• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
So im a big GI Joe fan and im driving down the street near my house and some dude has a massive 1/18ish scale aircraft carrier parked beside his damn house.
I...... want it...

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Got my Black Series Clone Commander Obi Wan (UK). Absolutely beautiful figure! Some NECA Alien goodies too - Alien Resurrection Queen, Alien resurrection Warrior Xeno and the Alien 3 creature pack

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
So im a big GI Joe fan and im driving down the street near my house and some dude has a massive 1/18ish scale aircraft carrier parked beside his damn house.
I...... want it...

giphy.gif

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What kind of display cases/shelves are ya'll using for your collectibles? I think I'm going to need some. Getting tired of having to dust off my stuff.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
That Leia is my favourite design for her, but I've resisted getting any HT so far. I'm assuming Wicket drives up the price like crazy too.

You can purchase them separately. Leia is $227.99 and Wicket is $196.99, or as a bundle along with the stormtrooper and Death Star trooper helmets, it's $5 cheaper at $419.99.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
People are monsters. Saw this today at my local walmart:

ybXSYvd.jpg

And this is NOT the new 80th Anniversary Retro Cap:
mHF6K9a.jpg

I was so excited when I saw Cap's box on the pegs, too, but then I got closer and saw that, one of the old Cap figures in the box.

I guess that's still better than a random WWE fig in the box. But geez the effort given just to save a few bucks and screw someone else over is amazing.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Those Super7 TMNT figures they showed off look pretty great. I'm running out of room on my TMNT shelf though :(

I need these and the Batman vs TMNT figures coming out soon.

Potential price (I assume 45 to 50) is scaring me from getting yet another line, though. Well, that and the sprues. If those weapon racks really have clippable sprues that's probably a no from me, nostalgia or no.

SiDCrAzY

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Potential price (I assume 45 to 50) is scaring me from getting yet another line, though. Well, that and the sprues. If those weapon racks really have clippable sprues that's probably a no from me, nostalgia or no.

That price is pretty steep compared to NECA's offerings. I only collect the turtles(no side characters) so I might get them either way.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Are super7 figures closer to Figuarts quality than Neca's? Figuarts Turtles are about the same price (~$50). Now that I have the movie turtles I want to jump into getting some comic/toon Turtles as well, but there are so many out there.

I guess it'd be kinda pricey but I wish Mezco would make their own Turtles for the One:12 line.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had the original when I was a kid. Is this one motorized too?

No, but it still has the things on the insides of the feet that you'd see on a wind-up toy.
The thing is already nine pounds.

It can swallow the smallest Transformers, though. You retrieve them from a door in the torso.

Last edited:

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Are super7 figures closer to Figuarts quality than Neca's? Figuarts Turtles are about the same price (~$50). Now that I have the movie turtles I want to jump into getting some comic/toon Turtles as well, but there are so many out there.

I guess it'd be kinda pricey but I wish Mezco would make their own Turtles for the One:12 line.

Not really. Closer to NECA I'd say and they've had some QC issues in the past.

The pricing is based on the fact they're a smaller company than NECA where their products are aimed more at collector's with no retail space. They're also increasing the prices sadly to accommodate the incoming tariffs as well.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not really. Closer to NECA I'd say and they've had some QC issues in the past.

The pricing is based on the fact they're a smaller company than NECA where their products are aimed more at collector's with no retail space. They're also increasing the prices sadly to accommodate the incoming tariffs as well.

That sucks! Still, I do want to support smaller companies.

In other news, my Mezco One:12 Netflix Punisher pre-order is processing now. I totally forgot I ordered him, which I think was before Netflix cancelled all their Marvel shows. Oh well. Still want the figure.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Lost a bookshelf last week due to mold in the basement, which pushed me to go ahead and buy a dedicated organizer for my figs so the bookshelf they were sitting on (let's be real, they were overflowing off the thing) could replace the other one.

I'm pretty happy with it:
20190820_120618fgj9u.jpg

It's fairly deep; I can fit two standard Black Series or Marvel Legends boxes one behind the other, which I think is more than enough space (for now) with how picky I tend to be and the rules I've set for myself.

The long term plan when I have a place for it that doesn't require it to also be a TV stand is to buy a custom acrylic display case to sit on top so I can set up whatever fun scenes pop into my head every couple weeks. Figured it would be a nice conversation piece and will also keep my collection organized & contained so I don't feel overrun with plastic superpowered people.

