• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
David, if they do another one of these can you post about it when the pre-orders are going up?
I'd take any of them. Of the ones that are left, a VF-1S in Skull livery would be ideal.
Bandai dx vf-1j is back up on amazon for 25000yen plus 1200 shipping. (says 27000 but there's no tax which equals 25,000yen)

Hlj pre-order was 18000 plus 4690 shipping so that's a decent price.

Oct 26, 2017
Just checked the website, seems like a cool store, but not a single NECA Xenomorph sadly. I know that we also have 2 fairly famous action figure stores in Belgium, one in Antwerp, one in Ghent, but they both have a very small selection of NECA products.

Is the one in Gent the one connected to the cinema complex? Because I was pretty surprised to see a well stocked (but fairly random) selection of figures and stuff at a "random" movie theatre when I visited some time ago.

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
Is the one in Gent the one connected to the cinema complex? Because I was pretty surprised to see a well stocked (but fairly random) selection of figures and stuff at a "random" movie theatre when I visited some time ago.

I was talking about store in Dampoort, I visited it a couple of times a few years ago, great selection of hot toys, but only a handful of NECA toys. I was looking for a website, but it seems the store has been closed for good in the mean :/

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bpbbnBOl.jpg

opened it up and swooshed it around =)

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Sentinel's Riobot Getter 1 from Getter Robo Devolution is out at HLJ, Ami, etc. Looks really cool.

FIGURE-041297_06.jpg

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Since I got Starlink on the Switch, I decided to do this photo. Don't know how anyone's supposed to fit inside this particular Arwing, though.

img_4175aietz.jpg

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
BBTS received a bunch of old Matty Collector stock including SDCC exclusive stuff and is running a sale for anyone interested?
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Theme=15897&PageSize=100?utm_source=youtube&utm_campaign=Mandalorian30&fbclid=IwAR3CPtbN1b6TNll5a8WTd3oubdtf19AKhVq5Y6mEFQRGCnOS7jdZJ1MQYBk

Since I'm jumping in to collect some MOTU stuff, I picked up a few things including the Horde trooper, Saurod and wall displays among others. lol

Oh wow I might have to get those Watchmen figures

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
BBTS received a bunch of old Matty Collector stock including SDCC exclusive stuff and is running a sale for anyone interested?
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Sear...l5a8WTd3oubdtf19AKhVq5Y6mEFQRGCnOS7jdZJ1MQYBk

Since I'm jumping in to collect some MOTU stuff, I picked up a few things including the Horde trooper, Saurod and wall displays among others. lol

I was looking at that earlier today because it was on the front page of BBTS. I can't believe how much of that MOTU stuff has sold out already.
Speaking of sales, I ordered the MAFEX Bane for cheap today.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I was looking at that earlier today because it was on the front page of BBTS. I can't believe how much of that MOTU stuff has sold out already.
Speaking of sales, I ordered the MAFEX Bane for cheap today.

Yikes you wasn't kidding. lol

I heard about it when Pixel Dan tweeted about it and made a point to mention how the SDCC exclusives were a good get as well as the weapons rack for Grayskull. Glad I got my orders in!

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Thanks for sharing :) Really like the sculp of the Snake Alien, just wish they give it a different paintjob, the bronze color on its head looks like some kind of helmet.

I am curious to see how well this thing stands on its tail lol. Do love the look of the Scorpion Alien (Probably one of my fave variants!)

On the subject of Alien, Randy tweeted out this morning that they've got a few surprises for the 40th anniversary this year...

I'm thinking we'll get an 'Ultimate' Big Chap. Maybe some kind of deluxe set with a diorama piece

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
I am curious to see how well this thing stands on its tail lol. Do love the look of the Scorpion Alien (Probably one of my fave variants!)

Well I had the original Kenner Snake alien and it had no problems standing on its tail, so I don't except any problems here :) To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with the Scorpion Alien. I know they try to stay faithful to the original Kenner line, but it's just so uninspiring. The Mantis Alien really looks like a Mantis, same goes for the Gorilla and Snake, But this one is just a regular drone alien with a few extra spikes.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I get what you mean about the Scorpion Alien, but I loved it when I was younger. It does look like a variant of a warrior alien, but we really didn't have that many good warrior alien figures back then.
I'll pick that up for sure. And hunt down an old version too.

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017

Here's a couple shots of Snake Alien out of the packaging. Unless there's some real trickery involved, seems like he has no problem standing.

gallery1.jpg

gallery2.jpg

gallery6.jpg

Does the new Scorpion Alien still have the exploding torso action of the original? I'm assuming not.

NECA didn't do action features for their Kenner Predators. Doubt they would start with their Aliens.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That Kenner-style Apone is reminding me that we'll never get a movie Apone.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Apologies for the MOTU spam in my recent posts, it's been kinda my jam these past couple weeks that I'm sorta getting back into and collecting...lol

...and Super 7 just announced Wave 4 for Club Grayskull with orders opening up tomorrow at 1pm PST.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Picked these two up at Target.

NJboKOD.jpg

I like that they both have articulated jaws.

snUiPAy.jpg

n6SKafH.jpg
Hey! I just picked both of these up yesterday, too!

I had to go to 2 Targets, the closer only had the prior wave. The second Target had 2x Parabones and 2x Piranha Plant but zero Fire Bros. I can't imagine someone *just* picking up Fire Bro seeing as it's a recolor of an overstocked toy. All the Meijers in my area have about 10x each of Hammer Bro (and Iggy, Metal and Racoon Mario). It's so bad I fear they won't be keeping up on new waves.

