Action Figure ERA |OT| Abandon all cash, ye who enter here

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I took one look at the price of the MAFEX Infinity War Thor on BBTS and went straight to Amiami.

That Spider-Man looking swole af lol
In places. But the arms just look like tubes. It's like they took scrawny arms and scaled them up on two axes.
How do you fuck up like this at that big a scale? How?

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I picked up a Metal Build EVA 01 at the Bluefin booth at AX. I'm screwed now, aren't I? There goes my wallet.

At least I resisted the metal build crossbones.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The high altitude suit had a much bigger wingspan than his first suit right? This is how big the prototype was:

I was just about to edit.
The first version of the wings is smaller, but not by a huge amount.
It should still be almost three and a half feet fully stretched out.
I like the first version's design better, though. Jealous.

The Sum of Zero

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
AL, USA
Man I lucked out at Barnes and Noble. Had to cancel my Amazon preorders back in May due to moving costs, was worried I'd never get ahold of him but lo and behold.

Saw Broly too but could only afford one this time so I had to make a choice.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Bracing myself for the overpriced SDCC exclusive import stock prices that are gonna hit my wallet this coming week. Still undecided exactly what I want all told, but definitely gonna need that 6" vintage style Boba Fett from Hasbro

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I saw Black Series Archive series 2 in the wild, but only Anakins were left.

Also none of them are available online and in store only. lol They've even got some $300 1/6 stuff for $19.99
Figuarts Hermione is available online as of right now.
I'll get one for my sister if the shipping isn't terrible.

Last edited:

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys. been a while. haven't bought anything really in like, a year, but I broke bad recently. If you remember, I first started buying action figures a little over a year-ish ago when I was looking for a Hulk action figure to get my nephew for his birthday, which ya'll helped with. Then I decided to get stuff for myself. I bought a few things, which opened me up to a whole world of imported stuff, but then I dropped buying stuff when I had to move to a new home and had other priorities.

But lo and behold I'm back, and this isn't even all of my recent haul. I decided to pick up my nephew the new Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary Hulk & Wolverine 2-pack for his gift, which I think he'll like. I also got one for myself since the Hulk looked pretty cool. Those have still yet to arrive.

These arrived over the weekend. Still waiting on more Mezco stuff. My first Figuarts DBZ. Never thought I'd get into buying this line, but the Super Broly movie was awesome.

Lmo2017

The new Haslab project is a 27 inch tall Unicron... $574.99

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
BBTS just put up pre-orders for Mondo's 1/6 Mer-Man.

Dude looks awesome. lol Skeletor is shipping this week for me but seeing the exclusive version folks have and Mondo really nailed it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Dystopian America

The new Haslab project is a 27 inch tall Unicron... $574.99
30" diameter? Daaaaaaamn.

Yerba_Sutra

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I keep stressing out every time I remember Walgreens has that Clone Wars Obi Wan figure releasing soon-ish.... anyone know where a guy can go if his local store doesn't get Black Series? Will it be available online? That's the only Obi Wan I am interested in owning period.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I fucked up and opened Broly Full Power first, and then Gogeta. Nothing can compare to Broly. Dammit, now I wish I jumped on this wagon earlier.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you, diggeh. It's good(?) to be back.

Just received the ML 2-pack Hulk & Wolverine. Looks awesome just from the box. Now if only I could get me one of those SDCC exclusive Retro Card ML Hulks.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Aw man... I’m really about to have two Maul figures in my collection, aren’t I?

Also a quick preview of Endgame Thor. I get the feeling SDCC this year is going to wreck my wallet.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I keep stressing out every time I remember Walgreens has that Clone Wars Obi Wan figure releasing soon-ish.... anyone know where a guy can go if his local store doesn't get Black Series? Will it be available online? That's the only Obi Wan I am interested in owning period.
I don’t get the Walgreens exclusive thing. I live in London now, but when I lived in LA, you’d never see more stock than 2-3 WWE figures and some slinkies, bouncy balls, and maybe a hot wheel. Oftentimes no Marvel Legends. They get a huge giant amount of exclusive figures that you can’t order on their website. I don’t get it.

Apr 8, 2018
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but does anyone here collect/are familiar with The Loyal Subjects figures? I see they're coming out with an Aggretsuko line soon(?) and had a few questions.

I wanted to get a few of the figures pictured in the image on the right. Is there a chance the whole series will be blind boxed or is it just for the figures that have alternate variants? If the entire line won't be blind boxed, are there any reputable sites where I can order just the figures I want or will I have to resort to Ebay? Thanks!