• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
McF also got Harry Potter as part of the deal too. Hopefully we get more DC stuff than just 2 figures in a couple of years compared to their Star Trek stuff....

Also my Mondo arrived today.
VRdRWPN.jpg

47PfljV.jpg

705T4Uf.jpg
That box is wonderful! i'm a sucker for a good box : )

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting but random as fuck, this is what happens when you want the toy out as soon as possible, even if the characters you want toys for aren't done being designed.

Initial Voyager and Leader class Grimlock from Age of Extinction
Both are actually based on an earlier work in progress concept, where the design lacked most of the detailing (which seemed to make him look more like a knight than the final version), had blue eyes and a less detailed dino form.

uVYoPl7.jpg
CgUBwzk.png

What we got on film however was very different, sans the general shape and some other details (like the jowls splitting on each shoulder and the weapons). Eventually we did get a new mold (and coloring) that actually resembles the guy as seen on screen.

But that wasn't until they retooled and released numerous repaints in order to appease the huge outcry for the horrible toy accuracy from the initial toys.

Last edited:

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Bought this for 30 dollars at Big Bad. It's GI Joe 1/18 scale and I'm hoping it looks remotely like this. You never know with promo photos.

3e3e04f1-1705-44d1-a434-8a3fd99a947e.jpg

506b34ae-3d84-45e5-a911-fb73ffad1474.jpg

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/78811

Couldn't find any YouTube reviews of this figure, was wondering if anyone knows anything about JoyToy's Dark Source brand. They look amazing but can't find much reviews. Guess I'll find out soon.
This line looks really cool. Pricey, but cool. I only found one Youtube reviewer covering it. When you get him, please post about him.

So he finally came today. And overall I'm very impressed with the end product. He is NOT a GI Joe in the sense he's gonna be that much durable or meant to be posed for an extended amount of time and all the parts you see had to super glued it onto him and it being 1/18 scale, requires a bit of patience. The unfortunate thing is that I can still smell the paint from the figure on my fingers due a to spending meticulous amounts of time glueing the pieces together, particularly the belt. Not bad for 30 dollars mostly because all the GI Joe figures worth giving a damn about are more or less that price now anyway lol.

NCKdj1S.jpg

Last edited:

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
So he finally came today. And overall I'm very impressed with the end product. He is NOT a GI Joe in the sense he's gonna be that much durable or meant to be posed for an extended amount of time and all the parts you see had to super glued it onto him and it being 1/18 scale, requires a bit of patience. The unfortunate thing is that I can still smell the paint from the figure on my fingers due a to spending meticulous amounts of time glueing the pieces together, particularly the belt. Not bad for 30 dollars mostly because all the GI Joe figures worth giving a damn about are more or less that price now anyway lol.

NCKdj1S.jpg

Very cool looking figure. Not sure how I feel about having to glue pieces on. But I think I can deal with that. I might give them a shot.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool looking figure. Not sure how I feel about having to glue pieces on. But I think I can deal with that. I might give them a shot.

There's notches on the parts that need to be put on so idk if I just had a bad copy, so your mileage may vary I guess. Just be careful I guess.

I might collect more of these also....

That BT rip-off design for 100 is looking VERRRRY interesting to me.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Just announced on Hot Toys' Facebook. Really cool to see them doing more Star Wars characters from the prequels. The likeness to Temuera Morrison is spot on.

51982117_10156058954182344_2141622456455004160_o.jpg

52338434_10156058954277344_4167444979632832512_o.jpg

52510830_10156058953892344_7107278432215498752_o.jpg

51840638_10156058954302344_2155855728965844992_o.jpg

51960920_10156058954892344_8351869433865568256_o.jpg

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Whoa. So is Spin Masters not doing figures after all? The license said boys action catagory, was it just an assumption by everyone that that included figures?. Or will there be three companies making DC figures now?

Also, I had no idea Mattel had fallen to doing this type of stuff:
Toy-Fair-2018-Mattel-08.jpg

Yeah, there is even a few direct to video animated films about the Mattel Batman figures called Batman Unlimited.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit that Cody has an amazing likeness. There's been some fantastic SW stuff from Hot Toys lately.

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa. So is Spin Masters not doing figures after all? The license said boys action catagory, was it just an assumption by everyone that that included figures?. Or will there be three companies making DC figures now?

Also, I had no idea Mattel had fallen to doing this type of stuff:
Toy-Fair-2018-Mattel-08.jpg
Im guessing they will do the hardcore collector line while spinmasters does the mass release main line.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Holy shit. I was all pumped for NECA, Storm and Mattel/Super7 at Toy Fair but McFarlane Toys is going all in.

They just teased they've got the licenses for Fallout, Elder Scrolls and Doom. These on top of Mortal Kombat, Harry Potter, DC Comics, One Punch Man, Borderlands etc...

Oct 25, 2017
I think my biggest wish for ToyFair(that I know won't happen) is Hasbro to announce a limited GI Joe return for the fall-Christmas season just to get the franchise back on the shelves before the movie next year.
Just the essentials like Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Baroness and Cobra Commander done in the most up-to-date designs and figure techniques(like the new face painting technique)

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
So among the new toy fair stuff, I saw this.

