• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
Mafex Big Chap pics
irxL0Sl.jpg

mh5DT3J.jpg

GMwy7eb.jpg

With the SH Monsterarts
VICRnaX.jpg

With the Neca
l0MCnWd.jpg

YHA2q4g.jpg

a1vDYcO.jpg

Lousy flash pic
IaCQzJy.jpg

thanks for the pics ! :)

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Actually, a mixture of different kinds would be good. I got an Emma frost that ridiculously can't stand because of her action figure stelletos.
I'm not as well versed as others in here but I got this five pack a while ago and they've served me well. Stands can be altered to have the jointed arm for dynamic poses, or just a single piece to stand a fig up. I think there are also pieces for peg holes in figs' backs too (I usually use the clips). Very good odds some other website I'm not familiar with has better prices though.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I know, at least with Walmart you can order their exclusives online. Walgreens barely stocks marvel legends, usually its those kids figures with 5 points of articulation. In fact, anecdotally, I never saw a single exclusive marvel legend in the last decade of living on the east side of LA (I live in London now, fortunately). Hardly a good experience driving around a 50 mile radius trying to gather the fantastic four or paying $250 apiece for each. I wish Hasbro and Marvel would stop making all their new and amazing sculps exclusive to walgreens.

I agree with you about the Walgreens exclusives. The only one I've ever seen is that horrid Daredevil one, and Ant Man.

You'd think the FF would be the easiest to just repaint a new costume on and release as a set to those who missed out, but what do I know?

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I agree with you about the Walgreens exclusives. The only one I've ever seen is that horrid Daredevil one, and Ant Man.

You'd think the FF would be the easiest to just repaint a new costume on and release as a set to those who missed out, but what do I know?

It's just a shame that whoever is an executive at Hasbro is tight with an executive at Walgreens.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
as someone who just now got into figuarts dbz, the fact that bandai seems to regularly cheap out on including energy effects is pretty frustrating.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's the same with the monsterarts line. Sometimes even Godzilla himself doesn't get effect parts.

Yes and I noticed that at least with the monsterarts stuff you have the option to buy the line-specific effects sets, even though those seem to be going for crazy prices now.

Hot glue and translucent craft paint will give you all the energy/fire effects you could ever want

I have little to no customizing experience. lol.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Looks awesome. Which big chap is your favorite?
I'd say this one. The Medicom RAH version is really good too, but bigger scale and doesn't have the pose-ability of this one, and the paint/color is lacking. Plus this one has different hands.

It's a good time for being a Giger Big Chap fan.

NECA's Ultimate 40th Anniversary one they announced SDCC is up for pre-order now too.
Not crazy about the head sculpt personally.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say this one. The Medicom RAH version is really good too, but bigger scale and doesn't have the pose-ability of this one, and the paint/color is lacking. Plus this one has different hands.

It's a good time for being a Giger Big Chap fan.

NECA's Ultimate 40th Anniversary one they announced SDCC is up for pre-order now too.
Not crazy about the head sculpt personally.

The 1/4 scale one looks tempting, but I don't have the space! Almost 2ft tall!

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, if people like getting Best Buy points or have some to burn, they seem to be carrying more collectors focused items. The Lightning Collection Green Ranger/Puddy pack is up, as well as a bunch of Marvel Legends including the Havok/Polaris 2 pack and the Cyclops/Jean/Wolverine 3 pack and a bunch of the anniversary figures are up as well.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Man y'all got me wanting to refurb the 18" Alien fig my uncle got (and was promptly discontinued) when the movie first released lol

I have little to no customizing experience. lol.
It ain't too bad honestly, there's YouTube videos that walk you through it. But if you aren't confident in your fine motor skills or whatever (soldering experience etc.) I totally feel you. There's a bit of a learning curve. That's part of the fun of having figures for me! 😁

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It ain't too bad honestly, there's YouTube videos that walk you through it. But if you aren't confident in your fine motor skills or whatever (soldering experience etc.) I totally feel you. There's a bit of a learning curve. That's part of the fun of having figures for me! 😁

I might give it a try soon because I've been wanting to build custom dioramas at some point, but having never done that before, starting small with effects pieces might be good practice to work up to bigger projects.

So far for effect parts and bits I've pretty much been going the ebay route for stuff but shipping takes a while since a lot of it seems to come from China. That or I've just repurposed effects from other figures. A recent example is the Hasbro Lightning Collection White Ranger, which I wasn't thinking of getting but I saw it in-store and noticed it came with a blue effect piece that I don't remember seeing on the show itself. I immediately thought it'd work okay with Figuarts DBZ figures as a kamehameha charging effect, even though it's not quite as cool as the actual Bandai piece that came with one of their old Goku figures. Works okay with my Figuarts Gogeta I think,.

