• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SiDCrAzY

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
The 90s movies turtles are fantastic figures. Heres a height comparison AnthonysCustoms did, gives you a good idea of how they stack up next to other figures.

MdxMLR6.png

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did they make all of those turtles the same size? They're not supposed to be. Like Michelangelo was very noticeably smaller than Donatello.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The 90s movies turtles are fantastic figures. Heres a height comparison AnthonysCustoms did, gives you a good idea of how they stack up next to other figures.

MdxMLR6.png

cool, thanks! I'm okay with them being a bit tall for my 6" scale figures. I actually had to google how tall the movie turtles were and they were definitely on the shorter side, with movie April standing over them by quite a bit!

I saw a couple more of the comic version 2-packs at my Target. I'm really tempted to pick them up over the movie ones. Decisions, decisions.

edit: oh not related but while I was atTarget I was surprised to see the Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary Classic Thor and Iron Man on shelves. I thought these weren't hitting for another couple weeks. Not loving the $25 price tag but I couldn't resist. Now just to get Cap.

hKEPLoa.jpg

Last edited:

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Those 90s movie Turtle figures really are great. I picked up the set from GameStop earlier in the year and wasn't disappointed, just watch out for Leo's katanas as the plastic on the blades were pretty flimsy on mine.

Definitely gonna jump on Shredder, Splinter and the Foot when they're released.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of things that aren't supposed to be out yet I saw some Hasbro Power Rangers figure that isn't supposed to be out for three weeks in a Walgreens last night. (Magna Defender) I didn't realize it at that time otherwise I would have taken a picture.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I still have my Turtles collection from when I was a kid. The NECA 1990 movie line is fantastic. I was also able to get the SDCC bundle with Shredder/Splinter/Foot Clan as well.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I looked up the SDCC Neca 90s TMNT set and it came with like, a whole pizza (w/box) and an ooze cannister. Dang, I want.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I looked up the SDCC Neca 90s TMNT set and it came with like, a whole pizza (w/box) and an ooze cannister. Dang, I want.

I just looked at some pictures of the stuff still inside the tray in the exclusive box and I only saw four individual slices of pizza. No pizza box.
There was an ooze cannister.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I won an auction on eBay for the DC Universe Classics Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E. figures. I was the only bidder. Heh. Cost me $44 + shipping.

DYRc5bv.jpg

Glad to have both of these characters in my collection. Been wanting them for a long while.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Here's how I know I have too many toys. I looked at that stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E. and thought hey, cool figures, let me see how much they're going for. Looking at the wave, I realize I already have them, I bought them when they first came out. I thought they were a new release. But I don't even remember them at all.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Oh, also got these over the past month, too. Jurassic World Legacy Collection Extreme Chompin' T-Rex, Kingdom Hearts Tron Goofy, and Toy Story 4 Stunt Racer Duke Caboom.

2E8eKfy.jpg

qp8n3Af.jpg

BRJXUkn.jpg

Here's how I know I have too many toys. I looked at that stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E. and thought hey, cool figures, let me see how much they're going for. Looking at the wave, I realize I already have them, I bought them when they first came out. I thought they were a new release. But I don't even remember them at all.
Oh...my...damn!

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just looked at some pictures of the stuff still inside the tray in the exclusive box and I only saw four individual slices of pizza. No pizza box.
There was an ooze cannister.

Oh? Okay. I'm just going by this comparison of the Gamestop and SDCC 2018 sets:

nqACiBk.png

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Fairly sure Pixel Dan's review of the SDCC set had a pizza box too. I was disappointed one of the individual Turtles didn't come with it since they all come with a slice of pizza. lol The box would of been cool to display with Mikey.

SiDCrAzY

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
SDCC set does come with the pizza box, mine did. The Gamestop one does not unfortunately. The pizza box even has grease stains which I thought was some great attention to detail.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
My NECA Alien Resurrection Queen just shipped. No idea where she's gonna go yet but happy to finally get my hands on a Queen! Got the FvJ Ultimate Jason Voorhees on the way too!

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about getting the FvJ Ultimate Jason as well in hopes that some day a version of Freddy is also released. I'm worried that by the time that happens, it will be hard to find at a good price.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Still feeling the high of nabbing that Neca 90's TMNT bundle, my brain has decided that I want this Street Scene diorama by Neca, which I think is the standard/generic release version of their SDCC Exclusive TMNT diorama. Obviously I'd prefer the TMNT-themed one but that's going for wacky prices currently.

Someone stop me.

Plz.

ba464782-a221-429d-b7f3-4e1379870a23.jpg

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Made some figure stands for ML and star wars stuff by just cutting/painting some sticks and hot gluing down. Works pretty well and the hot glue doesn't seem to mess them up if I want to take off

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Found the Black Series Archive Anakin. Man this figure looks so good. And he had a lot of accessories, but no sand.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking about getting the FvJ Ultimate Jason as well in hopes that some day a version of Freddy is also released. I'm worried that by the time that happens, it will be hard to find at a good price.

NECA has been going crazy with rereleases. Unless something is an industrial-strength peg-warmer or con exclusive I wouldn't worry.

I think that one's a bit difficult to find now, especially the green head variant.

It's been hard to find since it first came out. I gave up and just bought the wave as a set.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
today we'll finally get to see the thundercats classics ip ressurected again.

they better fucking bring it all the way homethis time.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
So just Lion-o, Mummra, and Tigra for the umpteenth time? :)

i know 4hm (they are sculpting again) love the ip, and i doubt they'd be willin to go at it again if it was lookin like a repeat of mistakes. word is 6 figures in the first wave

grune,jaga,tygra and s-s-slithe is apparently four of them (according to people who was shown the goods backstage at sdcc) so for the final two i'm gonna guess a ultimate lion-o and probably someone out of left field, like a lunatak or something like that.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
NECA has been going crazy with rereleases. Unless something is an industrial-strength peg-warmer or con exclusive I wouldn't worry.

