• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017

---

Just announced on the TGS stream.

Redone 2D graphics, not a full remake. See below, comparing DS/3DS (trailer)/HD:

To piggy back off of this, I've cropped them and sized them to be the same, and added a third comparison.
DnteKQrU0AAbDpv.jpg

DnteNzwV4AE1lJC.jpg

DnteK20UcAMW_Si.jpg

Coming early 2019. No price set yet. Physical in Japan with Collector's Edition, no word yet on physical or digital outside of Japan.

Last edited:

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i always expected a WiiU release back in the day ya know, but this is good too

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
In it for PS4.

I bought a Switch for Nintendo exclusives and TWEWY but I may sell it now because AA was a big factor into getting a Switch and I don't really care about many Nintendo exclusives.

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't expect them to bring the games to PC, but Capcom proved me wrong. Getting the collection for sure.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm happy for the people playing them ! I just wish they gave an option to play with the original sprites

I spent an ungodly amount of money getting them on DS so I'll just play them on here forever

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
amazing, everyone needs to play these games.
so happy the pc/ps/xbox folk get to experience these games finally, the games deserve all the love they get.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a port of the existing mobile versions, which used rather ugly vectors that were created from the original sprites. I was hoping for completely redone art...

/Edit: Actually, I may be wrong. The 2D visuals look a lot better than the iPhone versions. Hmm.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Japanese version will include English. Saves will be separate for Japanese & English.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I'm shocked it took so long to get the series on PC outside of a Flash demo. Great to see it coming to a lot of places.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
It was kind of weird that you can buy the Ace Attorney anime on Steam, but not the games. So good news here.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
So is the art better this time around? Because the mobile versions were pretty awful.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Definitely in for Switch, maybe PS4 trophies as well.

That douchey user that was against the series going multiplatform can suck it.

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yes, I don't think I'll be picking them up again but this is great news for potential new fans. I hope they do another bundle soon for the titles I haven't played

Culgan

Oct 27, 2017
yeahhhh i didn't think i'd ever see these pop up on PS4. It's been long enough since I've played the DS versions that i'd be willing to double dip.

Gotta get me some ace attorney plats

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*realizes this could mean platinum trophies for each game*

..........sure, I'll replay these, despite never getting around to finishing 2 & 3 on 3DS.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ugh i don't want to replay the first three games for the 50th time but now i have too :(

edit: yall better buy these for every platform so we get AAI2 and the DGS games translated too.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Original, rougher sprites are still better than this and always will be, but these ports are great. If nothing else that they're almost guaranteed localizations, and will popularize the series in the West, at least slightly.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
oh my fuck. gotta rebuy everything. this time with trophies. maybe if these do well we can get the untranslated stuff.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Gimme that PC, Day 0. I'm super glad Capcom pulled the trigger and put Ace Attorney out on multiple platforms. This will gauge whether they want to bring other AA games including the side story ones that never got localized.