• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ham does what World of Nintendon't

20181201-172502.jpg

This is the cutsom Snifit I made out of an extra Shy Guy.

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly Fortnite addiction is worse than heroine. And gets people hooked at a younger age.
Im still amazed they haven't gone after a food promotion which would probably get kids like crazy.
At the very least a shield potion or Slurp Juice soda or some type of juice in special packaging.
or that Mountain Dew hasn't done it themselves.

Not that im complaining, would be terrible for kids.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Im still amazed they haven't gone after a food promotion which would probably get kids like crazy.
At the very least a shield potion or Slurp Juice soda or some type of juice in special packaging.
or that Mountain Dew hasn't done it themselves.

Not that im complaining, would be terrible for kids.

What would be the point? Kids are so busy playing Fortnite that they forget to eat.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Went to the Bluefin Sidewalk Sale to see what they had. Ended up buying these. Need to save up more money for their Spring Sale now.

YNg29mx.jpg

These too. Super Samurai Figuarts was only $50. Masked Rider Meteor was only $2.

zu4rQ62.jpg

Then I went back the next day to get some Sailor Scouts. They were sold out of Sailor Moon though. Doh.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Went to the Bluefin Sidewalk Sale to see what they had. Ended up buying these. Need to save up more money for their Spring Sale now.

YNg29mx.jpg

These too. Super Samurai Figuarts was only $50. Masked Rider Meteor was only $2.

zu4rQ62.jpg

Then I went back the next day to get some Sailor Scouts. They were sold out of Sailor Moon though. Doh.

Saw a guy post on reddit get Beelzemon D-Arts for $40! I pretty much paid double for mine used which is still a pretty good price

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My World of Nintendo 2.5" display with an assist from GoodSmile.

20181204-162426.jpg

Notably missing Wario and Waluigi, although I think Waluigi sucks.

Some of my 2.5" I display with the 4" line because I feel they fit the scale better. Chain Chomp, Spike Shell, MK8 Bullet Bill, Baby Yoshis, alternate Bob-omb, extra Goomba. Missing Blooper and Boo, never seen either.

I also have a bunch of the alternate Mario and Luigi 2.5" figures but displaying them all was too cluttered. May just keep them in a box or use them for other diorama displays.

20181204-163955.jpg

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He just came into being because Wario didn't have his Luigi equivalent
Still, Wa-Luigi? That's not the same as flipping the M upside down.

His name should be Wuigi, if anything.

It does...but only in Japanese.

"His name is a portmanteau of Luigi's name and the Japanese adjective warui (悪い) meaning "bad"; hence, a "bad Luigi"."

Stolen from Wikipedia.

Wario's name is a good Japanese pun

Waluigi is a bad one. It's not even a pun.

It's funny cuz Wario is my favorite Mario character and Waluigi is my least liked. I used to be merely indifferent until he became a meme epidemic.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Another surprise solicitation from Mezco.
Early-2000s Cable, complete with Psimitar?
Bet you didn't see that one coming.

Also, their wonderfully weird take on Popeye started shipping a few days ago. I'm surprised that there haven't been reviews yet.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
My World of Nintendo 2.5" display with an assist from GoodSmile.

20181204-162426.jpg

Notably missing Wario and Waluigi, although I think Waluigi sucks.

Some of my 2.5" I display with the 4" line because I feel they fit the scale better. Chain Chomp, Spike Shell, MK8 Bullet Bill, Baby Yoshis, alternate Bob-omb, extra Goomba. Missing Blooper and Boo, never seen either.

I also have a bunch of the alternate Mario and Luigi 2.5" figures but displaying them all was too cluttered. May just keep them in a box or use them for other diorama displays.

20181204-163955.jpg
Very nice!

I just redid my display last night, so here it is. I don't have too many 2.5" figures myself. Mostly just whichever ones fit in with the 4" ones.
Qa2niYo.jpg

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know what to do with these so I turned them into magnets. Pretty happy with that result.
20181207-014004.jpg

[Edit - made some more magnets :)]
20181206-170608.jpg

Very easy, very cheap way to display these in a way that looks nice and makes them practical.

You can buy a 6 pack of these little ceramic magnets for $2 anywhere and they're quite strong. All you need is a glue gun or some super glue and voila!

Got 8-bit Toad, DK and Link coming in the mail to round it off. Too bad there's no Samus!

There's an 8-Bit Goomba but it must be pretty rare because I can't find one for less than $20 and I won't pay that so :P

apiu688py__38858.1518217838.jpg

I have a bunch of these WON Mario Kart toys, too, and I don't know what to do with them either so I think I'm going to turn my fridge into a Mario Kart track.

