• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Arcadia makes a 1/60 VF-4 if you want a big un

Oh, I know about that one. Finger hovered over it at AmiAmi for a while. One of the things that killed it for me was that it didn't have any weapons at all. Even if this is just a scout unit I can't get over the fact that it feels missing something with empty hands. Looks like this version fixed that, though.
Besides, I'm about to enter a wallet lockdown phase and will try to fully stop purchases for next year. Riobot Grendizer and SOC Titanus will be my stop.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really hate the prequels, but I would have bought the Figuarts Padme if it hadn't been a Soul Web exclusive.
Now this will be my first prequel figure ever.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone had their mythic legions stuff ship? I thought they were shipping out over a week ago and have heard nothing

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Its oversized and they removed the dumb waist guards. Might be more differences but i dont remember. Watched some video reviews though

I'm not a big fan of buying more or less identical versions of Takara's offerings but I can understand wanting a bigger/smaller version of a figure with some slight touchups. While I love Cybertron Unicron I wish he was a bigger figure and didn't need a cyber key.

Since we're nearing the end of October guess I should share photos of the month's pickups, DX CHogokin YF-19 and PE Mega Doragon.

31471931018_9e8aa9d228_h.jpg

43531662550_684f09e3c8_h.jpg

43531720560_82ceebe391_o.jpg

45346786171_baea5a4f5e_b.jpg

30643785337_2a0bd04fc0_b.jpg

45402355772_7606cf08dc_b.jpg

45534584722_e0bb0f0e9c_h.jpg

31712861698_8d00bb2d47_b.jpg

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Dankir Saw the update to your collection at Collector Freaks. Regarding Detolfs, each glass shelf has a max load of 8 lbs (according to Ikea's specs) but I've seen other collectors put stuff on there that exceeds it a bit (~10 lbs). Of course, the bottom shelf and on top of the cabinet can withhold more weight. It's sturdy so long as you build it correctly. It's a glass case after all.

Some people have placed up to 5 Hot Toys on one glass shelf in mostly museum poses. If you want to display them in more dynamic poses, you'd have to display less on each shelf. So counting all the shelves of a Detolf (including the top of the cabinet), and maximizing the space, you can have 20-25 figures per Detolf. You would then need at least 4 Detolfs if you want to display all your Hot Toys. Though I don't think that many would fit against your basement wall.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
I got my Mythic Legions Advent of Decay figures in yesterday. Got just over a dozen. They are freakin gorgeous. My only nitpicks are A: it's sometimes hard to figure out what to do with the capes and B: articulation seems to go to extremes--either loose or tight. I made my fingers sore loosening ankles and hips yesterday afternoon.

If I muster the energy, I might do some snapshots later.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Butterfly shoulders on a big figure, finally. A male Legends figure that can actually crunch its torso to the side?!
yeah it looks like an amazing figure. I haven't been into action figures in years, but the last few waves of marvel legends have completely pulled me back in :/

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Well, this was a surprise.
At first I was like naw, and then I looked at the alternate heads. I don't know why they highlighted that one goofy-ass head.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just popping in to grumble about my disappointment in BigBadToyStore for delaying my Savage World Thundercats figures. I'd hate to walk into a Gamestop, scoop them up and then get a delivery notification right after opening them (don't feel like dealing with returns through the mail).

Ah well, more waiting.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh, damn. Mezco has been heavily hinting at One:12 Collective G.I. Joe figures.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Would be all in on some joes. Still hoping hasbro does black series style eventually

Got my mythic legions stuff and really not impressed at all. The joints are gummy and either super tight or super loose. The few I had from before weren't nearly this poor quality. Also have parts included with these skeleton soldiers that I have no idea what they're for

passepied joe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know when the NECA Godzilla 1962 figure comes out? I heard it was delayed to 2019 but also that it could come out this month.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I'll buy that Mercy Action Figure to hold me over until the Figma comes out.

Hopefully the other one they pair it up with is Pharah

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit, son!
Bigbadtoystore has the SDCC Marvel Legends A-Force boxed set for $79.99.
It's listed as a Funko product, but every other detail in the listing is right. Hopefully it's not a mistake.

Nov 16, 2017
I'm completely geeked out on the Netflix Castlevania series so looking at figures for it. Found that a company called Diamond Select have the license and are making them from next year. Are they any good and are we likely to see some decent products from them worthy of displaying?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm completely geeked out on the Netflix Castlevania series so looking at figures for it. Found that a company called Diamond Select have the license and are making them from next year. Are they any good and are we likely to see some decent products from them worthy of displaying?

Should be fine. Their pvc stuff is okay, the paint app can be a bit sketchy sometimes. Their resin statues are nicer.

Nov 16, 2017
Should be fine. Their pvc stuff is okay, the paint app can be a bit sketchy sometimes. Their resin statues are nicer.

Cool, thanks mate. Will see what comes about. I don't have a massive collection or anything (Metroid, Zelda and a few Guyvers) but Figmas are pretty much my standard for smallish posable figures so will see how they weigh up against them.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, son!
Bigbadtoystore has the SDCC Marvel Legends A-Force boxed set for $79.99.
It's listed as a Funko product, but every other detail in the listing is right. Hopefully it's not a mistake.

Pretty sure the Funko thing is just an error. They seemed to get a bunch of new stock,in for older waves as well as some exclusives like Magik and Thing so I'm guessing they got A-Force overstock too.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
BBTS has the Toys R' Us Dark Phoenix/Cyclops 2-pack, also. I already had it, but a lot of people missed it.
They're scalping the shit out of it at $64.99, up from the original $39.99. Still, it's been selling for more for a while. Right now there's an eBay auction for a loose Dark Phoenix that's at $51 with 39 bids and two days left.