• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've been considering getting a Captain America Hot Toys for a while but was waiting on Endgame and after seeing it I think I'm going to pull the trigger now.

I've not bought many of the Marvel ones (just A1 Loki and DW Thor) but he's been so good throughout the series I'd really like to have him represented.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Hasbro absolutely nailing it with their Photo real face tech on their Black Series line! Really impressive for $/£20 action figures!

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Ah shit, I didn't know they were doing Beatrix.
rXjwqC2.jpg

She's going to be in a two pack with Steiner isn't she? God damn.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I saw the Hasbro Overwatch figures at Target on Tuesday. Didn't pick up any because I was picking up Mortal Kombat 11 the same day. But they looked great. I'll definitely try and get them in the future, though I have no idea where to put them.

RKk5VHX.jpg

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I picked up Hasbro's Mercy and Pharah 2-pack. They're nice. I'll pick up Tracer next, and then Sombra (unless I see a Sombra and not a Tracer). Not sure if I'll pick up any of the others out now yet.

TdKFVpW.jpg

vXBXPPt.jpg

gEAKRRC.jpg

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The tin for the Mezco Ghostbusters set doesn't look much bigger than the package for a single figure. Praise Jeebus.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was fast. (Amazon Japan shipped to Japan)
It was shipped Saturday and got it today.
My first SH Figuarts. satisfied
ZHMHkGg.jpg

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I just saw EndGame. that was awesome. what would be a good affordable figure to get? I imagine Marvel Legends figure are cheaper than Japanese imports. how's Marvel Legends full armor Thanos?

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I just saw EndGame. that was awesome. what would be a good affordable figure to get? I imagine Marvel Legends figure are cheaper than Japanese imports. how's Marvel Legends full armor Thanos?

Like Doom said unless you were planning on getting all figures from the wave it would make more sense to just get the figuarts version right now

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was at a Target and I was going to pick up some of those McFarlane Game Of Thrones figures. At least Arya and Daenerys because those are the ones that are higher than $20 online.
But I had to piss. I came back from the restroom and they were all gone except Jon Snow. Didn't get it because it's looking like a peg warmer.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I was at a Target and I was going to pick up some of those McFarlane Game Of Thrones figures. At least Arya and Daenerys because those are the ones that are higher than $20 online.
But I had to piss. I came back from the restroom and they were all gone except Jon Snow. Didn't get it because it's looking like a peg warmer.

All because you couldn't hold it for five more minutes smh

XD

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Lol

Viserion is fantastic and I have Drogon preordered and Night King on the way, but I'm passing on the regular characters for now (faces are a bit iffy)

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I got my Comic-cave Hulkbuster (ultron) This was my white whale action figure purchase.
I didn't want to get the hottoys version because it's expensive and big.
Comic-cave version is perfect size. (see next to Thanos SH figuarts)
ssPyZVG.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this customizer made such a small adjustment and its a night and day difference
DRAx0KOVwAA8jkg.jpg:small

Definitely going to do that for mine.
can't wait for the next waves
Boss-Fight-Fantasy-Wave-5-26.jpg

Toy-Fair-2019-Boss-Fight-063.jpg

Jan 2, 2018
So I'm riding a wave of hype from Endgame, and want some collectibles / figures of the original 6 plus Thanos to display at work, but no idea what to actually invest in. The Funko Pops all look kinda boring / underwhelming, and the Marvel Legends BAF set only has 3 characters from the actual film. Any suggestions?

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm riding a wave of hype from Endgame, and want some collectibles / figures of the original 6 plus Thanos to display at work, but no idea what to actually invest in. The Funko Pops all look kinda boring / underwhelming, and the Marvel Legends BAF set only has 3 characters from the actual film. Any suggestions?

run while you still can

dont end up like us

Jan 2, 2018
I'm thinking of getting into the S.H. Figuarts line of Avengers figures. Any retailers I should use / avoid? Seeing posts on Reddit about knockoffs, especially on eBay, has me a little unsure on where to look.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking of getting into the S.H. Figuarts line of Avengers figures. Any retailers I should use / avoid? Seeing posts on Reddit about knockoffs, especially on eBay, has me a little unsure on where to look.

