• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd never heard of Spin Master until this story. I'm curious why they got it and not a bigger name. Did WB not want to go back to Hasbro? Or did no one else want it that much?

I've not collected action figures for about 10 years now but I remember how excited I was when DC Universe Classics started. It's the end of a big era for DC toys. Did the Four Horseman still sculpt the various lines that came after Universe Classics?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
To me, the line was dead after DC Universe Classics died. The sculpts didn't seem to be all that great, and it was almost impossible to find complete lines anyway. Plus DC Direct did a line at a different scale, then killed that line and relaunched it another scale, and now who knows.

Like I really wanted to get the Cassie Wondergirl and it just looked terrible every time I picked it up in the store.

I mean, I'm familiar with Spinmasters but I can't think of a single action figure line they designed.

Oct 25, 2017
tron_basic_set_of_6.jpg

Spin Masters

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
Hi all ! :) Bought my first NECA (Albino) Alien figure this month and I LOVE IT !
IMG_3181.png

A few days later, I also bought Mantis Alien, Gorilla Alien, Alien Queen en still waiting for 2 more deliveries, lol.
But I have question, at the moment I bought all figures at ebay, but what's the best place to pre-order NECA figures that ship to Europe (Belgium) ?
Also, any suggestions which holders to buy to display these wonferful things ? :)

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't get to watch Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse yet, so I came up with the second best thing.

48426733_101558650372vkcc1.jpg

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get to watch Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse yet, so I came up with the second best thing.

Really nice. I recently said I don't collect toys anymore but I forgot about those, earlier this year I started getting the WoN Marios. I still need the propeller, Gold, and Fire ones. I've also thought about getting a second Ice ball and normal and swap the heads to make an original Mario with the red overalls and blue shirt. The blue is a bit lighter than it should be but it works well enough.

I was really disappointed in the Odyssey one though; I really thought there would be something in Cappy to help him fit around the finger instead of just hanging there.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Hi all ! :) Bought my first NECA (Albino) Alien figure this month and I LOVE IT !

A few days later, I also bought Mantis Alien, Gorilla Alien, Alien Queen en still waiting for 2 more deliveries, lol.
But I have question, at the moment I bought all figures at ebay, but what's the best place to pre-order NECA figures that ship to Europe (Belgium) ?
Also, any suggestions which holders to buy to display these wonferful things ? :)
Have you seen this one yet? It's the Mafex Big Chap, 8" tall, available for preorder right now, out in June or July. Looks to be the best sculpt of the Giger version yet.

44685090510_1cb9dbd679_b.jpg

44685090530_be1004508f_b.jpg

44685090550_7af46faf7c_b.jpg

Last edited:

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Anyone else picked up any of the Mortal Kombat line by Storm Collectibles? Kinda kicking myself for getting in to them this late as Shao Kahn and Goro are great and got them over the holidays, but trying to track down Scorpion and Sub Zero for a decent price is nigh impossible.

I preordered the Mondo MOTU stuff over the weekend. Skeletor's box art is looking stellar and I'm excited these guys will actually be released "soon". lol

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
IMG_3181.png

I'm a big fan of NECA and their ALIEN line! Got the Brown and Blue Ultimate Xeno Warriors for Christmas. I don't know what the shipping cost is to Belgium but Kapow Toys (UK) have the Hadleys Hope Burke/Concept Alien 2 pack on offer at the moment (I just ordered it myself having missed it first time around)
https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/neca-aliens-hadley-s-hope-burke-xenomorph-2-pack-5902.html

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen this one yet? It's the Mafex Big Chap, 8" tall, available for preorder right now, out in June or July. Looks to be the best sculpt of the Giger version yet.

44685090510_1cb9dbd679_b.jpg

44685090530_be1004508f_b.jpg

44685090550_7af46faf7c_b.jpg
Ahh, maybe a bit too pricey for me.

I love the Big Chap design, though. And my Neca Big Chap took a dive, popped off both his feet, and then my wife awakened in the dark night, saw one of the feet on the floor, thought it was a random cat poop, and flushed it. So I need a new Big Chap...

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I really like the Neca Big Chap re-release version.
Aliens_zpsse1h9ixk.jpg

f96e8551-ec2a-44a2-803d-4879b6919103_zpsrnj7gwcg.jpg

Edit- THErest, that sucks. Yeah, not terribly stable, these guys.
I love the original design, not really a fan of any of the subsequent designs. The warrior from Aliens is alright, but they're all missing the crazy Gger biomechanical look. They are went more fleshy and organic after that.
I was really bummed by the design in Covenant, missed opportunity IMO to bridge it back to the original.

