• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Original, rougher sprites are still better than this and always will be, but these ports are great. If nothing else that they're almost guaranteed localizations, and will popularize the series in the West, at least slightly.
lol i think announcing an X1 version of a japanese game is literally the same as announcing it for the west too :)

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Graphics look a little too clean but I'm in first day on Switch. This will be great for trainrides

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
LAWD GIVE ME STRENGTH
I can't buy this for the 5th time (DS, 3DS, iPhone, Wii).
I totally will.

Retail version please.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Objection over the top, but new HP / attempts bar

Rpyjivr.png

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't really a game that would hugely benefit on Pro right? Probably Switch version for me if so

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the updated graphics look good. Those games really needed to be touched on after all these years.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i'll probably buy them on PS4 if there's a physical release. otherwise i'm good with the 3DS release.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I'm happy for the people playing them ! I just wish they gave an option to play with the original sprites

I spent an ungodly amount of money getting them on DS so I'll just play them on here forever
Ungodly? Did you got them late when it was rare and unavailable? I actually have all the imported versions because they included English (I believe the actual English versions have typos fixed) and because I remember them being cheap, so that's why I never even bothered rebuying the trilogy on 3DS. The DS cards play just fine there.

Checking...

Invoice of 2006:

Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Best Price) / Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All
Compatible with Nintendo DS Japanese, No Region Protection

Yep, it was less than a regular game's price. These were always cheap (at the time).

I guess if you compare these full prices to a trilogy's price it's expensive.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
During investigations the search icon gets a check mark for objects you've examined.

GAME FIXER!

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I do think it's kind of funny Tsujimoto was like "We're totally making Switch games! We have an Ace Attorney coming this year for Switch!" and it's...this.

I mean, I'll buy it, but that must have been a really panicked response.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably will grab on Steam eventually but replayed the first 3 recently enough that they are still too fresh in my memory to snag it on day 1.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
definitely will pick it up on Switch (love this series so much) and may even double dip on PS4 as well just to support it

hopefully they will port the rest later