• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Black Series Archive Collection arrived today. (minus Boba Fett, which I have no use for since I have both MAFEX versions)
It's a real letdown. Luke and Bossk both have right legs that are very noticeably longer than their left legs. And IG-88's size bothers me more in person. IG-88's articulation is terrible, but I can't really fault it there because the actual prop couldn't move at all.

Last edited:

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
The Black Series Archive Collection arrived today. (minus Boba Fett, which I have no use for since I have both MAFEX versions)
It's a real letdown. Luke and Bossk both have right legs that are very noticeably longer than their left legs. And IG-88's size bothers me more in person. IG-88's articulation is terrible, but I can't really fault it there because the actual prop couldn't move at all.

WTF?

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
I'm still waiting for my Black Series archive wave to arrive (UK). I believe they're due to arrive next week. Missed out on these figures first around, so looking forward to adding them to my Black Series collection, shame about the issues though. I have to confess, watching some review video's, IG88 is more articulated than I was expecting given the design/sculpt

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Posted in the Jurassic Park thread but thought id put it here too. Going to review Jurassic Park toys from my collection for fun. Always wanted to try something like this but never could find the time. Will try to have a new episode every week, might be a few weeks before I post the first (School and setting things up still).

Made a quick intro video, I'm going for Lost World/Warpath: Jurassic Park vibes with the tone.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Whoa, VTS is doing Arthur Morgan from RDR2.
49914714_2334839830129020_5113494157452640256_n.jpg

Their Wasteland Ranger, aka Max from Mad Max Fury Road is among my favorite 1/6 figures.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
As much as I disliked the movie (one half of it anyway) and passed on the ultimate fugitive, im getting seriously tempted by the 'Thermal Vision' Predator figure from NECA

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Contemplating getting some Fortnite figures because they're the closest to getting GI Joes for the foreseeable future and that upsets me greatly.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have the Articulated Icons white ninja with the arm pack. That's probably the closest thing to a 6" Joe. There are some custom soft goods to make some other figures. The Mezco Captain America figures were getting clearanced out some places a while back and people were using them to make Dukes. Those are pretty expensive again now so they don't make the best custom fodder.

Also, I hate buying from scalpers, but I caved and bought the Marvel Legends Thing for $33 shipped. The stress of trying to find that stupid thing probably took a year off of my life.

lurksalot

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Do we have a dedicated buy/sell/trade action figure thread? There are some things I need help locating (Walgreens exclusives) that aren't at any of the stores around me in the Midwest, but people on the East and West coast are finding.

lurksalot

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I'm looking for Walgreens exclusive Marvel Minimates 2-packs Series 9, any help would be greatly appreciated. People started finding them last summer, but they aren't anywhere in Michigan yet.

Diamond-Select-Toys-Marvel-Animated-Minimates-Series-9.jpg

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Congrats! That figure owns so much and the flickering LED in the pumpkin is a great bonus.

They just revealed the packaging and accessories for Laurie Strode today too and she looks great! Crazy to see we're getting a Laurie figure. lol
Yeah just it on my Twitter feed, she looks great! cant wait to pick it up to go with my Myers : )

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
So for MOTU, Club Grayskull Wave 3 and the Filmation Ultimates He-Man and Skeletor are hitting retailers. There's a store based in Europe who uploaded a video of the figure shipments. Looking good!

Hopefully BBTS get their stock and begin shipping next week!

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Man, my Ultimate He-Man and Skeletor still haven't shipped... should I contact Super7 or just continue to be patient?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Man, my Ultimate He-Man and Skeletor still haven't shipped... should I contact Super7 or just continue to be patient?

Which? The CG Filmation ones? They've only just started hitting some retailer folks, as in yesterday and today. Likely won't be shipping wide until next week?

Here's a look at them in hand and the account has images of CG Wave 3 too.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Bring Arts Neku:
eIBEkYI.png

The wrist joints are way too stiff for such tiny arms, but otherwise it's a solid figure.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When I went to give feedback after my ML Thing came I noticed that eBay had dropped my rating to 0.0%. Apparently it's because I went too long without selling something and I can get it back by selling one item. But who the hell would buy something from someone with a bunch of transactions and 0.0% positive feedback?

Great figure, btw.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
These look rad! More details? I figure they're Bandai Chogokin, but that's all I can suss out.

First one is the DX Chogokin VF-31E Chuck Mustang. Preorders open within 8 hours at sites like HLJ and Amiami. It will release in July for 23,760 yen.

Second one is the SOul of Chogokin God Mars Popy version. Same timing as the above, but the price is 30,240 yen.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Hmm apparently the Mondo MOTU 1/6 figures, specifically He-Man arrived at Sideshow and should be shipping now!

I haven't received any notice though but wondering if anyone here ordered the figure and from there?

Oct 27, 2017
Its a display piece for 1/6 scale figures ect or you can play it yourself and two players at that. There is a video in the link that explains it.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Bought this for 30 dollars at Big Bad. It's GI Joe 1/18 scale and I'm hoping it looks remotely like this. You never know with promo photos.

3e3e04f1-1705-44d1-a434-8a3fd99a947e.jpg

506b34ae-3d84-45e5-a911-fb73ffad1474.jpg

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/78811

Couldn't find any YouTube reviews of this figure, was wondering if anyone knows anything about JoyToy's Dark Source brand. They look amazing but can't find much reviews. Guess I'll find out soon.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
What are you folks hoping to see at Toy Fair? I'm mostly a NECA and Hasbro Star Wars Black Series/Vintage Collection collector myself, so looking forward to seeing what gets announced this year from both companies. I fear for my wallet as always!

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
When I saw those 1/6 arcade cabs, I had to have them all. Super high quality. Even the trackball feels just like the real thing. It's more of a functional display piece than something I would play. Would be cool if I could wire a bunch together to a power source(runs off of usb connector with battery)
T4qnzfs.jpg

Last edited:

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I kickstarted those arcade games and am really happy with Centipede. Tempest arrives tomorrow but I'm not expecting any problems but I passed on SF as I have an actual full cabinet and I don't think more complex games like that will work too well.

As for Toyfair, I don't buy many figures anymore but am still always excited to see what's revealed. The Overwatch line should be neat, and I always dig what Neca has. And I'll be curious to see how Mattel ends the DC line. Oh, and I'm interested in what Mario variations the World of Nintendo line will show.