• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, what gives?

I'm on Japanese PSN Shop right now and there's no option to pre-order or purchase it???

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Outside of Japan yes, but X Collection 2, Okami (and Onimusha) all got physical collections in Japan with full English support. Granted, if you don't want to import, that's not much good, but as a Capcom collector it makes me happy. Just wish MM and Revelations weren't half digital though.

I guess I have higher standards .

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of hoping for an English physical on Switch, otherwise I suppose I might import GS123.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I actually like the new up-ressed graphics. It's not as ideal as a remake, but it's way better than the mobile ports and dare I say, good enough to replace the sprite art at this point.

Now where's 4-6 Capcom?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like the new up-ressed graphics. It's not as ideal as a remake, but it's way better than the mobile ports and dare I say, good enough to replace the sprite art at this point.

Now where's 4-6 Capcom?
Hopefully they will follow in a year or so. I assume this has to sell some copies for them to do the rest of the mainline franchise.We can only hope they do and the potential success of these remasters encourages them to bring AAI 1 & 2 and Dai Gyakuten Saiban to the west as well.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
how much are we thinking the trilogy is gonna cost?
and file size?

Excuse me if this is already known

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Price wise the imports cost me £22 and £25 from Japan (physically) so I can see both costing £20 on release digitally in Europe. As with other recent releases, I doubt a physical UK release will happen (hence why I'm importing).

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
how much are we thinking the trilogy is gonna cost?
and file size?

Excuse me if this is already known
29.99-34.99€/$ is my guess if the Japanese price is anything to go by. 29.99 if it's a fairly direct conversion from the Yen price, 34.99 if they put in a bit of extra/taxes included in some countries.

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Does this have English option if I purchase on the Japanese eshop?

Edit: sorry already answered I see. Sweet gonna download it!

Last edited:

SteezyStan

Banned
Feb 20, 2019
Gimme that physical LE Switch edition here in the US Capcom, I want to give you my monies please...
Hey there - new to ResetEra. Why all the hype for physical copies? I'm genuinely curious and want to know what the draw is. Quit purchasing physical as I've gotten older as it's removed my desire to trade in games I might otherwise want to play again in the future. Thoughts?

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered and preloaded mine today on PS4.

ngnys.jpg

Can you post a pic of the theme you got with it?

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey there - new to ResetEra. Why all the hype for physical copies? I'm genuinely curious and want to know what the draw is. Quit purchasing physical as I've gotten older as it's removed my desire to trade in games I might otherwise want to play again in the future. Thoughts?
Welcome to the site!

One reason is that a physical copy is guaranteed to work in XX years when/if the digital stores go down. Another is not having to cycle games in and out of a memory card and redownload them. Finally, sometimes it's nice to have a physical thing. There's a weird attachment and satisfaction I get from owning a physical object rather than just having bits. It's sort of like a special or collector's edition.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So happy to play this game on a modern handheld. Just a few compilation ports more of Ace Attorneyand 3DS can rest in peace.

Playing it right now, I like the port. First time they've managed to make AA1 not look like an outdated game. It's smooth!

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for the release date.

Next thing I want is Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice. Then followed up by the official localization of DGS1 and 2. Yeah, dream big.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i hope someone does a Switch vs PS4 comparison. i'm leaning towards the PS4 release since i have the 3DS one for portability.

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the JP eShop you can also create a Japanese Paypal account and link your normal CC to that and then buy the code off of Amazon JP. That's how I buy most of my Nintendo games.

Or buy a Amazon JP gift card (third party key site) and get it that way for less than 3000 Yen.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does the JPN eshop block non-JPN cards for payment?
Yep. You need to:

1) transfer money to a japanese 3DS with a shared account (this is what I do in general)
2) buy a eShop point card, I usually go with Play-Asia for this
3) buy the game digitally on Amazon.co.jp, I've done this a few times and it works, sometimes they have discount on new games

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. You need to:

1) transfer money to a japanese 3DS with a shared account (this is what I do in general)
2) buy a eShop point card, I usually go with Play-Asia for this
3) buy the game digitally on Amazon.co.jp, I've done this a few times and it works, sometimes they have discount on new games
Thanks. Option 2 seems the easier one for my situation, will probably wait a few days more for a PC release date announcement

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
if you buy a digital code off Amazon JP how would you go about redeeming it?
Go to accounts.nintendo.com to change your country of residence to Japan then login to the eShop to redeem it. You will have to login on your Switch after changing your country. You can change your account back once the download begins.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
if you buy a digital code off Amazon JP how would you go about redeeming it?
Go to accounts.nintendo.com to change your country of residence to Japan then login to the eShop to redeem it. You will have to login on your Switch after changing your country. You can change your account back once the download begins.
I think it's easier in the long run to make a dummy account in the region you want.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
One of my favourite series ever, i played all of them already and downloaded this collection from Japanese Eshop today...don't think i will replay them all though, Metro Exodus is still waiting and so are my friends for online R6 Siege and Rocket League new season...so many games

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's easier in the long run to make a dummy account in the region you want.
Most of the time the Japanese and US games are considered the same game on Nintendo's end, so buying the Japanese games is the same as buying the US; you can even redownload the games from the US store when they launch. I like to keep all the games tied to the same account, so I just change my region. Changing region is only possible if you have 0 currency in your wallet.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Most of the time the Japanese and US games are considered the same game on Nintendo's end, so buying the Japanese games is the same as buying the US; you can even redownload the games from the US store when they launch. I like to keep all the games tied to the same account, so I just change my region. Changing region is only possible if you have 0 currency in your wallet.

shoot I loaded up credit for FFVII & other games (like this hopefully) coming soon :-/ I guess I'll wait for the release date announcement and hope it's not too far off

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's what I mean. Unless you buy a download code for the game itself (which isn't always possible) you're going to buy eShop fund cards, which you're probably going to be stuck with leftover credit that can make it hairy to swap back to your preferred region.

SteezyStan

Banned
Feb 20, 2019
Welcome to the site!

One reason is that a physical copy is guaranteed to work in XX years when/if the digital stores go down. Another is not having to cycle games in and out of a memory card and redownload them. Finally, sometimes it's nice to have a physical thing. There's a weird attachment and satisfaction I get from owning a physical object rather than just having bits. It's sort of like a special or collector's edition.
Thanks for the welcome! And excellent - that makes a lot of sense and I hope the few hundred dollars I've spent on Switch games and god knows how much on Xbox/PS4 titles doesn't come around to bite me in the ass.

ShadowFlare

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just ordered the Switch version from play-asia. I don't need to worry about shipping or it working on my console right?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Is that only for the LE disc art, or for the normal release as well? Its really nice, just waiting for my copies to be dispatched.

ASyS_Razia

Sep 15, 2018
Spain
Ok What are the chances this version comes with the multi 5 localization in Europe, the spanish localization was so on point on DS it's a shame 5 and 6 were only english here when meh professor Layton vs AA was even dubbed lmao.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, a week is too long to be waiting on a date for the English physical release. How much does it cost?

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious to know if the English translation for the HD release in Japan on Switch/PS4 uses the original Japanese DS English script or the revised US/EU English one.

Because the English for the Japanese DS release of AA, especially AA2, was pretty rough in places.