18a05e15-e91c-40df-a194-89e892923871_1.c49df7b6b7386ddb4142058e7270cbe9.jpeg

I'm trying to find fridge magnets in the shape of race track pieces that can be moved around to create your own track. This exists but the scale is too small for the Mario Kart racers.

FormulaFride-detail_grande_bc678ca0-cb1a-4c3c-89e3-f53684627ac7.png

FF-track-sq.jpg

If anyone knows where I can order something similar online please let me know!

I imagine kids would find re-arranging the track and playing with the racers to be highly entertaining.
Very nice!

I just redid my display last night, so here it is. I don't have too many 2.5" figures myself. Mostly just whichever ones fit in with the 4" ones.
Qa2niYo.jpg
Oh sweet, you have some rare ones I'm still chasing!

I really want the Bowser Jr. w/ Bob-omb because his Bob is much better scaled for the 2.5 line.

I was thinking about using that Amiibo stand myself but it's quite big!

I love that 6" Bowser toy. Such a satisfyingly hefty chunk of plastic.

I actually didn't know there was a 3.25" Goomba until last night. So now I have to get that shit too.

08d4d06fd4eccab2d231578a690ff61b.jpg

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ham does what World of Nintendon't

Just finished making this Para-Goomba. Easy-peasy. 2.5" Goomba + 2.5" Para-Troopa Wings (although I think the 3.25" version's wings might be even better in hindsight. Most key art shows the wings being bigger). Used a candle to heat up a big nail and made two holes in the back like the ones on the Koopa.

If you have a spare set of Koopa Troopa wings because you aren't displaying them on a Green Shell this is a no-brainer mod

20181207-013116.jpg
20181207-013031.jpg
20181207-012950.jpg

20181207-012850.jpg

I'll probably smooth down the whitened edges of the holes because they bother me, but once I get a 3.25" Red Troopa I'll be swapping out these wings with the Green's so I'll have to widen the holes a little more anyway.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
This is my first Amazing Yamaguchi figure, and even though the joints are insane, Psylocke looks pretty great.
BjMHJ4O.png

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
This is my first Amazing Yamaguchi figure, and even though the joints are insane, Psylocke looks pretty great.
BjMHJ4O.png

Hair looks pretty cool. Wonder if this will be one of the last Asian Psylocke figures made.

Bought one figure last month, the Tung Mung Not-Omnimon X. Not a flawless figure but it's still pretty good and will probably be the only hig-end version of this character made for a good while.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/7828/figma+Pharah.html

FXzZP55.png

m5MsSGz.png

QRTp2z9.png

NZp3GZ3.png

h1dCpDE.png

0ODfand.png

Oh sweet, you have some rare ones I'm still chasing!

I really want the Bowser Jr. w/ Bob-omb because his Bob is much better scaled for the 2.5 line.

I was thinking about using that Amiibo stand myself but it's quite big!

I love that 6" Bowser toy. Such a satisfyingly hefty chunk of plastic.

I actually didn't know there was a 3.25" Goomba until last night. So now I have to get that shit too.
Which ones are rare? I just buy whatever I see in stores, and I don't know much about rarity. Oh, yeah, I also have the 8-bit Mario and Bowser two-pack from Walgreens.

I found the Bowser Jr. at a Target (or was it a Walmart or Toys "R" Us?) a few months ago, I think. I know there's also the other version with the paint brush, but I'm not sure if I saw that in stores or not.

The amiibo stand is great. I got mine for maybe $6 or so late last year at GameStop while I was getting an extra Switch controller. Love it. My older brother also got one later.

I just got the Bowser recently at GameStop in the Bowser's Lava Battle Playset. Definitely one of my favorite figures now.

Last edited:

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/7828/figma+Pharah.html

FXzZP55.png

m5MsSGz.png

QRTp2z9.png

NZp3GZ3.png

h1dCpDE.png

0ODfand.png

Which ones are rare? I just buy whatever I see in stores, and I don't know much about rarity. Oh, yeah, I also have the 8-bit Mario and Bowser two-pack from Walgreens.

I found the Bowser Jr. at a Target (or was it a Walmart or Toys "R" Us?) a few months ago, I think. I know there's also the other version with the paint brush, but I'm not sure if I saw that in stores or not.

The amiibo stand is great. I got mine for maybe $6 or so late last year at GameStop while I was getting an extra Switch controller. Love it. My older brother also got one later.

I just got the Bowser recently at GameStop in the Bowser's Lava Battle Playset. Definitely one of my favorite figures now.
They should stop showing and start shipping. I now have 3 times as many Overwatch figma pre-ordered as I do in hand.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I did it, Action Figure ERA. I dropped a few hundred on an action figure. I'm one of you now.