(props if you recognize all the figs I have!)

Also I totally paid a guy to make sure I got a Clone Commander Obi-Wan figure when it releases. Might regret but any experiment of interest in life is carried out at one's own expense so we're gonna see where this train stops I guess!

Last edited:

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I finally caved in and preordered the Storm Collectibles USF2 Ryu.

iu

I'm hesitant if I should also get Ken. They're the only two I really care deeply about. And those figures look amazing.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't gonna open this figure, but of course I did and I'm glad for it because it might be my favorite Mezco One:12 yet. Just wanna share a few pics because I had a lot of fun with it.

JXq8pMm.jpg

0q2d6P8.jpg

c0N0tBP.jpg

7jLx6xd.jpg

And one more with Mezco Daredevil, who I don't like as much as Mezco's Punisher. By comparison he felt like a miss. Still, together they look great. For my display I tried to replicate the sequence in DD S2 where they both had to escape the apartment building.
oAcbEWp.jpg

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did Punisher come with all those gun/effects accessories? Me likey

Yes he comes with the gatling/minigun effect handgun firing effect pieces.

Oh hey, I wanted to ask you about the custom acrylic display case you were thinking about getting. Where would you go about getting one custom made? You mentioned it here:

The long term plan when I have a place for it that doesn't require it to also be a TV stand is to buy a custom acrylic display case to sit on top so I can set up whatever fun scenes pop into my head every couple weeks. Figured it would be a nice conversation piece and will also keep my collection organized & contained so I don't feel overrun with plastic superpowered people.

Nice tv stand setup btw. I need to figure out where to store my boxes.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Yes he comes with the gatling/minigun effect handgun firing effect pieces.

Oh hey, I wanted to ask you about the custom acrylic display case you were thinking about getting. Where would you go about getting one custom made? You mentioned it here:

Nice tv stand setup btw. I need to figure out where to store my boxes.
Very nice! I preordered the Legends Iron Man coming out later this year and I'm super stoked it comes with some energy/blast effects.

And thanks! I really wanted to make sure I kept all my stuff organized cause it can get out of control very quickly hahaha. Haven't decided on a specific place to get a display case but there are a few sites that do custom ones. Here's one I have in my bookmarks. Just really unsure if the pricing is reasonable since I have little experience with acrylic work but based on display cases I've seen at retail it seems about right.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Very nice! I preordered the Legends Iron Man coming out later this year and I'm super stoked it comes with some energy/blast effects.

And thanks! I really wanted to make sure I kept all my stuff organized cause it can get out of control very quickly hahaha. Haven't decided on a specific place to get a display case but there are a few sites that do custom ones. Here's one I have in my bookmarks. Just really unsure if the pricing is reasonable since I have little experience with acrylic work but based on display cases I've seen at retail it seems about right.

Which Iron Man is that? Can't have enough Iron Man figures.

Thanks for the link to the custom display case. I've been trying to figure out a good somewhat portable solution for display cases. I saw the Ikea detolf and it seems those are really popular among collectors but I need something that can be easily moved around. I don't have any experience with acrylic cases, but those seem like they fit me more.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Wow. That Mezco Punisher looks great and the fire effects are a cool accessory too! I haven't jumped on the Mezco One stuff but every time I see a new preorder I'm always tempted...lol

Thanks for the link to the custom display case. I've been trying to figure out a good somewhat portable solution for display cases. I saw the Ikea detolf and it seems those are really popular among collectors but I need something that can be easily moved around. I don't have any experience with acrylic cases, but those seem like they fit me more.

How about the ModuCases?

They're pricey but you get what you pay for and their official site offers different configurations you can order, plus the individual cubes snap and stack together if you want to make a bigger display.

The only issues I hear is the cases availability as ordering them takes a couple of months arrive. Sideshow and BBTS offer them as well.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia

The Endgame Man figure (Amazon link, and lol it's already out of stock):
71UF6T4V6WL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I hadn't gotten my hands on Stark yet so jumped in while I knew I could get it for MSRP. Each of his suits have something I like and don't like, so coming with the gauntlet and energy effects didn't make me feel like I needed to put more down for something else (altho some of the higher-end Endgame variations look super nice).

Those Ikea displays are pretty nice looking. I'm a real stickler for keeping my figs in-box unless I have a scene I want to set (and I'm also trying to have a respectable collection while avoiding dumb comments from people who think it's immature) so I'd probably only get one of those for the stuff I have that don't have any boxes. But honestly I would prefer to have a few small 1-figure cases to set some figures up around the house while avoiding dust accumulation.

