• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
30705278_10155415189962344_225057858268430336_o.jpg

036fa0cd64a419335320b050c9301e7731206f53cf0e502066cf5c656486e553.gif

Also, hey Action Figure ERA! New guy here. I was a lurker for a long time and got into collecting Hot Toys because of you guys. You're all the reason I have no self-control and I love it.
But my wallet doesn't!

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
036fa0cd64a419335320b050c9301e7731206f53cf0e502066cf5c656486e553.gif

Also, hey Action Figure ERA! New guy here. I was a lurker for a long time and got into collecting Hot Toys because of you guys. You're all the reason I have no self-control and I love it.
But my wallet doesn't!

Welcome! Let me know if you're interested in joining our Discord group!

and remember to buy all the things

SmokyMtnReign

Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy many figures and completely missed out on preordering the Bloodborne Hunter figma. Are there any options other then just paying reseller prices once it comes out?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Figuarts Jedi Luke was reissued again, but it sold out immediately. Bandai... whatthefuckareyoudoing.gif

damn that Kratos is pretty tight

And the articulation is so good that you won't believe it's from NECA.

Wait, Cap has two of those shields in the movie? So not only did ML cheap out on the hands, but the accessories as well?

Haven't bought a Hot Toys Cap since Avengers 1 so maybe it's time.

He loses one of them pretty quickly, but it's still annoying that Hasbro only gave us one. He loses the one on his right arm.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is Toywiz legit? They have the Mezco gladiator Hulk available for pre-order and it's only marked up $15.
I got my pre-order in a long time ago on Entertainment Earth because they had the lowest price anywhere taking shipping and tax into account, but others might be interested.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Is Toywiz legit? They have the Mezco gladiator Hulk available for pre-order and it's only marked up $15.
I got my pre-order in a long time ago on Entertainment Earth because they had the lowest price anywhere taking shipping and tax into account, but others might be interested.
I've ordered couple of times and no problems. They were a bit pricey from what I remember(it's been a while since I ordered anything)

Ramses

Oct 27, 2017
don't know if Kosher or not:

But any love for Transformers? I finally found the Studio Series figs and I got Stinger. Anyone else picking up this series or Power of the Primes?

the chris

Dec 31, 2017

But any love for Transformers? I finally found the Studio Series figs and I got Stinger. Anyone else picking up this series or Power of the Primes?

I think I'm winding down on my Transformers collecting, probably just going to get the last Dinobot I'm missing and get the Terrorcons combiner figure. Even though I don't like the movie designs for the most part, Grimlock and Blackout look pretty cool.

Ramses

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm winding down on my Transformers collecting, probably just going to get the last Dinobot I'm missing and get the Terrorcons combiner figure. Even though I don't like the movie designs for the most part, Grimlock and Blackout look pretty cool.
yeah, im also not feeling this year's assortment. The Dinobots and Rodimus is good, but we had hit after hit for the last 2-3 years before that with some awesome figures. I tend to be here-or-there with the Movie stuff, but the Studio Series is looking awesome so far. I do wonder if down the line, we'll be getting re-issues of figures that weren't widely distributed like Cogman and TLK Hot Rod.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I have all of the PotP Dinobots, including two of Slash. I'll probably buy the Terrorcons. It really depends on how easy they are to find. Of the two out now, one is everywhere and the other I've never seen.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
I was big on Transformers, both 3P and official of all sizes. But I decided to just stick with MP TFs a month or so ago. Now I'm just thinking I'll collect all official MP releases and probably just combiner 3p releases and other sizes that I think look cool(like that PotP Rodimus). I feel like Hasbro forcing Takara to drop their deco changes kinda killed part of the enjoyment I had collecting these. The community helped kill the other part. Not sure what it is but TF collectors can be pretty shitty compared to other brands.

Gonna offload all my non MPs, so I'll have a blast selling those :/

But this goes to a deeper collection dilemma I had last week where I'm probably gonna sell off most of my black series and marvel legends figures. At lease the movie character ones. After getting my first Hot Toy I'd much rather have a "premium" collection of a few figs than every single release of smaller ones.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017

Hey there, big fan of them here. There's actually a dedicated thread to Transformers as well, though it's not that active.

As for POTP, I'm skipping it. Haven't bought much Transformers toys in a long time.

But this goes to a deeper collection dilemma I had last week where I'm probably gonna sell off most of my black series and marvel legends figures. At lease the movie character ones. After getting my first Hot Toy I'd much rather have a "premium" collection of a few figs than every single release of smaller ones.

