• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
A bunch of pictures of the Hasbro Overwatch figures and other merch: https://news.toyark.com/2019/02/16/toy-fair-2019-hasbro-overwatch-334677

Official pics from Hasbro: https://news.toyark.com/2019/02/16/toy-fair-2019-official-hasbro-overwatch-photos-and-info-335079

They look great. I'm happy. Just wish my wallet was more full. Haha.

Hoping for D.Va and MEKA soon...would be neat if D.Va came with a jacket and alternate head with her cap on for the Shooting Star look.

Edit:

GameStop pre-order pages are up: https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Overwatch+Ultimate+Series,28zu0

The MEKA is pretty much the only thing I'd be interested in from them, since there's no way I could afford a figma version even if they did make one.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Hell of a showing from NECA at Toy Fair for me

Those Cloth Retro Goonies and They Live figures are glorious and i'm extremely happy with that Halloween 2 Ultimate M Myers!

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
First wave of Hasbro's recently revealed Power Rangers Lightning Collection is available for preorder at Target. Olengie you might be interested in these.

Lightning-Collection-Wave-1-Box-2.jpg

https://www.target.com/p/power-rang...d-zedd-collectible-action-figure/-/A-54008945
https://www.target.com/p/power-rang...ranger-collectible-action-figure/-/A-54008947
https://www.target.com/p/power-rang...ranger-collectible-action-figure/-/A-54008943
https://www.target.com/p/power-rang...ranger-collectible-action-figure/-/A-54008946
In for Lightning Collection Goldar.
Lightning-Collection-Goldar.jpg

Looks like he's a Gamestop exclusive.

All I've wanted for ages were Legends-quality figures of some of Power Rangers big-bads, and I'm shocked it took this long to start getting some. Well done, Hasbro.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Of course McFarlane and his trash ass figure philosophy gets the DOOM license.

NECA is always into the shit I'm never gonna have interest in and yet they make quality figures but never what I care about personally.

I just want a quality Doomslayer for once.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The sign in front of the Mezco One:12 Jason at Toy Fair says "Available Now" but it's still not listed as having shipped on their web site.

Also, their Toy Fair-exclusive Blade is so much better than the regular one. This shit stings.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Lawd. NECA is going nuts for Alien's 40th. We're getting more of the Nostromo crew including Brett with Parker along with the Ultimate big chap.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Man ToyFair is insane this year.

Makes me really contemplate a trip for the next year and a reason to go to New York and away from trash ass SF.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess their large scale Pacific Rim figures didn't sell so they're apprehensive of doing large monster figures. Doesn't help that it would be impossible to make one that stands without a stand.

It's possible. I just don't know how expensive it would be. I have no idea what the manufacturing costs of these things are or how much is spent on materials.
You could make the wings out of something light like LDPE, and use something very heavy like HGC for the legs and lower torso.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this has been posted, but Marvel Legends beast is up for preorder on amazon in the US (along w/ gambit).

don't know how rare he's going to be but he looks like such a great figure I wanted to make sure I ended up with one.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Man, 25 bucks. I don't think I can do another line at this point, especially because I want more grunts and not the same few mechs over and over. Like as crappy as MSIA is in terms of modern sculpts, the sheer breadth of the line is amazing and a lot of it had to do with the relatively low cost of the US releases, I think.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I picked up the ML Captain Marvel with jacket. Wow, the Kree Sentry BAF articulation is atrocious. I've only seen an arm, but the elbows can't even bend 45 degrees, no bicep swivel, no elbow swivel, no wrist pivot.

Also, I just noticed that Mezco is doing an 18" version of their King Kong figure. That means... perfect 1:12 scale Kong using the size from the original movie.

Oct 25, 2017
I REALLY hope my Target gets in those NECA cartoon turtles 2 packs. I'm worried though because it seems my Target hasn't gotten anything new NECA wise in months. The only action figure they have is a lone Portal figure. Unless they have a box in the back they haven't opened.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the ML Captain Marvel with jacket. Wow, the Kree Sentry BAF articulation is atrocious. I've only seen an arm, but the elbows can't even bend 45 degrees, no bicep swivel, no elbow swivel, no wrist pivot.

Also, I just noticed that Mezco is doing an 18" version of their King Kong figure. That means... perfect 1:12 scale Kong using the size from the original movie.

Kree Sentry does have a bicep swivel and a wrist pivot/swivel..bicep is very snug though. Not the best thing they've ever done..especially worried that the thigh cut might snap off those purple armor pieces that hang down over it.

