• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Yarbskoo, I just noticed that the figure stands Bandai sells separately are really cheap all the time.
Amiami sells a two-pack for $7.16.
Are those the Action Bases? I probably should get more of those. I got one a few months ago and it had a ridiculous amount of options. It was a whole model kit all on its own.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are those the Action Bases? I probably should get more of those. I got one a few months ago and it had a ridiculous amount of options. It was a whole model kit all on its own.

I think they market those for use with Gundams. I haven't really paid much attention to them.
I was thinking of Tamashii Stage Act Humanoid.

This thing

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Ughhh looks like the Marvel Legends Apocolypse wave is starting to dry up and I still need the Apocolypse head, anyone know any websites that still have em??

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So should I just never buy a figure from China even if it *does* have the box?

The price discrepancy on a lot of figures is massive due to mark-up.

Surely China doesn't necessarily mean bad, right? Like, is a bootleg really guaranteed to be of obvious lower quality?

I once bought a Krillin figure last year and I'm pretty sute it was a bootleg and it looks fine to me...

The problem I'm facing atm is that the sellers who post photos of the actual product they are selling (as opposed to just stock photos) is that the pictures are often shit, low resolution and/or poorly compressed.

I'll just come out and say it: I really want some of those Nishimura Capcom/SNK statues but the $150 mark up is unfathomable

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haloid1177 don't fight me, my jabba barge is coming =)

edit:
wing zero finally came in today
MhwWOEqh.jpg

Last edited:

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the NECA Godzilla 1962. Pretty awesome figure, NECA's best Godzilla so far. Made a video review on it.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's sooooo weird that Hasbro released an entirely different figure of Captain Marvel in her regular suit with jacket on top. That combination is seen in literally one or two shots in the movie.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It's sooooo weird that Hasbro released an entirely different figure of Captain Marvel in her regular suit with jacket on top. That combination is seen in literally one or two shots in the movie.
Not nearly as bad as when they were releasing figures of Star Wars characters that had barely seconds of screentime.

Oct 25, 2017
Not nearly as bad as when they were releasing figures of Star Wars characters that had barely seconds of screentime.
Well that makes sense at least considering the Star Wars collectors that are absolutely ridiculous about getting anything that appeared on screen in certain scenes.
Its a ridiculously small outspoken niche that buys that crap but they throw a fit about it and Hasbro listens.

There was a huge deal about Dr Aphra winning a poll to become a figure over cantina alien #999 saying Hasbro and Disney rigged it lol.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Postman gonna be busy this week! Got Aliens Series 13 - Scorpion Alien, Snake Alien and Apone and Ultimate Golden Angel Predator, Black Series General Grievous and Vintage Collection Han Stormtrooper disguise arriving at different times

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haloid1177 Jabba barge came in! though i'm not on discord anymore to talk crap like an 80's man, thank you for convincing me to get this =)

look at the size of that thing:
FWxQmdsh.jpg

DMKmTOMh.jpg

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine arrives today but I shipped it to work so probably won't get to mess with it for a couple more days.
Hal, check your box before accepting it from FEDEX. there's been several reports of the insides arrived damaged from shipping.
H55CFnkl.jpg

i had a puncture that went through the double box, i opened it and thankfully it missed the actual toy box. whew!

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I was tempted but I already have multiple Metal Fix RX-78s (though I'm sure this one is much better) and those two are designs they will almost certainly milk again and again.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Walmart clearances are super-YMMV, but I just found a 730-piece Lego Red Squadron X-Wing set for $17.00. :O

dangeROSS

Oct 28, 2017
Picked up the NECA Godzilla 1962. Pretty awesome figure, NECA's best Godzilla so far. Made a video review on it.

Nice review. I'm trying hard not to collect too many Godzilla figures but this guy is pretty tempting. I hope Neca continues to give the G-man rhe same level of attention and care going forward. I'm also falling into a bit of a Jurassic Park theme now and it looks like you have a pretty sweet collection of that stuff. Very cool/

Haloid1177 Jabba barge came in! though i'm not on discord anymore to talk crap like an 80's man, thank you for convincing me to get this =)
look at the size of that thing:

Good gravy that thing is HUGE! So awesome that it got made.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Nice review. I'm trying hard not to collect too many Godzilla figures but this guy is pretty tempting. I hope Neca continues to give the G-man rhe same level of attention and care going forward. I'm also falling into a bit of a Jurassic Park theme now and it looks like you have a pretty sweet collection of that stuff. Very cool/

Thanks! Just started working on this channel a little over a month ago- always wanted to try something like this with my collection. And yeah I recommend the 62 Godzilla, and their 2019 Godzilla is looking pretty sweet too.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
With the announcement from Arcadia of a premium finish VF-0D this year, the original run of VF-0Ds are FINALLY coming down in price. I was able to get one for 300 shipped after years of staring at 400$+ price tags.

