• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
This definitely isn't going to get an English physical release (especially in PAL regions; we didn't even get physical versions for the Switch Mega Man Collections or Mega Man 11), but i'll still pick it up digitally. This'll be my fourth copy of the original trilogy lol

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
This definitely isn't going to get an English physical release (especially in PAL regions; we didn't even get physical versions for the Switch Mega Man Collections or Mega Man 11), but i'll still pick it up digitally. This'll be my fourth copy of the original trilogy lol

Don't get my hopes up man :(

As far as Switch Mega Man Collections that's half true if you are only referring to the standard physical releases. I bought it for switch and the first part "Collection 1" comes in a case while Collection 2 you have to download. Same goes for Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 and Megaman 11.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Played the originals several times already, so I'm not getting this, but happy to see it continuously getting ported to introduce new people to the franchise.

They should start looking into porting the 3DS ones too.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Ordered and preloaded mine today on PS4.

ngnys.jpg

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Picking up the JP version on Switch, gonna be fun.

I haven't played through the first Ace Attorney fully and the rest are a mystery to me so it's finally time to hop in.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Picking up the JP version on Switch, gonna be fun.

I haven't played through the first Ace Attorney fully and the rest are a mystery to me so it's finally time to hop in.
I really want to pick it but I can't reconcile with the loss of the spritework. The animated artwork has been touched up since the 3DS trilogy version but it still doesn't look as good.

I know I still have my 3DS to play DS carts but I'm still a bit torn on that

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I really want to pick it but I can't reconcile with the loss of the spritework. The animated artwork has been touched up since the 3DS trilogy version but it still doesn't look as good.

I know I still have my 3DS to play DS carts but I'm still a bit torn on that
Would've been nice if they gave us an option to switch between the two kind of like Wonderboy

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Shame that Xbox One is digital only in Japan (understandable though), hopefully they release those collectors edition here in the US.

Namikaze

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty crazy the series is coming to everything now. Think we could see another trilogy for the 3DS games on PS4/Switch/XB/Steam?

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there an English language setting?
Yes.

Went cheap and bought JPN version digitally on Switch. Since it automatically shifted to English like other imports I've bought for Switch, it's the same game everywhere. February and March are just so violent against my wallet. Car registration, car insurance, doing my taxes, and getting my E3 ticket and hotel is too much. I'll wait for NA version for a physical version for my collection.

Last edited:

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Aw, seeing this bumped made me hopeful that we finally had an English release date. Soon, I hope.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Still no NA release date yet? Probably my second most anticipated re-release this year. Number 1 being the port of Resident Evil 4 on Switch. Please Capcom give me one or both on/near my birthday!

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
It's cool to see franchises that have traditionally been exclusive to a platform, even if it's not contractual and just a practical reason for exclusitivity, getting ports and remasters for the other systems. I hope this trend continues, because the more great games a platform has the better for the consumers, the publishers, the developers and the console manufacturers.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Wow I completely forgot this was coming out, I still have the Switch Limited Edition on pre-order at Amazon.jp for 50€, really excited for this one. And with how quick they have been in the past for international shipping, I might actually have this in hand at the end of the week. Awesome!

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
This includes rise from the ashes right? (This is the extra 5th case that was added into the ds remake of the original phoenix wright back in the day). Ideally this wouldn't be a question, but I think one of the rereleases of this previously didn't come with Rise from the ashes, maybe the wii versions? something like that.

Oct 28, 2017
This includes rise from the ashes right? (This is the extra 5th case that was added into the ds remake of the original phoenix wright back in the day). Ideally this wouldn't be a question, but I think one of the rereleases of this previously didn't come with Rise from the ashes, maybe the wii versions? something like that.
WiiWare had it as DLC, but all of the whole-trilogy releases include it, don't worry

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
It was in the latest trailer.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If this sells well, we may see AA: Investigations 1 & 2 (even though 2 never came to the West) or maybe all of the newer ones. Hope it does well.
More like, "If this sells well, we may see the series continue". Things have not been going well for Ace Attorney, sales-wise.

This is the Capcom Test.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I don't know what I expected but that list just seems pointless to me. Like more power to you if this is what finally makes this great series worth playing but yeah I do not get it looking at that list. "Start playing AA Trilogy" is a trophy? Is this a parody?

I don't think it's that serious. Especially when one trophy which spans all three games is for talking about all of the ladders. Some of them are the same as the IOS achievements so it isn't a new thing.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping they have the old spanish translations for Europe.Capcom gave the spanish fans middle finger when 5 and 6 were only in english (while Prof Layton vs Phoenix, and the Phoenix Wright live action movie were completely dubbed in spanish)

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping they have the old spanish translations for Europe.Capcom gave the spanish fans middle finger when 5 and 6 were only in english (while Prof Layton vs Phoenix, and the Phoenix Wright live action movie were completely dubbed in spanish)
The 3DS and Wii collections didn't have the Spanish translation either (or any other European translation), so I would bet it's English only.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I seem to recall reading recently that the games will patch in several European languages to the Japanese version soon after release, so hopefully by the time the games get a Euro release they will be included as standard.

*edit*
This thread here:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ph...an-languages-chinese-korean-via-update.94425/

But Spanish is not mentioned as one of the languages in the patch :(

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty crazy the series is coming to everything now. Think we could see another trilogy for the 3DS games on PS4/Switch/XB/Steam?
Hopefully so. I didn't like AA5 much, but it'd be nice to have it, along with 4 (which I mostly liked) and 6 (haven't played it yet), on more platforms. And hopefully they'll localize Investigations 2 (hell, they could license the excellent fan translation and save all that work) and release it in another collection, together with the first one and localizations of both Great AA titles. And, if I can keep dreaming, they should add Layton vs Phoenix Wright too.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
More like, "If this sells well, we may see the series continue". Things have not been going well for Ace Attorney, sales-wise.

This is the Capcom Test.
They can really only blame themselves for skipping so many releases and doing a digital only western release on a pre-Switch Nintendo platform (the 3DS eShop is absolutely horrible to navigate & use).

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Is the iOS port any good? I'm considering to buy it instead of the ps4 version.

The iOS port of the original trilogy is old by now and it has some issues. It kinda got remastered again with this port, including a much better UI. Graphics are YMMV with the the original releases but it's better than the iOS ports as far as I know.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I've already played them but if that collectors box comes out, this may be the first limited edition I go for.