6GaQZtm.jpg
toKMR8Q.jpg

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like SOC Getter Emperor will finally release this month.

29375f46.jpg

0aab25c3.jpg

I might give it a try soon because I've been wanting to build custom dioramas at some point, but having never done that before, starting small with effects pieces might be good practice to work up to bigger projects.

So far for effect parts and bits I've pretty much been going the ebay route for stuff but shipping takes a while since a lot of it seems to come from China. That or I've just repurposed effects from other figures. A recent example is the Hasbro Lightning Collection White Ranger, which I wasn't thinking of getting but I saw it in-store and noticed it came with a blue effect piece that I don't remember seeing on the show itself. I immediately thought it'd work okay with Figuarts DBZ figures as a kamehameha charging effect, even though it's not quite as cool as the actual Bandai piece that came with one of their old Goku figures. Works okay with my Figuarts Gogeta I think,.

6GaQZtm.jpg
toKMR8Q.jpg

If you told me it was a part that came with Gogeta I'd believe you. Nice shot.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

6GaQZtm.jpg
toKMR8Q.jpg

Maybe it's been mentioned before but have you looked at the Figurerise effects parts? Most of the kits come with some kind of blasting effects and they sell some standalone as well. Figurerise is slightly bigger but not sure it makes that much of a difference for effects parts.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
My NECA SDCC bundle just arrived, way earlier than I thought it would. For those of you that did as well, be on the look out for yours.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Yes, that's correct.
Will high humidity cause damage?
Humidity can def cause issues. This dew point calculator might help you out a bit.

God I wished I would have grabbed a Kenner Alien as a kid. Loved the commercials. They went off the market REAL fast.
I might be willing to part with mine at some point. It has some sentimental value but it just sits in my closet and has accrued some damage over the years (arms and tail have broken off, still have all the parts just need to figure out how to put it all back together) and I'd rather it be somewhere where it'll be taken care of and displayed.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you told me it was a part that came with Gogeta I'd believe you. Nice shot.

Thanks, I'm starting to go backwards and pick up whatever Figuarts DB figures I can that don't currently cost a ridiculous amount. Next will likely be Super Buu and SSB Vegeta.

Maybe it's been mentioned before but have you looked at the Figurerise effects parts? Most of the kits come with some kind of blasting effects and they sell some standalone as well. Figurerise is slightly bigger but not sure it makes that much of a difference for effects parts.

Yeah I've picked up some of those. They're inexpensive and look pretty good but none of them really get the DBZ blast effect(s) quite right. But for general action poses they're pretty great. I know that the Figurise Standard Dragon Ball model kits usually come with effects pieces but I don't really want to commit to that line just for the effects since at that point I'd be double dipping on characters that I'd likely already have in Figuarts form.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Paid $120 for a SDCC exclusive figure. About $59 over the actual price. But it's much cheaper than getting on a plane.

Going through some buyers remorse. :(

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Those Ultimate Gohan SDCC figures are going for less than that on eBay.

Not much less, though.

But man, now I want that Kid Goku and Goku Black variant. I wish they included Anime Expo, especially considering Tamashii Nations has a booth there with tons of exclusive Gundam kits, but I guess that's too close to SDCC.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Paid $120 for a SDCC exclusive figure. About $59 over the actual price. But it's much cheaper than getting on a plane.

Going through some buyers remorse. :(
I managed to get a pre-order in for the 40th vintage style Black Series Boba Fett here in the UK for £39.99. Sold out almost immediately when he went live but thankfully was given the heads up the night before. Got the Sith Trooper and TVC Luke 3 pack ordered too!

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Going to Galaxycon this weekend! Hopefully there will be some figs at a decent price but not holding my breath; last year I only found one figure that I was looking for that wasn't marked up (Wind Waker Link Nendoroid). If any of y'all are gonna be there send me a PM, I wouldn't mind saying hey to anyone in this community!

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Oh aqn I just saw the Mafex Dark Knight Returns figure releasing next year:
medmafex-106_3.jpg

Might finally be time to upgrade my low quality DC Multiverse Batman. Now if only I could find a better quality Carrie Kelly figure and maybe Batgirl of Burnside......

Their Spider-verse Miles Morales and Peter Parker also look great but I'm so conflicted about how many Spider-people I should really own (so far have Scarlet Spider and going for the Homecoming homemade suit). I have rules about only owning one fig for any given character outisde of any crazy circumstances like huge age gaps (kid vs. adult Goku) in order to save space & money, and the vast array of Spider-man variations just throws it all out of whack lmao.

Miles Morales tho