Action Figure ERA |OT| Abandon all cash, ye who enter here

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Hey resetera!

I am currently in Japan. Any cool exclusive action figures to pick up while I'm here? Or any good shops to check out while I'm here? I love all things marvel, Godzilla, ninja, samurai. I am currently in Tokyo but also going to hakone, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Osaka.

Thanks!

TAJ

Oct 28, 2017
Managed to get a 4 pack of the 1/6 ones for £80 from in demand toys, so I'm happy
Damn, that's good. The same thing on US eBay is $145 shipped for knockoffs.
EDIT: Wait... 1/6? I only know about the 1/4 and 1/10 ones. I meant the 1/10 ones.

Last edited:

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I should mention that HLJ are having a sale with new stuff coming in almost daily. Might find stuff that interest the folk here.

Hey resetera!

I am currently in Japan. Any cool exclusive action figures to pick up while I'm here? Or any good shops to check out while I'm here? I love all things marvel, Godzilla, ninja, samurai. I am currently in Tokyo but also going to hakone, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Osaka.

Thanks!
Akihabara probably has plenty of toy stores. Check out Mandarake's various branches as well for pre-owned stuff.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Hey resetera!

Thanks!
In Akihabara, there's a store called Lashinbang that is directly across from Super Potato (when exiting SP you'll see it to your right) that has a ton of figures and statues. I spent an hour or two looking at it, there are multiple floors.
Here's the location info.

There's also a Kotobukiya store in the area. look at this video, and check out his channel, he has some other vids on stores in the area.

There's also a huge Yodabashi Camera department store in Akihabara that has a very nice video game and toy selection. It also had a really good sushi restaurant on the top floor. There is a Square-Enix Cafe attached to the outside of it.
Some pics from Yodabashi camera that I took:

All of these places are less than a 5 min walk from each other. And there's tons more.
Enjoy! I wish I could go back to Japan soon :-D

Last edited:

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
In Akihabara, there's a store called Lashinbang that is directly across from Super Potato (when exiting SP you'll see it to your right) that has a ton of figures and statues. I spent an hour or two looking at it, there are multiple floors.

There's also a Kotobukiya store in the area. look at this video, and check out his channel, he has some other vids on stores in the area.

There's also a huge Yodabashi Camera department store in Akihabara that has a very nice video game and toy selection. It also had a really good sushi restaurant on the top floor. There is a Square-Enix Cafe attached to the outside of it.
Some pics from Yodabashi camera that I took:

All of these places are less than a 5 min walk from each other. And there's tons more.
Enjoy! I wish I could go back to Japan soon :-D
Thank you for the useful info!

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw this and immediately pre-ordered.

I preordered that too but undecided if I prefer the smaller scale or the 18” release.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
NECA Terminator: Dark Fate Sarah Connor and T-800.
It's listed as the T-800 on Toyark's article, but there's been word that it's a human the model was based on.

I'm still holding out hope for a version of Sarah Connor from The Terminator, and a re-release of Kyle Reese with more articulation.

Would also be nice to see re-releases of the other figures, since they can go for quite a bit online. The only ones I see in stores are the Ultimate T-800 from Terminator 2 (which I got a few hours ago, as seen in my previous post), and the Kenner tribute figures, and I've only seen them at one Target store.

Space Lion

May 24, 2019
I got my SS38 Optimus Prime in the mail from Amazon. I'm honestly disappointed in the figure. I don't like transforming it. I love him in Robot mode though. It looks great though.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Scarlet Spider went up:

It's my all time fave Spider-Man costume so I def grabbed one. If HT starts doing more and more comic based figures I'ma die.
I was wondering how they got this license, but it's from the video game, which basically makes it a comic book license because there are so many suits in that game. So yeah, I'm sure they're going to milk it. Argh. I thought I was out.

Oct 27, 2017
In for Scarlet Spider! As a Hot Toys Spiderman completionist I feel I'm in deep shit in the coming years. My worries are about space to display more than anything. Also this sucka is on waitlist already.