I had that revelation as well, but it was when I first started collecting high end non Transformers toys. Figured it was a waste of money as well as a waste of space.

Ramses

Oct 27, 2017

I used to collect S.H. Figuarts, back in the days when the output was 90% Kamen Rider, and to be honest, if I had the choice between a Black Series/Marvel Legend or a Figuart, i'll take the Figuart, no questions asked. I don't have many Marvel Legends, I do collect Black Series, but if the opportunity comes, i'll go for the Figuart instead.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
walked into target this morning and got that Solo Lando, looks really nice

it's the only one I wanted and was the only one from the wave they had left

so that was pretty nice

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
walked into target this morning and got that Solo Lando, looks really nice

it's the only one I wanted and was the only one from the wave they had left

so that was pretty nice

I only want Tarkin and the updated Death Star Trooper, but I still haven't seen anything newer than the stuff that came out during the event for TLJ.
On the Marvel front I still haven't seen any Lizard wave stuff. I finally saw some Sasquatch wave a couple days ago. I was in a Walgreens less than an hour after they put out three cases, but all of the Cable, X-Force Deadpool and X-23 figures were already gone. Still haven't seen the Walgreens Reed Richards figure.

Last edited:

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No more delays! I got a payment request for this...

I didn't even know that the bike was going to have the mode for storing it in the fighter.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wasnt sure where to ask about this, already posted in FigureERA but they made it sound like this would be the better place to ask.

Been looking at a few statues to pick up and I came across the kotobukiya sahelanthropus Model Kit. I know its not a figure/statue, but wasnt sure where to ask about it since its not a Gundam lol...

Anyone here pick it up when it first came out? I got the Metal Gear Rex and thought it was very well done. Used to do alot of Gundam kits and this was my first from Kotobukiya. I moved though and a few pieces broke off. How is the Sahelanthropus? Are the instructions pretty easy to figure out? And does it transform pretty easily? Finally, anyone know who has the best price for it? From what I can tell eBay has the best prices.

I was thinking about getting the Kotobukiya Rebirth Batman statue coming out in July, atleast until I saw this thing lol. My collection is all Play Arts and Kotobukiya statues but Play Arts are becoming way too expensive for me these days, and if im going to spend $150 I want to get something like this.

----

Also is there a good place to get Play Arts figures other than Amazon with decent prices, or even sales? Got a bunch of Play Arts last year at Gamestop of all places while they were marked down to around $20. I know I probably wont find sales that low lol, but are there any places to find them less than $150+ like at Amazon. Really want the new X-Men Play Arts.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

I picked up Studio Series Prime and Blackout at MSRP on Amazon. Leader class sized Blackout was long overdue. Also picked up Hound from the last movie, which is a big upgrade (literally) from his Age of Extinction toy.

Only POTP figure I have is Starscream and he's not my favorite. Sort of want Prime, but like the Powermaster Prime I got last year.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone here pick it up when it first came out? I got the Metal Gear Rex and thought it was very well done. Used to do alot of Gundam kits and this was my first from Kotobukiya. I moved though and a few pieces broke off. How is the Sahelanthropus? Are the instructions pretty easy to figure out? And does it transform pretty easily? Finally, anyone know who has the best price for it? From what I can tell eBay has the best prices.

I've been out of the model kit scene for a good while but from what I gleamed it seems to be a standard Koto kit. Always better than previous releases but still not up to Bandai's level. Not sure about the transformation but if it's like most transformable model kits it's going to be a pain. As for best prices, BBTS if you're in the US and HLJ if you're outside of it (actually, check shipping cost. It might be lower than what I'm expecting). Either way it will put a dent in your wallet.

Ramses

Oct 27, 2017
Only POTP figure I have is Starscream and he's not my favorite. Sort of want Prime, but like the Powermaster Prime I got last year.

yeah, POTP is all sorts of disappointing. I heard prime is good, but The Powermaster Prime is better IMO; Thats why the only figures I want are Rodimus, The Dinobots, and Jazz. Worst yet, i'm CERTAIN the Starscream mold is going to go to Japan as Leozack and they are going to make a Leokaizer Unite Warrior Box Set down the road, so i'll hold off for that.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
yeah, POTP is all sorts of disappointing. I heard prime is good, but The Powermaster Prime is better IMO; Thats why the only figures I want are Rodimus, The Dinobots, and Jazz. Worst yet, i'm CERTAIN the Starscream mold is going to go to Japan as Leozack and they are going to make a Leokaizer Unite Warrior Box Set down the road, so i'll hold off for that.

yeah the Prime is really good. The only one aside from Rodimus I'm keeping. I was super disappointed with the Dinobots. They really should NOT have been combiners.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
yeah the Prime is really good. The only one aside from Rodimus I'm keeping. I was super disappointed with the Dinobots. They really should NOT have been combiners.

