• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Original source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs/stage/index.html#Gyakuten
Translation: http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32908
Via: https://twitter.com/CourtRecords_/status/1037693592414965760

Capcom have announced an Ace Attorney panel for this year's Tokyo Game Show. The panel will be held on the 22nd of September from 16.00 JST (3.00 EDT, 00.00 PDT, and 8.00 BST) will last for approximately 40 minutes. Ace Attorney series producer Motohide Eshiro and game designer Shinsuke Kodama will be in attendance.

The panel has been described as 'unmissable for Ace Attorney fans' so hopefully there'll be some interesting news to come out of it

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I think Nintendo had some announcements (Like the collections) in the Direct.
Capcom will probably announce AA7 at TGS.

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably a new game (and possibly ports to the Switch). They'll also like run some anime promotional stuff there as well. Which also makes sense, given the anime starts next month.

Django.Mango

Jan 31, 2018
Very interesting, didnt really expect this tbh. Hopefully its not only mobile.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like a collection of the previous games, a localization for the second Edgeworth game (i'll die on this hill) and a new game. Just as Ace Attorney deserves.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Finally!! I'm really looking forward for it, it's time for Switch Ace Attorney game!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Give me that soft reboot, no half measures like AA4 this time.
Placate the ones who wish to halt progress with another compilation.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
No doubt they'll do a lot of talking on the anime (debut the new theme song and opening?) but hyped beyond belief for a new game!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be really interesting. I don't think they can keep treading water with the formula if they're gonna be a $60 game now.
Come on Multi-Plat announcement so the series can be at max potential in the West.
And yeah, would make sense now that touch controls aren't what it's built around.

That said, inb4 it's a 3DS game that changes nothing.
Multi plat? For PS4 and PC?
Everything, since they no longer have to build an appreciably different game for the hardware.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's very likely that the next project in the Ace Attorney franchise will be announced there.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I am on pins and needles for what to expect. One of my favorite series that really needs to be handled a lot better.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"We are retconning Apollo out of existence".

Come on. Do it.
I'd rather they retcon every game after Apollo Justice, which was easily one of the best games in the series and a rather sober deconstruction of the series as a commentary on the Japanese legal system and the naivety that "conclusive evidence" will always appear when you need it because you're on the side of truth and justice. Japan didn't reintroduce a form of trial by jury until two years after the game was released. It was an extremely relevant game from a political perspective that had something meaningful to say.

Also, Punished "I can still feel it itching, like a phantom limb" Wright was the best. It's a pity the recent games have largely rolled back his character development or at least kinda sidestepped it.
phoenix_wright_en_apokdcul.png

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cautiously optimistic...

Switch release, pretty please...

I mean, the AA Collection (AA 1, 2 and 3 IIRC) was confirmed for Switch a while ago. No need to be optimistic about that :). You'd be forgiven for not knowing though, as the announcement was fairly stealthy, and there hasn't been any update since.

The main question is: is the Switch getting anything on top of AA 1, 2 and 3? It's a given that the series's home will be the Switch, but it's anybody's guess what's next.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Spirit of Justice but they need to do something different with the gameplay at this point.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the AA Collection (AA 1, 2 and 3 IIRC) was confirmed for Switch a while ago. No need to be optimistic about that :). You'd be forgiven for not knowing though, as the announcement was fairly stealthy, and there hasn't been any update since.

The main question is: is the Switch getting anything on top of AA 1, 2 and 3? It's a given that the series's home will be the Switch, but it's anybody's guess what's next.
Wait what when was that announced, where

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No Ace Attorney Collection has ever been announced for Switch.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
There you go, the two collections (1-3 and 4-6) Kotaku reported earlier this year, and the new episode for Switch and mobile.
Can't wait.
Kotaku said both collections would release this year, and 7 would release in 2019.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see what new Japanese festivals and traditions there are to celebrate in the United States of America.

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
I can see this jumping to PC next to IOS and Switch. But a PS4 bound Ace Attorney seems out of the question honestly. I just don't see that audience being very receptive to AA.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd imagine that the Direct (whenever it eventually goes live) will reveal the collections, while Capcom will reveal AA7 themselves.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
There you go, the two collections (1-3 and 4-6) Kotaku reported earlier this year, and the new episode for Switch and mobile.
Can't wait.
Kotaku said both collections would release this year, and 7 would release in 2019.
Kotaku said "late 2018 simultaneous global release on Switch and mobile" for AA7. To be honest, it always sounded unrealistic.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
AA6 was the shot in the arm this franchise needed after AA5 and PLvsAA were varying degrees of monumental letdowns. Now that they don't have a preceding storyline to weigh them down, I hope AA7 can wipe the slate clean and go in deep.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
I pray for AA7 with Shu Takumi in the writer and director's seat. He's done with Dai Gyakuten Saiban for now, I'd assume?

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I liked Spirit of Justice but they need to do something different with the gameplay at this point.
The two Miles Edgeworth games are quite different to the main Phoenix Wright titles. It's not like Capcom don't know how to mix it up -- it's just that they've treated the mainline series fairly conservatively. One could argue that there are a lot of fans who don't want the main series to change all that much.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nn.. i am ready for "another cooperation with layton" and anime series continuation.

If there is anything on switch... I dont want to grease the screen with my fingerprints to reveal...fingerprints