• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I kinda want to know if Steve Blum has a voice in this game. About 3 years ago, I met him at a con and got him to sign my copy of 5. Despite having over 300 roles to his name, he instantly recognized it and recalled that he played Bartlett. I was impressed that he remembered exactly whom he played, especially since the game came out well over a decade ago. I then mentioned that there was another game in the series coming out, and he sorta slyly suggested for me to keep a look out. Keep in mind that this around 5 months after the game was revealed.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I haven't played an Ace Combat game since AC3. What significant improvements to the series have been added since that time? I'm intrigued with 7, but still on the fence as it will either be this or Resident Evil 2.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
ONE MORE DAY, BOIIIIS

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda want to know if Steve Blum has a voice in this game. About 3 years ago, I met him at a con and got him to sign my copy of 5. Despite having over 300 roles to his name, he instantly recognized it and recalled that he played Bartlett. I was impressed that he remembered exactly whom he played, especially since the game came out well over a decade ago. I then mentioned that there was another game in the series coming out, and he sorta slyly suggested for me to keep a look out. Keep in mind that this around 5 months after the game was revealed.
At the very least he will be background characters,
He was also in Assault Horizon.

I'd lose my shit if Bartlett showed back up.

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
How late can you preorder to get the bonus ac5?

I never pre order until reading reviews, I'm wondering if I can still get ac5 if I 'preorder' 30 minutes before it unlocks.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Funny enough Ace Combat uses a lot of the Resident Evil cast mainstays.
Wesker was a side character in that past, now is the scientist guy in 7,
iconic RE4 Leon was the protagonist of Assault Horizon
RE6 era leon was the narrator character of Ace Combat 5
Chris Redfield was an AWACS tech
etc
that's cool. I always enjoyed RE cast.

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
Hovering over the pre-order button, just hoping for some reviews to drop before i click it.

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
I hope this marks Kobayashi's return to form. Other than the main theme , the soundtrack to AC6 sucked compared to AC4+5

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping my copy arrives tomorrow. I haven't played an Ace Combat since... jeez, AC0 back on the PS2. I remember absolutely none of the story, but I'm still hyped.

-Amon-

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hi all. Is there some kind of support for VSS on Ps4 ?

( VSS is that virtual surround technology used for some kind of playstation headsets )

Thanks.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not quite, the game is 1080p with an uncapped framrate on base consoles and brute forces to 1080/60 on Pro/X. That's it, sadly don't think I'll be supporting this due to that.
The fuck? I'm really interested to see the Digital Foundry Analysis if this is true.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Wah. Well is it a solid 60 for Pro/X?
There's no framerate tests yet but the Pro has footage before release that looked solid so I assume the X is too. The PS4 was running with an uncapped framerate around 45FPS I recall so no real surprise the Pro and X would hit 60 without issue.
The fuck? I'm really interested to see the Digital Foundry Analysis if this is true.
It doesn't even list itself as Xbox One X Enhanced on the store either, it's no mistake. I wouldn't expect too much from Digital Foundry as far as calling the devs out on it. John is a huge Ace Combat fan and I don't think he'll slam it too much for not offering any Enhancements

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Not quite, the game is 1080p with an uncapped framrate on base consoles and brute forces to 1080/60 on Pro/X. That's it, sadly don't think I'll be supporting this due to that.

Hmm, I might figure it a way to get codes for 5 and 6, then go PC then. VR prob going to make me sick anyways.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
This game looks sweet but i cant get it at bestbuy cause they dont ship for some reason and i dont have time to go to a store,and I wanted to use some credit i have.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
so, this game has no Pro/X enhancements and runs in 1080p maximum? if this is the case i will wait for a sale, don´t want to support missing features tbh

Does it even has HDR?