Nice pick up! I was pretty tempted by him but there were so many expensive toys to buy during his release period (plus I'm not 100% with the design) so I skipped him. Might get hteir Star Saber, though.

23-36.jpg

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Nice pick up! I was pretty tempted by him but there were so many expensive toys to buy during his release period (plus I'm not 100% with the design) so I skipped him. Might get hteir Star Saber, though.

23-36.jpg
God he looks gorgeous as well. Did Chemical Attack also design this dude? His and Tarn's proportions look fucking delicious.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I canceled my Mezco Hulk preorder. The final product is fucking trash all around.
The Figuarts has great articulation but looks bad so I'm not going to order that instead.
I planned on selling the ML one when my Mezco order came in. It's one of the worst ML MCU figures in a long time. I'll probably sell it anyway and just not have a gladiator Hulk.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
I canceled my Mezco Hulk preorder. The final product is fucking trash all around.
The Figuarts has great articulation but looks bad so I'm not going to order that instead.
I planned on selling the ML one when my Mezco order came in. It's one of the worst ML MCU figures in a long time. I'll probably sell it anyway and just not have a gladiator Hulk.

There's the Hot Toys version... ;)

dangeROSS

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know what to do with these so I turned them into magnets. Pretty happy with that result.
20181207-014004.jpg

[Edit - made some more magnets :)]
20181206-170608.jpg

Very easy, very cheap way to display these in a way that looks nice and makes them practical.

You can buy a 6 pack of these little ceramic magnets for $2 anywhere and they're quite strong. All you need is a glue gun or some super glue and voila!

I have a bunch of these WON Mario Kart toys, too, and I don't know what to do with them either so I think I'm going to turn my fridge into a Mario Kart track.

I'm trying to find fridge magnets in the shape of race track pieces that can be moved around to create your own track. This exists but the scale is too small for the Mario Kart racers.

FormulaFride-detail_grande_bc678ca0-cb1a-4c3c-89e3-f53684627ac7.png

Very cool. I recently got turned onto the whole idea of using magnets for things as well. I had been pondering forever about having a good way to display a lot at once and came up with a decent solution I think.

Got some nice display cabinets cheap off of craigslist and then added some painted sheet metal into them to use as magnetic surface. Bought a bunch of these magnetic display hooks and got a really cool setup as a result.

Lq0ij68.jpg

GiQRImx.jpg

xRp86RU.jpg

This allows for easily changeable displays which is something I also really wanted. Plus - combine them with a whiteboard and some markers, and you can make some cool setups.

2M6WiHO.jpg

Q0Dk7H3.jpg

Eb2bYxy.jpg

dangeROSS

Oct 28, 2017
They are from a company called Blazon Displays. They have three different sizes. I highly recommend them if you are interested in displaying things like that.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Black Series Archive Collection pre-orders are live.
I ordered all of them except Boba Fett.
Yes, even the grossly-undersized IG-88. Better than nothing.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what this thing is but it's pretty cool

Wait.....is this vore?

That's Tesarus from the IDW Transformers comics. Character never got an official figure (and probably never will) so third party toy makers are filling the hole (hyuck hyuck). Interesting that they went with Arcee as the victim since those two characters never met >.>

The one you linked is by Iron Factory and is pretty small as the company specializes in smaller scale figures. Mastermind Creations are also making one that's larger but it still has a way to go before being ready for release.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hello. New to this thread. Is there a website that fixes or repairs mecha figures? My Sentinel Dancouga broke its Arm on the shoulder joint area

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Hello. New to this thread. Is there a website that fixes or repairs mecha figures? My Sentinel Dancouga broke its Arm on the shoulder joint area

That sucks, dude.
Never heard of a website dedicated to this, but maybe you can contact some of kitbashers at TFW2005 and other sites and see if they're willing to take a look at your item and fix it.

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
OH NO

Mattel Inc. extended its longest streak of daily declines since 2015 after Goldman Sachs analysts cut estimates following the toymaker's loss of licensing for certain DC Comics products, including boys' action toys.

Spin Master Corp. will be the new licensee for DC in the boy's action category, remote control and robotic vehicles, water toys and games and puzzles, displacing Mattel. The three-year global agreement with Warner Bros. begins in Spring of 2020. Mattel will be keeping some of its licensing rights, including for preschool and girls' toys, Goldman analyst Michael Ng said in a note to clients.

Ng expects Mattel to "aggressively pursue" new licenses, noting that Hasbro Inc.'s licenses to Marvel and Star Wars toys expire in 2020.