The only ones that look weird in dinosaur mode are Grimlock and maybe Swoop. All of the robot modes are good, with nice articulation. /shrug

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That OT title wasn't kidding... I saw this bad boy:
Revoltech-Batman-01__scaled_600.jpg

And now I'm sucked down a deep dark hole of Revoltech. Someone help...

Do we know around when this Batman Revoltech is coming out? Saw some colored pics today for it.

Fell down the rabbit hole myself looking for what I want to get and found the Amazing Yamaguchi line from Revoltech. They are awesome, especially that Wolverine and Cap!

Ive got a few of their Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear figures. They are small, but have awesome detail and designs. Love the art style they went with for the Marvel line. Hope they are going to do more DC figures after this one too. Would love a Deathstoke and Nightwing.

Last edited:

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Was expecting the Iron Spidey arms but kinda annoyed I'm spoiled before the movie is out. (Already saw it in a silhouette in a toy site earlier)

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was expecting the Iron Spidey arms but kinda annoyed I'm spoiled before the movie is out. (Already saw it in a silhouette in a toy site earlier)

The Lego minifig with Iron Spider arms has been in stores for more than a month and got leaked well before that. I don't consider it a spoiler, though.

StrikeJP

Oct 31, 2017
Do we know around when this Batman Revoltech is coming out? Saw some colored pics today for it.

Fell down the rabbit hole myself looking for what I want to get and found the Amazing Yamaguchi line from Revoltech. They are awesome, especially that Wolverine and Cap!

Ive got a few of their Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear figures. They are small, but have awesome detail and designs. Love the art style they went with for the Marvel line. Hope they are going to do more DC figures after this one too. Would love a Deathstoke and Nightwing.

Not sure when it's supposed to come out. But based purely on their reveal-to-release schedule of previous figures... I'd guess we'll see Batman around August. Really hyped for him. And I'm with you, I'd love more DC. If they make a Superman, I'll squeal with joy.

I did end up picking up Spider-Man, Deadpool, Wolverine, and TMNT. Wolverine ended up being my surprise favorite. Like many have said, those joints are a pain in the ass. But, if you spend some time, you can get some amazing poses to go along with those great details/sculpts.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure when it's supposed to come out. But based purely on their reveal-to-release schedule of previous figures... I'd guess we'll see Batman around August. Really hyped for him. And I'm with you, I'd love more DC. If they make a Superman, I'll squeal with joy.

I did end up picking up Spider-Man, Deadpool, Wolverine, and TMNT. Wolverine ended up being my surprise favorite. Like many have said, those joints are a pain in the ass. But, if you spend some time, you can get some amazing poses to go along with those great details/sculpts.

They're a feature!

Definitely, 10000% understand Revoltech joints are gonna get loose so quick and potentially break. I have Spidey with a loose shoulder, Wolverine with a damage wrist, Magneto with loosened back holes for the cape (no surprise) and Cap, which was broken but replaced but also loose elbows. They do provide one or two spare shoulders joints, but the same thing will eventually happening. With some fine tuning in posing though they do look awesome, but they are most def a fiddly figure!

This reminds me, I have the first two Jehuty figures but never did open them. Maybe I should get around to that one of these days!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
They're a feature!

Definitely, 10000% understand Revoltech joints are gonna get loose so quick and potentially break. I have Spidey with a loose shoulder, Wolverine with a damage wrist, Magneto with loosened back holes for the cape (no surprise) and Cap, which was broken but replaced but also loose elbows. They do provide one or two spare shoulders joints, but the same thing will eventually happening. With some fine tuning in posing though they do look awesome, but they are most def a fiddly figure!

This reminds me, I have the first two Jehuty figures but never did open them. Maybe I should get around to that one of these days!

Once I posed mine I left the alone because you could tell this would be an issue.

The ZOE were the first ones I picked up from them. Anubis is the only one left that isnt broken after I moved lol. They look awesome though. Really want to get the Jehuty with the huge cannons.

Only complaint is I wish they were abit bigger. Not Play Arts big, but somewhere in the middle.

Also pissed I never picked up the Cyborg Ninja at the time.