Also went to two Walmarts but no luck with the new 2.5" wave. They actually seemed to have scaled down the presence of the WON figures at checkout.

According to this Gamestop document posted on the WON subreddit, 2019 should bring:

4" Parabones w/ Throwing Bone (??)
4" Goomba reprint
4" Lakitu reprint
4" Samus Gravity Suit

And Fire Bro is coming there too, although apparently Gamestop won't be getting Piranha Plant or the Luigi reprint. This selective stocking has happened before at GS with WON.

Apologies for the MOTU spam in my recent posts, it's been kinda my jam these past couple weeks that I'm sorta getting back into and collecting...lol

...and Super 7 just announced Wave 4 for Club Grayskull with orders opening up tomorrow at 1pm PST.

I don't give a shit about He-Man but I want that Shadow Weaver

Edit: $50??

I guess I would have known that if I knew anything about these toys. Woof, tho.

Last edited:

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
figma Widowmaker looks pretty great.
eg0YsN3.png

I really like the contrast of the metallic and matte surfaces.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I don't give a shit about He-Man but I want that Shadow Weaver

Edit: $50??

I guess I would have known that if I knew anything about these toys. Woof, tho.

Well in a set they're only $35 a piece but if there's only 1 or 2 you're interested in then it doesn't justify the price. Sadly BBTS throw an upcharge on the individual figures and I'm kinda in the same boat: I'm more interested in Shadow Weaver and Prince Adam than the rest to justify the $210 set tag.

Shadow Weaver also has a stand for it to "float" that's not included in the description.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well in a set they're only $35 a piece but if there's only 1 or 2 you're interested in then it doesn't justify the price. Sadly BBTS throw an upcharge on the individual figures and I'm kinda in the same boat: I'm more interested in Shadow Weaver and Prince Adam than the rest to justify the $210 set tag.

Shadow Weaver also has a stand for it to "float" that's not included in the description.

Is their shipping cheaper per figure if you order several? I went to their site to order the laughing Adam last summer. Then I saw how much they were going to add for shipping and went "Naw, fuck that.".

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Is their shipping cheaper per figure if you order several? I went to their site to order the laughing Adam last summer. Then I saw how much they were going to add for shipping and went "Naw, fuck that.".

On BBTS? I thought it was $4 flat rate shipping and you could use the pile of loot feature to save multiple figs for combined shipping?

I have the Ultimate Filmation He-Man and Skeletor on pre-order there along with the matty collector sale stuff with the $4 shipping.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
On BBTS? I thought it was $4 flat rate shipping and you could use the pile of loot feature to save multiple figs for combined shipping?

I have the Ultimate Filmation He-Man and Skeletor on pre-order there along with the matty collector sale stuff with the $4 shipping.

No, I meant Super 7. I missed the BBTS part.
This was before that figure was on BBTS. Actually at the time they made it sound like it would only be on Super 7 and at SDCC, but that wasn't the case.
BBTS has cheap shipping, but they also charge $15 more for the figure I wanted to buy. ($50 vs $35)

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018
Hello peeps! Glad to see a toy thread that's not flooded with karate bugmen figures.
Anyone got any preorders they're looking forward to?

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Hello peeps! Glad to see a toy thread that's not flooded with karate bugmen figures.

I typically collect DC/Marvel 1/6th scale figures/statues and bigger. Here's four of what I look forward to most this year.

Sideshow's Thor (Breaker of Brimstone) Premium Format

marvel-thor-breaker-of-brimestone-premium-format-figure-sideshow-silo-3006731.png

Hot Toys' The Joker 1/4th Scale

dc-comics-the-dark-knight-the-joker-quarter-scale-hot-toys-903126-22.jpg

Hot Toys' Justice League Superman 1/6th Scale

dc-comics-justice-league-superman-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903116-26.jpg

Hot Toys' Darth Maul 1/6th Scale

star-wars-darth-maul-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903853-014.jpg

I might try and swing for the fences and get my grail piece this year but I'll need to purchase some new cabinets so I can store/display it properly.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
No, I meant Super 7. I missed the BBTS part.
This was before that figure was on BBTS. Actually at the time they made it sound like it would only be on Super 7 and at SDCC, but that wasn't the case.
BBTS has cheap shipping, but they also charge $15 more for the figure I wanted to buy. ($50 vs $35)

Oooh gotcha. Yeah apologies, I've never ordered from the Super 7 store before so I don't have any answers there sadly.

Just these guys...
sdcc-2016-mondo-display-026_full.jpg

And these...
Ultimate-Club-Grayskull.png

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
So is all of this Masters of the Universe stuff all pulled from the original series?

I know I watched and loved that as a kid, but I swear I don't recognize like 60% of these figures.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
So is all of this Masters of the Universe stuff all pulled from the original series?

I know I watched and loved that as a kid, but I swear I don't recognize like 60% of these figures.

Yep. lol A lot of characters got introduced in the minicomics that accompanied the figures and as a result would show up in an episode or two in the series.

These Club Grayskull figures seem to be pulling directly from both animated series too based on the 4 waves so far.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what's the best way to avoid getting a bootleg on eBay?

I know, in general, China is a red flag by default and I know "no box" is practically a guaranteed bootleg.

But what if, say, the price isn't "too good to be true" and it does have a box but still ships from China? And do bootlegs ship from Japan as well?