Last edited:

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This 1/12 Venom Snake is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. The regular one is $64. The super-deluxe version with accessories out the ass is $98.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize Figuarts didn't come with stands. That's a bit disappointing.
ZsYLkKL.png

He looks great though, as does the Mafex Comic Ver. Spider-Man.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There are only a few Figuarts releases that came with stands, almost all of them US versions.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey dudes!! I'm really excited about these two figures I'm about to review!

Kotobukiya's ARTFX+ Joker & Harley Quinn (sold seperately)

figuras-kotobukiya-joker-y-harley-quinn-the-animated-batman-D_NQ_NP_722954-MLM28117015332_092018-F.jpg

sdcc-koto-joker-harley-1.jpeg

So I am a huge fan of Batman: The Animated Series (who isn't?) and as soon as I saw these figures existed I conspired to have them.

20190227-153457.jpg

The figures themselves are very well made. Great sculpt, great paint job, they feel very dense. Nice plastic. I can't complain about any of that.

Each figure comes with interchangeable face plates for different expressions. In a devious move, Joker and Harley come with some bonus parts for each other, as well.

The two bonus Harley faces that come with Joker are nice to have but they aren't any I'd choose over the ones that already come with Harley. I say the same about Harley's bonus Joker faces BUT she also comes with a different Joker arm & two hands so you can change the tommy gun out for, say, him holding a Joker card between his forefingers. That's awesome.

000903696_01.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

(Not my pic)

On the other hand, I would trade half of the extra faces for the ability to swap Joker's hat with his hair. Weird choice to include so many options but not that one.

Speaking of hands, I ended up sticking with the Tommy Gun because i just could not get his alt hands to fit flush in their arm slot no matter how hard I pushed, and I pushed pretty hard considering my fear of bending or breaking a finger.

And speaking of the Tommy Gun, there's no way to secure it. It just sort of leans up against his pinched fingers. Easily affixed with a smidge of sticky tack but still strange.

Each figure comes with a small box that looks like a present for you to keep you extra parts in. This is made out of the thinnest toilet paper cardboard and I find it truly baffling that they could be arsed to use even the cheapest McDonald's Happy Meal toy plastic for those.

The metal base is a flat, simple thing that gets the job done. Each figure has a magnet in one of their feet and snaps magnetically to their base, but the figures aren't all that well balanced for it. If your display area isn't prone to vibrations you should be fine, but if you have a shelf that wobbles with your heavy ass tread then you might want to consider a different place to put them. I'm crazy scared a good shake could topple them.

So overall I think these are awesome considering the price, but some of the accoutrements could have been executed better.

Still pretty happy, they look awesome together. Now I just gotta track down The Bat.

Bonus: some Bruce Timm illustrations that seem to have influenced the sculpts:

fd7eaf5f436487175659e6408dbcc344.jpg

a99dfdb51d5cd0723288ac334f06a999.jpg

132619ada9e128d9b20697344e85feb7.jpg

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah they did an awesome 1/6 version too. Their next project is what I'm most excited about though: Red Dead Redemption 2.

Do we have any info on that?

I really liked the LIM Toys Venom Snake and Big Boss combo, really good quality figures all around. It's unlicensed but since Hot Toys don't seem to care about anything other than Marvel and Star Wars I take what I can get.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yarbskoo, I just noticed that the figure stands Bandai sells separately are really cheap all the time.
Amiami sells a two-pack for $7.16.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Do we have any info on that?

I really liked the LIM Toys Venom Snake and Big Boss combo, really good quality figures all around. It's unlicensed but since Hot Toys don't seem to care about anything other than Marvel and Star Wars I take what I can get.

They're currently working on it. Taking fan and collector feedback.

It'll be Arthur's default look with the leather gunslinger jacket and come loaded with accessories. It'll have interchangeable magnetic hair pieces so you can display Arthur with short or longer hair.

There are 2 other companies doing unlicensed RDR2 Arthur 1/6 figures including VTS.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
They're currently working on it. Taking fan and collector feedback.

It'll be Arthur's default look with the leather gunslinger jacket and come loaded with accessories. It'll have interchangeable magnetic hair pieces so you can display Arthur with short or longer hair.

There are 2 other companies doing unlicensed RDR2 Arthur 1/6 figures including VTS.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info. I will definitely pick it up if the quality is there.

I would love for them to do more MGS stuff. I dream of having all MGS1 characters in 1/6 scale.