• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

P-Switch

Alt Account
Jul 15, 2018
I was excited but...those screens in the OP - that art style looks awful blown up like that :/

While it's great it's available on every platform now...I'm pretty sure it's switch sales will blow all else out of the water.

Not just because the games are most complimentary to Switch exclusives as a platform choice, but because the handheld option will probably be the most ideal to play this.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
While it's great it's available on every platform now...I'm pretty sure it's switch sales will blow all else out of the water.

Not just because the games are most complimentary to Switch exclusives as a platform choice, but because the handheld option will probably be the most ideal to play this.
Not for me. Joycons on both hands is the correct way to play a Switch game.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I have read that it is confirmed that Capcom will not use the existing translations and that it will arrive only in English and Japanese. A shame that the versions of DS are still the best in Europe.

You can not seek to expand your audience in games that are almost all text and be so cheap in something like that, Capcom.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I have read that it is confirmed that Capcom will not use the existing translations and that it will arrive only in English and Japanese. A shame that the versions of DS are still the best in Europe.

You can not seek to expand your audience in games that are almost all text and be so cheap in something like that, Capcom.

I mean they're being cheap with the art, so not surprising they won't pay for nintendos translations.

DS versions are still the best worldwide. Wish capcom would take a page out of Taito's book Look at the Ninja Warrior Returns remaster:

Taito care, Capcom don't

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it weird that I find the 3DS screenshots more visually appealing than the HD ones?

The HD version looks like a flash game.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
Bad. The game will only be in english and japanese, while translations into spanish, french, german ... will remain unused.

They already did the same on 3DS for refusing to pay Nintendo
bad. iirc nintendo published in europe and paid for extra language translations. capcom will not be making anything other then english & japanese available for this port.

ah yeah. sucks for people people who prefer their native language :/

i didn't realize multi-language support was so expensive that it'd be cheaper to go with two new translations rather than sticking with the old.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
PS4? Finally!!! I already played the first and half of the second (and the 3DS chapters)... Sure I will buy it now to play it in Remote on my VITA! <3
Only downside is they won't keep the translations...

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope you can adjust the speed of the cursor in investigation segment. The gameplay they showed off looked kinda slow in the forensics bit.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
I'll buy it if they stop being stupid about not using the spanish localization used on the original 3.

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
I dont play games on my phone. Not a mobile person
Honestly, you prob dodged the bullet there considering out of all the mobile AA ports, the mobile version of AA Trilogy was actually horrible. They wised up after that I heard though.

I wonder what the trophy/achievement list will look like. Should be an easy platinum.
One I could remember was that the mobile version had an achievement where you read all the step-ladder vs ladder conversations throughout the 3 games

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I'd make an achievement for showing your attorney's badge to every single character you meet in the investigations part through all three games.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo should strike a deal with Capcom to make EFIGS translations a Switch exclusive feature.

I'm slightly surprised Nintendo didn't just let Capcom use them in general though. They're usually pretty lenient with this stuff (see: Bayonetta 1 PC JP voice track), but maybe things with Capcom are more strained than with Sega or other partners they've let reuse content they funded on other platforms (Koei Tecmo, Warner Bros, Square Enix, Level 5, etc).

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo should strike a deal with Capcom to make EFIGS translations a Switch exclusive feature.

I'm slightly surprised Nintendo didn't just let Capcom use them in general though. They're usually pretty lenient with this stuff (see: Bayonetta 1 PC JP voice track), but maybe things with Capcom are more strained than with Sega or other partners they've let reuse content they funded on other platforms (Koei Tecmo, Warner Bros, Square Enix, Level 5, etc).
sounds like the issue is with Capcom, not Nintendo.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Capcom has always been about minimum-effort rereleases in most cases. The REmakes are truly something of an outlier.

I mean they're being cheap with the art, so not surprising they won't pay for nintendos translations.

DS versions are still the best worldwide. Wish capcom would take a page out of Taito's book Look at the Ninja Warrior Returns remaster:

Taito care, Capcom don't

ah yeah. sucks for people people who prefer their native language :/

i didn't realize multi-language support was so expensive that it'd be cheaper to go with two new translations rather than sticking with the old.
On the other hand... Miles Edgeworth in french is called Benjamin Hunter....
It may be better to leave this buried.

I'm kidding, it sucks for people who can't play in english, and apart from that, I loved the french translation at the time, they perfectly adapted with french references. I remember a loooot of typos but I didn't mind cuz it seemed like the translators cared and had a lot of fun with it.
Still. Benjamin Hunter :/
Why change an english name for the french version by replacing it with... another english name
lhCfQCd.gif

Last edited: