• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you all so much for the positive reactions, really means a great deal to me ! :)
As a bonus I wanted to share another view of the diorama, this time during the daylight:
61029785_1636068313192687_8287111688849434736_n.jpg

I'm thinking I'm going to keep this only for my "normal" Xenomorphs and create an extra part of my Neca Kenner aliens :D

How long do you think it will take you to make that?

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Thank you all so much for the positive reactions, really means a great deal to me ! :)
As a bonus I wanted to share another view of the diorama, this time during the daylight:

I'm thinking I'm going to keep this only for my "normal" Xenomorphs and create an extra part of my Neca Kenner aliens :D

If I were to get one Alien figure, which would you recommend?

Oct 26, 2017

So cool! Have you thought about adding lights to it, maybe like blinking/flashing lights or a siren light? I bet that would look great.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Man, I wish I could share the RDR2 1/6 figure. Its so freaking cool and loaded. Preorders should be opening today.

Holy hell this is awesome!

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
How long do you think it will take you to make that?

Everything together, I think it took me about 20 hours.
But there're a lot of tiny details that you can't see on photo i.e. I made tiny scratches in the metal plating and covered it with subtle black wash to give a more used look.

If I were to get one Alien figure, which would you recommend?

Dog Alien ! Best sculpt & coloring. It also has the most beautiful transparent head dome.

So cool! Have you thought about adding lights to it, maybe like blinking/flashing lights or a siren light? I bet that would look great.

Yes ! I still need to ad a lightstrip, but I'm still deciding which one to buy. :)

Holy hell this is awesome!

Thanks ! :)

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
After the lighting another cool addition could be the cocoon that attaches and detaches for different display options...but I'd have no idea how one would do that. lol

Maybe another length built similar that connects but is just the permanent cocoon stuff with egg placements...hmmm.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

This is seriously amazing stuff! How much time did you spend on making this? And how did you go on about?
Would also be cool if you had some wip shots. I'm a sucker for stuff like this.

Edit: Just saw the 20 hour post. So disregard my question about time spent :D

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
This is seriously amazing stuff! How much time did you spend on making this? And how did you go on about?
Would also be cool if you had some wip shots. I'm a sucker for stuff like this.

Edit: Just saw the 20 hour post. So disregard my question about time spent :D

Well, first I made some sketches of how I wanted it to look approximately. Then I visited a few hardware stores to see what materials I could use for my design. Based on what I found, I modified my design a little bit.
3D render

I bought 2 metal plates (120 x 60 cm), 6 PVC tubes, and some wooden planks. I created technical drawings on how to cut all the pieces, but my dad did all the actual cutting & sawing, that's not really my strong side. Then I added extra details; scratches, black wash, paint spots.

After that, I was only a question of assembling everything. Here is a WIP photo of my dad en me working on this piece :)

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Well, first I made some sketches of how I wanted it to look approximately. Then I visited a few hardware stores to see what materials I could use for my design. Based on what I found, I modified my design a little bit.
3D render

I bought 2 metal plates (120 x 60 cm), 6 PVC tubes, and some wooden planks. I created technical drawings on how to cut all the pieces, but my dad did all the actual cutting & sawing, that's not really my strong side. Then I added extra details; scratches, black wash, paint spots.

After that, I was only a question of assembling everything. Here is a WIP photo of my dad en me working on this piece :)
Wow, thanks. That's some seriously impressive stuff! Hats off to you and your dad for this. Every Alien fan here will probably get jealous ;)

Oct 25, 2017
Everything together, I think it took me about 20 hours.
But there're a lot of tiny details that you can't see on photo i.e. I made tiny scratches in the metal plating and covered it with subtle black wash to give a more used look.

Awesome. I know you put a lot of work into it but considering the time the completion isn't that bad. I expected longer. I take it you've been doing this stuff for a while? Anymore dio's you've made?

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
Awesome. I know you put a lot of work into it but considering the time the completion isn't that bad. I expected longer. I take it you've been doing this stuff for a while? Anymore dio's you've made?

I'm a 2D/3D designer, so arts & crafts are a familiar territory, but this is the first time I build something like that and it's also the first time I used metal in my works. But it was a fun project, so looking forward in creating something else :)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a 2D/3D designer, so arts & crafts are a familiar territory, but this is the first time I build something like that and it's also the first time I used metal in my works. But it was a fun project, so looking forward in creating something else :)

Well it looks amazing and I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Do you mostly collection Alien stuff?

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
Well it looks amazing and I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Do you mostly collection Alien stuff?

Thanks again ! My collection mostly consists of NECA Aliens & Todd McFarlane's Tortured Souls :) Huge fan of both the Alien & Hallraiser franchises.

I haven't been collecting actively for years, but when I was little I had almost all the Kenner figures (but I sold them all when I grew older) and by coincidence I discovered a few months ago that NECA was doing Kenner inspired Aliens and it was love at first sight, haha. So little by little I started collecting again. At the moment I only have about 10 NECA Aliens, but the number is growing every month :) And really excited that Todd want to bring back the Tortured Souls line back !

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks again ! My collection mostly consists of NECA Aliens & Todd McFarlane's Tortured Souls :) Huge fan of both the Alien & Hallraiser franchises.

I haven't been collecting actively for years, but when I was little I had almost all the Kenner figures (but I sold them all when I grew older) and by coincidence I discovered a few months ago that NECA was doing Kenner inspired Aliens and it was love at first sight, haha. So little by little I started collecting again. At the moment I only have about 10 NECA Aliens, but the number is growing every month :) And really excited that Todd want to bring back the Tortured Souls line back !

Love the Hellraiser franchise. Awesome. Well hope to see more of your work and collection in the future

Oct 25, 2017
Man I found a few of my old Pirates of the Caribbean figures from 2&3 in the garage and now im actually considering finishing the collection.
So much Nostalgia, it had to be one of my favorite toylines ever.
potc_zizs102.jpg

(not my picture)
Down hill from there
potc4_jkps11.jpg

They didn't care at all by 5
66952f5e-6065-4f7f-867b-097401999c21_1.b500603cbd13fbe0bfb72268ddd7c91e.jpeg

Last edited:

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Man I found a few of my old Pirates of the Caribbean figures from 2&3 in the garage and now im actually considering finishing the collection.
So much Nostalgia, it had to be one of my favorite toylines ever.
potc_zizs102.jpg

Dead Man's Chest/At World's End had great toylines from 3 different companies between Zizzle, NECA, and the 6 inch Disney Store exclusive line.

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Man's Chest/At World's End had great toylines from 3 different companies between Zizzle, NECA, and the 6 inch Disney Store exclusive line.
I loved Zizzle's so much at the time because they were like $4 and made like every variant and scene specific figure possible.
Star Wars in that 2005-2009 era was the only thing close.

Even made low tier crew

And multiple variants of a female character that everyone hated to do back then besides Star Wars

Last edited:

Space Lion

Banned
May 24, 2019
Best way to display my Transformers? Just got back into action figure collecting. What's a good way to display them?

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, a lot of drama surrounding Susan being let go at Sideshow. Don't have a lot of details yet so kind of difficult to cite sources and parse out what actually happened.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone dealt with Big Bad Toy Store's customer service? I just got the Perfect Effect Mega Doragon from them and the damn thing is missing a wing! They were already closed so I'm gonna call tomorrow morning. What's it like returning/exchanging an item with them?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone dealt with Big Bad Toy Store's customer service? I just got the Perfect Effect Mega Doragon from them and the damn thing is missing a wing! They were already closed so I'm gonna call tomorrow morning. What's it like returning/exchanging an item with them?
I've had to call them a couple times. Once for a replacement and once to cancel a couple items that had already been sitting in my Pile of Loot for a while. They were super helpful both times. No complaints.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who that is. Elaborate?

Susan Damon, now former Brand Manager for Sideshow Collectibles. She hosted promo videos, video interviews, Facebook live videos, online contests, and in-person contests at conventions. She was let go effective today but no reason was provided by Sideshow or Susan. Susan's fiancé, however, have made a few statements regarding the situation alleging that a Sideshow affiliate Youtuber by the name of Jon Deak is partly to blame. Supposedly he claimed that Susan was harassing him and/or cause other people to issue death threats against him. The thing with Jon Deak is that he's had a history of being an asshole, a compulsive liar and he's good friends with Susan's boss. So, who knows. Maybe we won't ever find out what happens but it's not a good look for Sideshow.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I owned the old DX Dairugger XV toy (the matchbox version of course) as a kid but sold it at a garage sale during a bout of maturity around age 12. i regret doing that, might have to get this to make up for that past sin

Oct 26, 2017
Susan Damon, now former Brand Manager for Sideshow Collectibles. She hosted promo videos, video interviews, Facebook live videos, online contests, and in-person contests at conventions. She was let go effective today but no reason was provided by Sideshow or Susan. Susan's fiancé, however, have made a few statements regarding the situation alleging that a Sideshow affiliate Youtuber by the name of Jon Deak is partly to blame. Supposedly he claimed that Susan was harassing him and/or cause other people to issue death threats against him. The thing with Jon Deak is that he's had a history of being an asshole, a compulsive liar and he's good friends with Susan's boss. So, who knows. Maybe we won't ever find out what happens but it's not a good look for Sideshow.

Wow wtf? She's like the face of Sideshow. Bizarre that they would just fire her like that.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

Damn what the hell. Jon Deak isn't the one who tried suing James Cameron, and lost, but recently got upset because his early John Wick Hot toys review was pulled is it?

Edit: Upon checking it is the same dumbass.

Last edited:

Space Lion

Banned
May 24, 2019
Picked up a G1 Bumblebee reissue from Wal-Mart tonight. My favorite Transformer! Added to the collection. :)

xW3b0SC.jpg

i74cuMl.jpg

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
So for me. The NECA SDCC reveals. The Splinter set is the priority. But I definitely want to try and get that John Connor figure.

Same though I'm not fond of having to try and fight for them at a specific time and get charged immediately. lol I might wait for the wider retail release.

Also RIP Gunslinger. :( it got C&D by Rockstar. I've got an order in so we'll see...
W2__30437.1558956842.jpg

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017

Amazing! You did a really great job.