The US distributor has to price them at $80 MSRP or more for licensing reasons. If you don't care about the effects pieces they pack in and don't mind slow shipping then they can be much cheaper from Japanese stores. The problem is that the Japanese stores often sell out fast. ALL of the Endgame stuff is sold out on Amiami. Their Figuarts Harry Potter stuff is on clearance, though. Ron is only $25.47.

Last edited:

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the NECA Godzilla 2019. Good figure overall but they pulled a SH Monsterarts with the eyes, really wish they would have done a better job with them.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Picked up the NECA Godzilla 2019. Good figure overall but they pulled a SH Monsterarts with the eyes, really wish they would have done a better job with them.

Nice review mate! Shame about the eyes, but detail on the rest of the figure looks great! Still not sure if i'm gonna pick this up when it arrives over here in England but I definitely plan on picking up the V2 (Atomic blast) plus Mothra and Rodan

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Nice review mate! Shame about the eyes, but detail on the rest of the figure looks great! Still not sure if i'm gonna pick this up when it arrives over here in England but I definitely plan on picking up the V2 (Atomic blast) plus Mothra and Rodan
Thanks! Yeah I plan on picking up the rest of them. Getting the SH monstersrts Ghidorah since NECA isn't making one.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Oh sweet baby jesus, i am so in, especially if they make this fucker as solid in battroid as the VF-31

lol Bob, there's about a zero chance of that happening. I expect this to be better than the yamato ones, but just given that design and its reliance on very small hinges holding up large sections (especially in gerwalk and battroid) I doubt very much that it will be "solid" like the DX Chogokins.

I ended up cancelling my preorder for this. I need to cut back. Im running out of space and spending entirely too much money on figures the last few years. I already own two yamato sv-51s anyways.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
do any of you guys own any revoltech/kaiyodo figures? I have the eva-00 figure and man it is a PAIN to switch out hands on this thing
I've got the Nick Turtles and most of the Amazing Yamaguchi except the DC figures and Gambit. They're all pretty finicky but I don't really mind too much. I just love all the articulation, even if the joints can be ugly and difficult to use at times.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Don't the revoltech joints need replacing after some time too? I know you can get replacements, but only in Japan.

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I got my first JoJo's Super Action Statue today - snagged a Jotaro (Part 3) from eBay.

I love what they're going for, but man this thing feels fragile. Not a huge fan of the leg articulation and the butterfly joints in the shoulders feel a little weird. Looks GREAT, though.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Got these over the weekend.
BKeHsRG.jpg

Really liking Hasbro's Overwatch figures. I hope we get a deluxe D.Va with MEKA at some point.
ha1vQzk.jpg

tCbj22H.jpg

Tracer's a lot smaller than I expected, though.
U0m6axG.jpg

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
How is that Cassie figure in hand? She kind of shelfwarms around here so she's one of the few DC figures I've seen more than once, but every time she just looks kind of terrible in the package.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
How is that Cassie figure in hand? She kind of shelfwarms around here so she's one of the few DC figures I've seen more than once, but every time she just looks kind of terrible in the package.
She's a pretty standard Mattel DC Universe Classics-style figure. Looks okay enough. Not as nice or articulated as the newer stuff like Batwoman, Jessica Cruz, Vixen, Starfire, and so on.

i7JQWTI.jpg

jazB90X.jpg

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Is that the Capullo Batgirl figure in the background? One of the few DC Designer series that I got (along with the Jae Lee WW) just based on the sculpt alone (articulation is kind of crappy with those).

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations for a good hulkbuster that isn't Hot Toys (though I've been eyeing that too)?

Edit: I'd like something 1/12 or bigger and max around $500, though that's flexible

Last edited: