• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
But every Strangereal game takes place in the same world? Because I really don't remember neither Osea or Erusea being mentioned in AC5, even if you can fight some aces from previous games if you look for them in missions.

Man, this is my first time pre-ordering from this particular retailer (who's selling the game on the brazilian Amazon site) and I really hope I get the code.

Yeah, they're all in the same setting. There's a timeline on the wiki that I found helpful.

http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Strangereal/Timeline

I'm really tempted to get this, but as a total AC noob I really wish we had some reviews / impressions out there.

In my Ace Combat ignorance I never realized the series had anime-esque, melodramatic stories (and great music). Foolishly thought they were like realistic sims.

AC is basically Metal Gear with less navel gazing and more sweet-ass jets. Honestly, this one seems like a perfect game for beginners, and basically everything I've seen of it seems like it's gonna be up there with the best in the series, at least mechanically.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
AC is basically Metal Gear with less navel gazing and more sweet-ass jets. Honestly, this one seems like a perfect game for beginners, and basically everything I've seen of it seems like it's gonna be up there with the best in the series, at least mechanically.
Yeah, it has me super interested. Don't know why I thought it was like a Japanese Microsoft Flight Sim lol

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Thats exactly what I thought it was too. I really had no idea there was this much lore. Now I feel kind of bad jumping in now

I wouldn't feel bad. There are little continuity nods between the games, but each story is pretty self contained. If you'd like, that timeline I posted on the last page has some good information if you're looking to catch up.

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
I have a feeling that it will be probably fitted to be a locked 60fps as opposed to pushing higher resolutions since the game seems to have an unlocked framerate.

That was what the interview from back in like... September said, and I'm totally fine if that's all there is to it. I just don't want to buy the Xbone version if there's no X support, and it ends up being worse than its PS4 counterpart.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
is this a good podcast game? something to casually pick up and pew pew pew some planes down to unlock stuff?

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There are quite a lot of audio cues in the gameplay though you can get by visually as well.

Oct 25, 2017
how long is a campaign though? are there reasons to replay missions?
I haven't done too much research, just know from experience you probably won't get all of the upgrades in one playthrough not to mention you can go back and replay each mission for a better rank. Also multiplayer. I remember playing AC4 a shit load of times and I loved 5.

Carcosan Stag

Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh
Do we have any impressions of this being played on a PS4 Pro? I'm really wanting to dive in on Friday on PS4 Pro but if the PC version is substantially different/improved, I may hold off until it releases there.

Oct 27, 2017
So excited. Got my flight stick bundle on the way from Gamestop. Couldn't ask for a better birthday weekend than to get into a bottle of rum and ace combat. MP is going to be hell of fun.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, AC6 backwards compatibility supposed to happen today on X1. Guess I'll be playing the old ace of aces dlc to get my groove back.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a full list of aircraft? The F4 is a pre-order bonus but I'd like to use it in multi-player too.

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, AC6 backwards compatibility supposed to happen today on X1. Guess I'll be playing the old ace of aces dlc to get my groove back.
Looks like it's already up. Just popped in the disc and it prompted a 5 GB update. Going to wait though. Not sure if installing my disc will mess up my digital bonus version and I'd rather have it digitally.

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I have the XB1 setup and updating as I type to give 6 a spin.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I got my AC5 code but it won't redeem, says it's not a valid code. Is this normal? Are we going to be waiting until Friday for them to become redeemable?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Scamco is the worst for delaying the PC version.

>_<