Speaking of figures out-of-box, I got the Legends Endgame Cap figure with Mjolnir a while ago and in order to adhere to my "one variation of a character at a time*" rule I traded my Age of Ultron Cap to a friend for this baby:
20190824_17224169jnf.jpg

And if I happen to buy a case any time soon, or find any that I particularly like, I'll be sure to drop a review here for ya :)

How about the ModuCases?
Oh myyy

Won't work for my setup, but those look super cool and the price is actually pretty reasonable compared to what I've been looking at - especially with the built-in lights!

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why DC collectables hasn't done a single TellTale Batman figure or statue,
I'd buy a full series if they ever did

I just moved here and I thought it was relatively close to my house but have driven around 2 different days now and can't even find the house,
had to be a bit closer to the beach I was coming from.
Im going back to that beach tomorrow if the weather is good so i'll look for it.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. That Mezco Punisher looks great and the fire effects are a cool accessory too! I haven't jumped on the Mezco One stuff but every time I see a new preorder I'm always tempted...lol

How about the ModuCases?

They're pricey but you get what you pay for and their official site offers different configurations you can order, plus the individual cubes snap and stack together if you want to make a bigger display.

The only issues I hear is the cases availability as ordering them takes a couple of months arrive. Sideshow and BBTS offer them as well.

Those seem pretty incredible especially for larger pieces. The included spotlights are a nice touch since I'm always thinking about how to light my collection. Might look into reviews of it and see from there. Are you picking up one for yourself?

As for Mezco One:12, it's been a great line to get into, though I've been very picky about my selections. The way I think of it, it's about as close to Hot Toys as I'll get due to me trying to stay in 1/12 scale. That and the fact that Hot Toys are pretty expensive.

The Endgame Man figure (Amazon link, and lol it's already out of stock):

I hadn't gotten my hands on Stark yet so jumped in while I knew I could get it for MSRP. Each of his suits have something I like and don't like, so coming with the gauntlet and energy effects didn't make me feel like I needed to put more down for something else (altho some of the higher-end Endgame variations look super nice).

Those Ikea displays are pretty nice looking. I'm a real stickler for keeping my figs in-box unless I have a scene I want to set (and I'm also trying to have a respectable collection while avoiding dumb comments from people who think it's immature) so I'd probably only get one of those for the stuff I have that don't have any boxes. But honestly I would prefer to have a few small 1-figure cases to set some figures up around the house while avoiding dust accumulation.

Speaking of figures out-of-box, I got the Legends Endgame Cap figure with Mjolnir a while ago and in order to adhere to my "one variation of a character at a time*" rule I traded my Age of Ultron Cap to a friend for this baby:
20190824_17224169jnf.jpg

And if I happen to buy a case any time soon, or find any that I particularly like, I'll be sure to drop a review here for ya :)

Oh right how could I forget about the Mark 85. I also have that one ordered as well. That's a sweet Venom. Love the headsculpt it reminds me of Pennywise the clown when he widens his mouth. lol

Yes please review the case if you can. Appreciate it!

SiDCrAzY

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Those pics are not bad. MY pics are bad lol

That Carrie Kelley figure on the far right - could you give me some info on it? I have the DC Multiverse figure but I'm not very happy with it and would like to update at some point and of course there aren't many others on the market (which is kind of surprising considering how popular DKR is).

Lol, thanks.

She's part of the DC Collectibles Batman: The Animated Series: Batman, Robin & Mutant Leader Action Figure (3 Pack)

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Last edited:

SiDCrAzY

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Finally...some competition! :)

BTW, what risers are you using? I couldn't find any that fit what I was looking for, but yours seem to be perfect.

I need to update my pics (2 years old), but here's mine.

There

I commented on your collection almost two years ago lol, its great, my collection was way smaller at that point. The risers I have are these 6 tier acrylic risers I bought off Amazon. They have a a lot five tier ones last time I saw, and these 6 tier ones were rare, but maybe nowadays things have changed. I remember the five tier being too wide.

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I commented on your collection almost two years ago lol, its great, my collection was way smaller at that point. The risers I have are these 6 tier acrylic risers I bought off Amazon. They have a a lot five tier ones last time I saw, and these 6 tier ones were rare, but maybe nowadays things have changed. I remember the five tier being too wide.
This one?