• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
It's bullshit.
But I like it. An Aztec setting would be amazing and perfectly in tune with the new RPG style they're using for AC. Imagine walking through Tenochtitlan... *chef's kiss*

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Ok cool i f true but please no spaniards give me an aztec game with an aztec MC and aztec bad guys.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'd be willing to return to AC for an Aztec setting.

Don't use/link ACG though, he's trash.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
This guy is banned here

Iirc he's banned as a member and for content but not as a source for leaks and stuff like this. Maybe it would be better just to have text in the OP though.

Wrt the news, sounds like a setting with a lot of potential, totally expect Ubisoft to not do anything with it.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
So…Valhalla with an Aztec skin? Gross.

I'd love to see a reboot that brings AC back to its roots. Give me a modem take on Renaissance Italy.

AnimasPaine

Banned
Jun 15, 2022
You know I used to really enjoy playing Assassins Creed. It was a comfort food franchise, but after the style change I've written off the franchise.

I do not want to nor have any desire for hundred hour long Assassins Creed games. They aren't that good.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020
You know what i like that idea. I'd really like to see their Origins/Oddyssey-style rendition the Aztec. Could be good. Also a lot of possibilities for storytelling as I don't think we have a lot of tales and storys and characters that *have* to show up (like in, say, Ancient Greece).

so who are the baddies/templars/whatever they're called now in this setting?
Colonizers, Spanish, Portugese people?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
4k.gif

Dull Request

alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2022
I swear they're determined to set these games in less and less parkour-apt locations. There's barely any point to the mechanic anymore that defined the series 10 years ago.

Schreier response

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
If its anything like Origins = Might be interested.

If its anything like Valhalla = hard pass.

Fuck all that bloat. Its useless.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This is the next AC game. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...w-assassin-s-creed-game-to-help-fill-schedule

Would be some wacky time travel shenanigans if Basim went to the Aztec Empire.

I've also heard about the two main games in development as part of AC Infinity, and neither of them are Aztec.

Maybe there's some super secret spinoff in production somewhere, but I haven't heard of it!

Ah, so it's a spin-off of Valhalla kinda? Like Freedom Cry before it, or bigger in scope?

cyress8

Avenger
This is the next AC game. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...w-assassin-s-creed-game-to-help-fill-schedule

Would be some wacky time travel shenanigans if Basim went to the Aztec Empire.

I've also heard about the two main games in development as part of AC Infinity, and neither of them are Aztec.

Maybe there's some super secret spinoff in production somewhere, but I haven't heard of it!
Going back to the old formula might help them push these games out quicker. Mechanically simpler to deal with.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if they do South America before East and South East Asia.
It's an interesting environment that hasn't been done to death already having those mesoamerican civilizations and basically having the Spanish roaming around fucking everything up is more in line with Assassin's Creed vibe.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Origins, made it 15 hours into Odyssey and uninstalled Valhalla after 1 1/2 hours. If they don't change but put even more bloat and mtx into it, I'm out.

Similarly I loved Origins, Odyssey took me a while to get into but ended up with over 100 hours and Valhalla.... well I basically speed ran the main story line as I didn't want to waste my money but didn't enjoy at all.

Honestly don't like the direction of the franchise, they need to take a timeout and rethink like they did with Origins but I doubt that'll happen because money.

Gray Fox

Jul 6, 2018
This would be something that I would play. The bloat in these games though has to be toned-down. I skipped Valhalla because of it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So him proudly saying his CP2077 review will not contain "Trans shit no one cares about" isn't worthy of a general content ban? You're happy to platform him?

If you wanna link us to any examples of things that he's said that might make us reconsider then the staffs DMs are always open.

All I can tell you right now is that, as of this moment, it's been raised a number of times and the line has always been that ACG was banned from posting on the forum but we haven't banned his content or reviews.

I haven't seen that specific post of his so feel free to fire it over to one of the staff, although it might be the specific content that he was banned from the forum for. I honestly don't remember without asking around.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure Ubisoft intends to set an Assassin's Creed in modern or even futuristic times eventually but they are probably keeping that in their back pocket for as long as they possibly can.

they might only play that card when sales start to stagnate, as it would assuredly reinvigorate interest in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.