It's been hard to find since it first came out. I gave up and just bought the wave as a set.
I guess my main concern revolves around the current legal issues with Friday the 13th and less with NECA. It's kind of a mess right now.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
i know 4hm (they are sculpting again) love the ip, and i doubt they'd be willin to go at it again if it was lookin like a repeat of mistakes. word is 6 figures in the first wave

grune,jaga,tygra and s-s-slithe is apparently four of them (according to people who was shown the goods backstage at sdcc) so for the final two i'm gonna guess a ultimate lion-o and probably someone out of left field, like a lunatak or something like that.

Lion-o, Jackalman, Mummra Mummy, Panthro; 45 bucks a piece.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Word of warning to all who are considering but still have not bought the Bring Arts Weltall: The build QC is absolute and total GARBAGE.

I preordered it at a local store and they took a really long time getting it in. It finally arrived last week. I picked it up yesterday. Was lucky they had at least 2 units because the first one had a detached left hand which I thought just came loose. We opened it to check and it turned out that the entire hand was broken off instead. They took the other unit and opened it. The left elbow joint wasn't bending and the arm looked like it was a little deformed. When they tried to bend it more it just snapped off completely. We ended up compromising and swapping the left hand from the second unit into the first unit and calling it a day. I got home later and started posing the figure. When I was swapping the plastic feet with the metal ones, one of the metal feet had a side piece that just fell off from lack of proper glue. Thankfully fixable but annoying.

The entire figure is a total disappointment in terms of build quality. I've heard complaints over the months about bad parts on this figure but I didn't expect it to be this bad. :/

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Sad to hear. I was interested in getting the Xenogears Bring Arts figures since I'm a big fan, but for the asking price I expected more. I've heard that the Fei and Elly figures have issues of their own, like inconsistent paint work.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
grabbed the rest of the BAF kingpin line from best buy ($13 each!), all but the goofy looking symbiote...
kingpin heads look like $25 on eBay, anyone know if said goofy symbiote can be found for cheaper? just feels silly at that price

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Sad to hear. I was interested in getting the Xenogears Bring Arts figures since I'm a big fan, but for the asking price I expected more. I've heard that the Fei and Elly figures have issues of their own, like inconsistent paint work.
My Fei was really good. Excellent articulation, stand works well, and the paint work and detail was great. I think back when it was released most fans were very pleased with it. Unsure if the quality dropped off in future production runs. Elly wasn't as good. I still have problems getting her into a pose I'm fully satisfied with and the stand grip doesn't work at all. It doesn't feel like the claw was designed for her body shape and it's always too loose to hold her in position right. I ended up doing boring standard poses because it was too difficult to hold her in place with more dynamic poses. Paint work was okay and the detail is very good, but it didn't seem as polished as Fei.

My Weltall has better paint detail finish than Elly for the most part. There are some minor smudges on the feet, but nothing dealbreaking. It's the quality of the parts and the glue that really messed Weltall up. What's the point of good detail and articulation if the parts are breaking off?! Pls S-E.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Finally got Nightcrawler. Dunno why I can find him at almost every Gamestop, but haven't seen Mr Sinister or Boom Boom.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got Nightcrawler. Dunno why I can find him at almost every Gamestop, but haven't seen Mr Sinister or Boom Boom.

According to Fwoosh, Nightcrawler is 2 per case. There should be plenty of him early on.

I can't find the new Retro Storm anywhere, not even online for retail price.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
According to Fwoosh, Nightcrawler is 2 per case. There should be plenty of him early on.

I can't find the new Retro Storm anywhere, not even online for retail price.

Jeez even at two per case he still just third party on Amazon where only Mr Sinister is third party there with the rest at normal price or even lower. Probably the right call to make him two per case then.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jeez even at two per case he still just third party on Amazon where only Mr Sinister is third party there with the rest at normal price or even lower. Probably the right call to make him two per case then.

Not being a Mr. Sinister fan, is he popular? I'm guessing he's the big bad of the wave and that's why he's highly sought after. Nightcrawler is obviously a huge fan favorite.

Anyway, big haul weekend for me. Got my BBTS box of loot and I'm gonna have fun tearing through it all. I swore I was just gonna stick to 1/12, but I ended up getting a couple SH MonsterArts. Arrrgh.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I finally found Scorpion in the wild. I kept seeing Hydroman and Spider Woman, but Scorpion was always a no show.

SiDCrAzY

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Those Super7 TMNT figures they showed off look pretty great. I'm running out of room on my TMNT shelf though :(

I need these and the Batman vs TMNT figures coming out soon.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People are monsters. Saw this today at my local walmart:

ybXSYvd.jpg

And this is NOT the new 80th Anniversary Retro Cap:
mHF6K9a.jpg

I was so excited when I saw Cap's box on the pegs, too, but then I got closer and saw that, one of the old Cap figures in the box.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People are monsters. Saw this today at my local walmart:

ybXSYvd.jpg

And this is NOT the new 80th Anniversary Retro Cap:
mHF6K9a.jpg

I was so excited when I saw Cap's box on the pegs, too, but then I got closer and saw that, one of the old Cap figures in the box.

The only one I saw had a Deadshot head instead of the extra Cap head.