugimori's soundtrack for murder by numbers is excellent.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017

It's not impossible, but it would definitely be a lot more cumbersome than using a touchscreen. Even gyro doesn't strike me as a great replacement since the gameplay is all about tracing lines between objects to initiate the Rube Goldberg-esque puzzles. A port for PC would pretty great, though.
The original DS version played fine with D-pad and buttons, that's how I preferred to play it. As you extend and rotate the line it'll snap onto the highlighted objects you can interact with. It'd play even better with an analog stick I can imagine.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Great game, but not sure I'd want to replay it.
But it deserves to be released on new platforms for new players to try it, at least.

bad_carbs

Oct 25, 2017
Dude I would get this again in a heartbeat. I feel like this is one of those great games nobody played. It has a killer soundtrack; very memorable. Definitely deserves a port...heck even a remake

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Dude I would get this again in a heartbeat. I feel like this is one of those great games nobody played. It has a killer soundtrack; very memorable. Definitely deserves a port...heck even a remake

Such a great soundtrack indeed. This song in particular is one of my favorites:

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Signed. It's really amazing(and sad) to think that in the decade since this game released, only 1 of Shu Takumi's games has released outside of Japan.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Come on Capcom, you want to prove to me that you're back; re-release Ghost Trick on the Switch please. I'm 100% there if you are.

The original DS version played fine with D-pad and buttons, that's how I preferred to play it. As you extend and rotate the line it'll snap onto the highlighted objects you can interact with. It'd play even better with an analog stick I can imagine.
I made that comment only because I found d-pad cumbersome myself. I don't think it's anything that makes the game unplayable, especially since it's not exactly a twitchy game to begin with, but I prefer the smoothness of touchscreen interaction over snapping.