Last edited:

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
I'm a big fan of NECA and their ALIEN line! Got the Brown and Blue Ultimate Xeno Warriors for Christmas. I don't know what the shipping cost is to Belgium but Kapow Toys (UK) have the Hadleys Hope Burke/Concept Alien 2 pack on offer at the moment (I just ordered it myself having missed it first time around)
https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/neca-aliens-hadley-s-hope-burke-xenomorph-2-pack-5902.html

Thanks for the link! I was looking for a place where I could pre-order the upcoming arcade edition aliens and even with the 10 pound shipping, it's still cheaper than other places :)

While we're on the subject

I already have a simular figurine from McFarlane, but this one looks so much beter. Can't wait to buy the newborn too, it's not my favorite alien design, but I really want it for my collection :)

I really like the Neca Big Chap re-release version.
damnnn, NECA is really on fire lately

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
via Stonekeung01, Toysdaily mod

From left to right: 1/60 Arcadia, 1/48 YAMATO, DX superalloy
Mho73Sf.jpg

Touch and Try vid:

Last edited:

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The VF-1J is simply timeless. I have loved that design ever since I was a kid and it still holds up today.

Is there a "best" version I should get that isn't absurdly expensive?

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
Hi guys, I wanted to share something I made :) The last couple of days I was looking for some kind of shelf or glass case to display my xenomorph action figures. But I couldn't find anything that I liked, so I was thinking of creating something myself. Here is a quick 3D concept of what I'm trying to create. Never created something of this scale (40 x 40 x 120 cm), but it should pose a nice challange for the upcoming days (weeks?).

Alien_shelf_02.jpg

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hi guys, I wanted to share something I made :) The last couple of days I was looking for some kind of shelf or glass case to display my xenomorph action figures. But I couldn't find anything that I liked, so I was thinking of creating something myself. Here is a quick 3D concept of what I'm trying to create. Never created something of this scale (40 x 40 x 120 cm), but it should pose a nice challange for the upcoming days (weeks?).

Alien_shelf_02.jpg

Heh. Making something like that was actually on my to-do list for the next year.
You can use brass tubing if you want perfectly formed pipes and cables.

Oct 26, 2017
IMG_3181.png

Have you checked Space Oddity in Amsterdam? They have all kinds of figures and it's sort of close.

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
Have you checked Space Oddity in Amsterdam? They have all kinds of figures and it's sort of close.

Just checked the website, seems like a cool store, but not a single NECA Xenomorph sadly. I know that we also have 2 fairly famous action figure stores in Belgium, one in Antwerp, one in Ghent, but they both have a very small selection of NECA products.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The VF-1J is simply timeless. I have loved that design ever since I was a kid and it still holds up today.

Is there a "best" version I should get that isn't absurdly expensive?
what's your price range?

the dx bandai that just came out was 173 shipped on preorder night. i doubt it can be found anymore at that price. expect to pay about 250 or more.
this mold is prob the ultimate version with the arcadia 1/60 close behind. they cost about the same but the dx is much larger at 1/48 scale and better articulation.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
David, if they do another one of these can you post about it when the pre-orders are going up?
I'd take any of them. Of the ones that are left, a VF-1S in Skull livery would be ideal.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
David, if they do another one of these can you post about it when the pre-orders are going up?
I'd take any of them. Of the ones that are left, a VF-1S in Skull livery would be ideal.
no problem!
VF-1S will come out for sure! they just launched this line 2 days ago, this is the first release.

You bought that giant? I resisted, i have so many fucking VF-1's i couldn't justify it
it was 173 shipped from amazon japan. i think it's totally worth it for the price.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
no problem!
VF-1S will come out for sure! they just launched this line 2 days ago, this is the first release.

Plus, that design is like the easiest to make variants of, considering you just need a new head and maybe a variant paint job. Then when everyone bought all the variants it's time for super packs (have they announced super packs yet?)

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Taking Diggeh's advice to heart and buying all the things, I see.
lol Freezy, i bought 3 copies! one for each mode =) man you should get one too in the future. Xam and Hal got one.
Plus, that design is like the easiest to make variants of, considering you just need a new head and maybe a variant paint job. Then when everyone bought all the variants it's time for super packs (have they announced super packs yet?)
no super packs announced yet but they announced selling missiles (yes missiles every other valk normally comes with lol) for 40 bucks.
Bandai milking everyone constantly.