• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have the SHFiguarts Mario and Luigi?

I'm also still on the look out for the Prime 3 Samus Figma :(

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to get him for my 'Smash' display. Reckon you can pose him in his 'idle' stance he has in Smash, i.e; facing one way, fist up and the other mostly down?

Ala: super-smash-bros-wii-u-mirroring-1_800.0.jpg

Sure thing, here's my best approximation.

Bear in mind he sports a constant smile.

B7QwIFr.jpg

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The World of Nintendo Mario and Luigi have better shoulder articulation. I don't like how limited it is on the S.H. Figuarts versions...though aside from that, they are better overall.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Zeo Megazord was done dirty by being reduced to a build a figure.

Do these guys come with their own weapons? Can't tell from the box.
No personal weapons, just the blaster and the sword thingy. Only one that came with their personal weapon was the Gold (Butterscotch lol) Ranger.

A lot of the Megazords were done dirty when Bandai never went past MMPR S2 for their Legacy Megazords. Really wanted a Legacy Shogunzord and Zeo Megazords from them. Hopefully Hasbro does it right and gives us some quality Megazords like Legacy.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
No personal weapons, just the blaster and the sword thingy. Only one that came with their personal weapon was the Gold (Butterscotch lol) Ranger.

A lot of the Megazords were done dirty when Bandai never went past MMPR S2 for their Legacy Megazords. Really wanted a Legacy Shogunzord and Zeo Megazords from them. Hopefully Hasbro does it right and gives us some quality Megazords like Legacy.

Shogun kinda makes sense to skip since it wasn't the main Megazord and would be prohibitively big and complex. Thunder launched at $200 so I shudder to think how much a Shogun would go for.
And don't hold your breath for Hasbro Megazords since as per their slides they're not a priority right now.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just being hopeful. Hasbro hasn't revealed anything besides the Lightning Collection at Power Morphicon. Definitely expecting more information once next years Toy Show comes around, so Megazords could be in the works .

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone link me to a stand to use for a Black Series K-2SO? I'd prefer Amazon. I don't know which one is right for the figure.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone heard of the new metal build eva - 01 releasing early next year? I just preordered it and it looks so nice. Cost was around $230 not including tax.

Edit - nvm saw a few pages back a few people preordered it too. Very excited for this.

48efb6fce00659cbbeda5937e8f3ad211535087045_full.jpg

1dd4eb11f67a8cca4e6d7f6c3a892df91535087191_full.jpg

1e1c3b6e198dc9db2aa54ad7ac8696c41535087146_full.jpg

Last edited:

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's much cheaper than I expected.
There's a version with a slightly different paint job and no Wolverine that is $125 new at BBTS.

My spending is in a holding pattern, though. A few nights ago I was sitting at a red light and someone hit me from behind at 65-70mph. My ride got obliterated and I'm waiting to see how much my settlement will be. At least I'm not hurt.
Oh, and the guy fled on foot, so I also got a laugh about that.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone heard of the new metal build eva - 01 releasing early next year? I just preordered it and it looks so nice. Cost was around $230 not including tax.

Edit - nvm saw a few pages back a few people preordered it too. Very excited for this.

48efb6fce00659cbbeda5937e8f3ad211535087045_full.jpg

1dd4eb11f67a8cca4e6d7f6c3a892df91535087191_full.jpg

1e1c3b6e198dc9db2aa54ad7ac8696c41535087146_full.jpg
I am one of those people and, yes, it's absolutely glorious.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Michael Myers is listed on mezcotoyz.com as Now Shipping. I was starting to think that none of my BBTS Mezco preorders would ever ship.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As of a minute ago all of the Mezco One:12 figures that aren't Mezco site exclusives and haven't shipped yet were available for preorder on BBTS, even ones that sold out ages ago, like Hulk.

Scoops

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, as someone that preordered the ash and micheal myers one:12 pretty late, this is really irratating.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Bandai Namco acquires 80% stake in Bluefin.

BANDAI NAMCO HD, acquires US "BLUEfin" business Established US toy business company for core fans

The BANDAI NAMCO Group moves to strengthen the market for core fans in North America. On September 19, 2018, BANDAI NAMCO Holdings announced that it will establish a new subsidiary BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles LLC focusing on the high target market in North America.

BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles is headquartered in Anaheim, California. Established in October 2018, it starts operation in January 2019. The capital is 27 million dollars. Mr. Steve Fujimura will be appointed as president and CEO, and Mr. Kanefumi Iwata of Bandai Namco America will be appointed COO.

A major advantage of the new company is that it is an importer of the local Japanese toy for establishment and receiving business transfer from retailer NIPPON IMPORTS, LLC. NIPPON IMPORTS is a "BLUEfin" brand, selling products such as figures for core fans.

The brand of BLUEfin is familiar to fans at large booth exhibitions such as comic and anime expo. In particular, they are demonstrating their strengths with the related character products of the BANDAI NAMCO Group.

BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles inherits "BLUEfin" brand and continues to deliver hobby related products to fans in North America.

Also, Steve Fujimura, president and CEO of BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles, is also CEO of NIPPON IMPORTS. The head office address of the new company is the same as the current head office of NIPPON IMPORTS. 80% of the shareholders of the new company are BANDAI NAMCO Holdings USA and 20% are NIPPON IMPORTS. In fact, establishing a new company seems to be regarded as an acquisition of BLUEfin related business by BANDAI NAMCO Group, making it a subsidiary company.

With the establishment of this subsidiary, the BANDAI NAMCO Group will be able to acquire the distribution and brands of products for core fans. On the other hand, BLUEfin side will be able to do business with expansive capital and group capabilities.
Japan's content business is said to have less profit in proportion to the popularity of animation. It is often pointed out that sales can not be provided at the same time as the release of the work, and that the sales are not sufficient. Whether BLUEfin will change that situation, the key to future development will be relevant products. The BANDAI NAMCO Group's challenge will draw attention.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Why establish a new company when you can just use Bluefin? Or they just going to label it as Bluefin?

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been an update about KB toys return recently?

It was announced way back before May that it was returning for the holiday season before potentially expanding.
Its nearly October and we haven't hear a word about it since early in june.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Has there been an update about KB toys return recently?

It was announced way back before May that it was returning for the holiday season before potentially expanding.
Its nearly October and we haven't hear a word about it since early in june.

I figured that was going to be mainly Christmas pop up shops like TRU had before. If so, we aren't going to see them until after the Halloween pop up shops close, I'd think.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so glad I never broke down and bought a Mr. Fantastic from a scalper.
I went into a Walgreens today and they had nine.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
First impression of Bring Arts is that they have a way to go before they're figma level. I'm not sure the paint quality is really good enough to justify the price, and most of the Machine Lifeform's joints were locked tight, with the notable exception of the right elbow which snapped right off without much force. I still haven't figured out how to get its head off.
e5rIOvp.png
vtft06J.png

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
apparently the walgreens exclusive The Thing figure is popping up in stores. anyone have any luck? I went to one on my way home from work yesterday and had no luck. might check a few more today at lunch

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about instant since it came out seven months ago and has been impossible to find that whole time, but it might be one now.

Yeah, another one showed up at one of my local stores as well.

I also found 4 Things in NJ today. Usually how it goes, one store in the general area will get a bunch and the rest will get 0 or 1.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Checked a few Walgreens around me but didn't see any Thing figures, did see some Mr. Fantastics too though which I hadn't seen in forever

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just saw the Bespin Leia at Target. (Which I think is just that exclusive Hoth one with the vest missing?)
The head is incredible in person. There isn't a chance in hell of the Figuarts Leia head being up to par.