Toy-Fair-2019-Tamashii-Nations-SH-MonsterArts-002.jpg

I guess if I had any doubts about this things inability to stand on its own in a basic pose, they're now gone.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think my biggest wish for ToyFair(that I know won't happen) is Hasbro to announce a limited GI Joe return for the fall-Christmas season just to get the franchise back on the shelves before the movie next year.
Just the essentials like Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Baroness and Cobra Commander done in the most up-to-date designs and figure techniques(like the new face painting technique)

G.I. Joe was cancelled? Huh.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Toys R Us kept it on life support for a few years on repaints and repacks after Paramount destroyed it for Hasbro.
But even they gave up on it before they closed.

Only thing releasing now is collector club sets that are extremely cheap kitbash or repaints.

Man, that's a shame. That line was awesome back when I stopped collecting figures.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I am. The Boxes look so slick! They look like S.H. Figuarts imo. Really look forward what Hasbro to offer in the Lightning Collection, especially with Villains. And also in the Megazord department.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

Definitely grabbing Zedd and probably White Ranger.

Just woke up so I'm now going to digest all the TF news and reveals but holy shit they actually did the '87 MOTU movie line!
20190216_081238-592x333.jpg

20190216_081328-592x333.jpg

20190216_081233-592x333.jpg

They're also opening up Snake Mountain preorders in May.

Oct 25, 2017
Im extremely disappointed Square Enix hasn't announced a new Squall figure for FF8's 20th Anniversary, yet has multiple Clouds coming(its like they even end/wind down lines once they run out of Clouds to make. Original Play Arts > Play Arts Kai > Bring Arts)

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Im extremely disappointed Square Enix hasn't announced a new Squall figure for FF8's 20th Anniversary, yet has multiple Clouds coming(its like they even end/wind down lines once they run out of Clouds to make. Original Play Arts > Play Arts Kai > Bring Arts)

Yup and they just revealed another Cloud prototype at Toy Fair from Kingdom Hearts....

Thankfully I have that Squall Play Arts. lol

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
How do the new Overwatch figures look from Hasbro?

I haven't seen any pics yet but Hasbro has their presentation going and revealed the figures including some 2 packs and deluxe versions like Reindhart etc. I'm sure photos will follow as the day progresses!

I still have the Squall and Rinoa thankfully and I like those playarts more.

I still really want a Bringarts version
and I have wanted a KH Squall figure for like 15 years.

Yeah I have Rinoa too and Sephiroth. I think the only other one I wanted at the time was Cloud with Fenrir but it feels like they produced so many versions of the figure and bike I lost interest. lol

The only Bring Arts or whichever I've purchased since was Judge Gabranth and even then he was pretty damn pricey compared to the old Play Arts release IIRC.

Looking at Toy Fair stuff. NECA has some cool reveals like Parker! Ultimate remake Jason, Night Breed and stuff but I'm genuinely surprised and impressed by Mezco and their One12 line. Their Captain Marvel, '89 Keaton Batman and Hellboy 2019 movie figs look awesome!

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Godzilla question: what's the difference between NECA's versions and Monster Arts? Is there much of a scale difference? Is one line considered better than the other?

Monsterarts are larger and generally of much higher quality. The line is also much bigger so if you feel like collecting more monsters they'll all scale and look good next to each other. Of course, their price tag is hefty, and good luck finding something that's out of print for a good price.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Monsterarts are larger and generally of much higher quality. The line is also much bigger so if you feel like collecting more monsters they'll all scale and look good next to each other. Of course, their price tag is hefty, and good luck finding something that's out of print for a good price.

Ah ok. Thank you! I have the Monsterarts 2019 Godzilla preordered but I was just curious how it would stack up with NECA's.

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
Toy-Fair-2019-Super-7-MOTU-and-7-Inch-Figs-031.jpg

I'm kinda disappointed in the Super 7 Conan figure. I hope they rework him before release. That neck is way too long and the head sculpt just doesn't do anything for me. It looks like he's seen some shit, but not in a good way.

The one figure I am not disappointed in, is the new Marvel Legends Hulk.

Toy-Fair-2019-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-80-Years-036.jpg

Toy-Fair-2019-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-80-Years-037.jpg

I don't care that he's packed with a Wolverine figure I will never display. It's everything I ever wanted in a Legends comic Hulk figure. I need it. I need it so bad.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
A bunch of pictures of the Hasbro Overwatch figures and other merch: https://news.toyark.com/2019/02/16/toy-fair-2019-hasbro-overwatch-334677

Official pics from Hasbro: https://news.toyark.com/2019/02/16/toy-fair-2019-official-hasbro-overwatch-photos-and-info-335079

They look great. I'm happy. Just wish my wallet was more full. Haha.

Hoping for D.Va and MEKA soon...would be neat if D.Va came with a jacket and alternate head with her cap on for the Shooting Star look.

Edit:

GameStop pre-order pages are up: https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Overwatch+Ultimate+Series,28zu0

Last edited:

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Wait a minute. Star Wars 3 ¾" figures under the Black Series label. This is some 4D Chess shit Hasbro is trying to pull.
Those are the 6" figures in different packaging. They're apparently exclusive to Star Wars Celebration.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/02/16/toy-fair-2019-official-hasbro-star-wars-photos-and-details-335132

There were 3 ¾" figures under the Black Series label, though: http://jedibusiness.com/star-wars-figures.aspx?type=toyline&typeName=tbs