DSC_0579.png

reissue of the rx-78-02 GFFMC? Glad I sold mine a few months ago for 2x retail!

I need that GFFMC Zaku....

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the announcement from Arcadia of a premium finish VF-0D this year, the original run of VF-0Ds are FINALLY coming down in price. I was able to get one for 300 shipped after years of staring at 400$+ price tags.

DSC_0579.png

reissue of the rx-78-02 GFFMC? Glad I sold mine a few months ago for 2x retail!

I need that GFFMC Zaku....
0D!!!

that's an awesome piece right there and a good price too. congrats!

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mezco One:12 Blade regular edition is shipping.
So hyped.
I have the most recent ML Blade and it's a piece of shit. It won't even stand up close to straight unless it's leaning back. And then they used that same terrible torso for Paladin later on.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EE finally sold out, i'm suspicious bc they were open so long,

several reported EE were not able to deliver on the last metal build they carried. saying they didn't have enough of stock =/ so YMMV

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to say, you want him to break that expensive piece?

Wait, the EE listing wasn't via Bluefin? I didn't think they imported directly themselves.

I assumed it was imports as bluefin usually doesn't release in NA at the same time as japan. Eventually though these will pop up on amazon and the like via bluefin so hopefully some of us can snag them there when that happens.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I assumed it was imports as bluefin usually doesn't release in NA at the same time as japan. Eventually though these will pop up on amazon and the like via bluefin so hopefully some of us can snag them there when that happens.

Yeah I didn't think EE imported directly. Plus they have a description in English and everything. And the specifications does say it's coming from Bandai Tamashii Nations which I thought was Bluefin. But I dunno, I probably don't order from EE frequently enough to say one way or another.

Did Bluefin import the Metal Build EVA?

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
I'm bummed I missed out on the Hi-Metal R Macross Hikaru VF-4 back in October...now even moreso after seeing this posted recently:

Any recommendations for last-minute pre-orders? I think nin-nin-game and Nippon-Yasaan might still have it available (but will have to pay quite a bit more than retail)...davidwhangchoi, thoughts? Thanks!

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
you are out of your mind. Anything that isn't a vf-1 stays in fighter mode. FOREVER

Macross figures usually have great alt modes but not transforming them is a waste. A WASTE!

I was going to say, you want him to break that expensive piece?

Might as well just get a model kit or that Prime1 statue.

EE finally sold out, i'm suspicious bc they were open so long,

There was a store that kept preorders for the SOC Voltron reissue up for an unusually long time and after a while said that they accidently left it open and that the first fifty to pay for it will get it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I dunno, I bought several Macross Frontier Bandai Valks and they're kind of crappy to transform and they don't seem like they could even take the rigors of regular transformation. Then valk stuff became both incredibly expensive and impossible to order so I kind of gave up.

I should unbox some of my Yamatos to make sure they didn't disintegrate or anything.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm bummed I missed out on the Hi-Metal R Macross Hikaru VF-4 back in October...now even moreso after seeing this posted recently:

Any recommendations for last-minute pre-orders? I think nin-nin-game and Nippon-Yasaan might still have it available (but will have to pay quite a bit more than retail)...davidwhangchoi, thoughts? Thanks!
that's a great vid, i just saw it. looks amazing.

when nin nin re-opened they had it for a decent price not too far from MSRP. i don't know if it's still open or at 12000-13000yen. Unless you're early on the orders, they're not too reliable of a shop.

i'd follow the Hi Metal R thread in Macross World from now till release to see if anymore release, people will post up links if they go back up pretty quickly on that thread.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
that's a great vid, i just saw it. looks amazing.

when nin nin re-opened they had it for a decent price not too far from MSRP. i don't know if it's still open or at 12000-13000yen. Unless you're early on the orders, they're not too reliable of a shop.

i'd follow the Hi Metal R thread in Macross World from now till release to see if anymore release, people will post up links if they go back up pretty quickly on that thread.

second the suggestion of going to macrossworld for help. I ended up finding a fellow macrossworld poster who ordered too many to sell me one of his HLJ preorders.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm starting to think that BBTS being slow AF and getting my Mezco stuff after everyone else might be a GOOD thing.
Every review I saw of their Black Panther showed messed up stitching on his back and on the side of the torso.
My Black Panther from the final batch has utterly flawless stitching everywhere.