• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Yay! My Mondo He-Man shipped from Sideshow. Hopefully it'll arrive for the weekend.

What are you folks hoping to see at Toy Fair? I'm mostly a NECA and Hasbro Star Wars Black Series/Vintage Collection collector myself, so looking forward to seeing what gets announced this year from both companies. I fear for my wallet as always!

NECA for sure, and I don't collect the Turtles but I definitely preordered Shredder today, along with Storm Collectibles and Super7.

I hope someone enquires with Storm about rereleasing Scorpion and Sub Zero but I'm also excited to see the finished prototype for Johnny Cage. With Super7 I'm wondering if Snake Mountain Will show up and if their CC Wave3 is actually the 1987 movie figs.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I just found out that they're finally making an Pokemon Artfx figure for Ethan! Is there a good site that doesn't charge you when you preorder an item and that isn't super expensive? I REALLY want this figure!

artfx-j-pokemon-series-18-scale-prepainted-figure-ethan-with-cyn-581273.15.jpg

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking about selling most or all of my NECA stuff, but I'm also going to buy their 7" turtles at GameStop. /shrug

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
Bought this for 30 dollars at Big Bad. It's GI Joe 1/18 scale and I'm hoping it looks remotely like this. You never know with promo photos.

3e3e04f1-1705-44d1-a434-8a3fd99a947e.jpg

506b34ae-3d84-45e5-a911-fb73ffad1474.jpg

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/78811

Couldn't find any YouTube reviews of this figure, was wondering if anyone knows anything about JoyToy's Dark Source brand. They look amazing but can't find much reviews. Guess I'll find out soon.

This line looks really cool. Pricey, but cool. I only found one Youtube reviewer covering it. When you get him, please post about him.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm about to order the Ethan figure from AmiAmi. I'm still newish to ordering figures from Japan so which one of the following is the cheaper option? Or the safest while still being relatively inexpensive.

EMS
DHL
Air Small Packet
SAL Small Packet (Registered)
SAL Parcel
Air Parcel
Domestic

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Will it arrive safely though? That's also what I'm worried about. I can pay a bit more as long as it doesn't get thrown around during delivery.

I usually do SAL when I order 1 item and EMS when doing multiple items. It's been safe every time and if for some reason something goes wrong, AmiAmi usually has good customer support. You'll get to pick which option you want when it's quoted as well so you don't have to decide right now.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I usually do SAL when I order 1 item and EMS when doing multiple items. It's been safe every time and if for some reason something goes wrong, AmiAmi usually has good customer support. You'll get to pick which option you want when it's quoted as well so you don't have to decide right now.
Okay! I'll do SAL then! Thank you so much!

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's a pre-order countdown on the Mezco site for the Warriors box set. Does that mean it's exclusive?

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I'm tempted, but $200 is a big ask for a 6" figure. Looks awesome, though! How sturdy does it feel?

He's actually almost 8 inches when you measure to the top of the head (h'e meant to scale with 6' figures), and is super bulky. He feels rock solid (pardon the pun) and the joints are tight, but since he's top heavy can't handle some more complex poses, though the big boots do a good job of holding him. One of the most important things to keep in mind is not to get the tunic cought in the belt, waist joint. Still, hes one of the most premium feeling figures I handled, if that makes sense.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
target by me has the whole Marvel Legends Sauron wave on clearance for 10 bucks each. Getting all those figures for 60 bucks plus being able to build Sauron is such a steal. I wish they would have done that with the monster venom wave ughhhh

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's a great deal, but Target clearances are entirely on a per-store basis.
I never saw any of the Monster Venom wave at Target. I have the full Sauron wave, but I paid $88.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm slowly getting back into collecting and wow this wonfes is a killer. More than a few things added to the list.
That Sentinel Tekkaman looks great, all the MHA figures, Sekiro figma, Maria figma, 3A Patlabor, nendo Dio, SAS Kenshiro, SAS Raoh, revoltech Cyclops(looks amazing), revoltech wolverine and probably a whole bunch of other things I'm forgetting.

I need a new job.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't see new Revoltech Cyclops and Wolverine figures.
I did see new MAFEX Cyclops and Wolverine figures, though.

Also, Sentinel gets all of my money.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Sentinel is going to destroy my wallet this year, too. I've been waiting 20+ years for a Legioss toy that doesn't fucking suck.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see new Revoltech Cyclops and Wolverine figures.
I did see new MAFEX Cyclops and Wolverine figures, though.

Also, Sentinel gets all of my money.

Haha yeah I meant Mafex. Not that big a fan of revoltech which is why I'm hype for the mafex wolvie and comic spider-man. Cyclops is the cherry on top.

Sentinel is usually too expensive for me but Tekkaman Blade is part of my childhood and I've always loved the design. Hopefully they do Evil as well.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People are starting to get the Mezco Black Panther. It looks amazing, and they actually put double-jointed elbows on it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm slowly getting back into collecting and wow this wonfes is a killer. More than a few things added to the list.
That Sentinel Tekkaman looks great, all the MHA figures, Sekiro figma, Maria figma, 3A Patlabor, nendo Dio, SAS Kenshiro, SAS Raoh, revoltech Cyclops(looks amazing), revoltech wolverine and probably a whole bunch of other things I'm forgetting..
Yeah, I'm definitely in for all of the MHA figures. Other than that, I'm really only in for the Kotobukiya bishoujos as always, and a few lewds from Rocket Boy and Skytube.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I'm disappointed we didn't hear anything from Volks on their Kaiserin figure at Wonfes, since it's been over a year since we last saw the colored prototype.

e56dddaaa4145dfe5b6fba4911d920e0.jpg

blast0rama

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
Absolutely surreal - McFarlane Toys got the DC Comics license.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...-toys-partnering-for-new-collectibles-in-2020

With New York Toy Fair just around the corner, there a lot of announcements trickling out from the world of toys and collectibles, but here's a doozie:
McFarlane Toys has entered a three-year licensing agreement with Warner Bros. Consumer products to produce collectibles based on the DC Multiverse.
Starting in 2020, McFarlane Toys will begin releasing 6"-12" ultra-posable action figures based on characters from DC's stable of characters from comics, movies, and video games - along with corresponding vehicles and accessories.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017