• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I finally caved in and preordered the Storm Collectibles USF2 Ryu.

iu

I'm hesitant if I should also get Ken. They're the only two I really care deeply about. And those figures look amazing.

Looks great. Just wish they scaled better with other 1/12 stuff. Storm says their figures are 1/12, but...come on.

storm-collectibles-ryu-just-very-random-review-philipines-3-1024x683.jpg

They're more NECA scale than anything.

Still, I really want to jump in on their SF and MK stuff. I am a hair's width away from ordering the new MK3 Scorpion.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I was going to order the MK3 Scorpion but the in hand photos and the skull mask put me off. I think the first release looks better but you can't get it anymore unless you want to shell out $300 for it. :/

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Looks great. Just wish they scaled better with other 1/12 stuff. Storm says their figures are 1/12, but...come on.

storm-collectibles-ryu-just-very-random-review-philipines-3-1024x683.jpg

They're more NECA scale than anything.

Still, I really want to jump in on their SF and MK stuff. I am a hair's width away from ordering the new MK3 Scorpion.
That's a bummer. But since I don't own anything else anymore (used to collect about 15 years ago and sold most of it) it's no big deal for me.
Ryu and Ken are two of my most favorite characters and those USF2 figures are just two awesome to ignore.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was going to order the MK3 Scorpion but the in hand photos and the skull mask put me off. I think the first release looks better but you can't get it anymore unless you want to shell out $300 for it. :/

Yeah the skull mask looks kinda funky but other than that it looks like a pretty good release. I just really like the accessories included. youre right though the original release looks better.

The shotgun came with Blade. But the rest, yeah.

You are correct!

That's a bummer. But since I don't own anything else anymore (used to collect about 15 years ago and sold most of it) it's no big deal for me.
Ryu and Ken are two of my most favorite characters and those USF2 figures are just two awesome to ignore.

Yep! I'll probably pick up those two as well. And the rest of the cast too, inevitably.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Finally opened Marvel Legends Prof X. and yup, I'll reiterate, it's insane that they came out with a bald dude in a suit with a hover chair and a really ugly extra head and sold it for 40 bucks. I'm ecstatic, and apparently it sold because I never saw him in a store (saw lots of deadpools) but insane.

Also, how in the world did Gladiator become the hard-to-find one from the Apocalypse wave?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally opened Marvel Legends Prof X. and yup, I'll reiterate, it's insane that they came out with a bald dude in a suit with a hover chair and a really ugly extra head and sold it for 40 bucks. I'm ecstatic, and apparently it sold because I never saw him in a store (saw lots of deadpools) but insane.

Also, how in the world did Gladiator become the hard-to-find one from the Apocalypse wave?

No idea. Gladiator is just about my least favorite X-Men character. I never saw three of the figures from that wave in stores, though.
I never saw a Professor X, either.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

It's almost cheaper to just buy a complete Apocalypse baf on ebay than to buy a new sealed Gladiator for the baf head. lol

MG310

Oct 25, 2017

Everyone wanted to finish Apocalypse eventually. Most of the time they just stole the Apocalypse head out of the boxes.

Same thing happened with Superior Venom and Lasher.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Everyone wanted to finish Apocalypse eventually. Most of the time they just stole the Apocalypse head out of the boxes.

Same thing happened with Superior Venom and Lasher.

How do you steal the head out of box when there were none in stores?
Speaking of which...
I saw the saddest toy fuckery ever last month, but Transformers related.
Someone took Siege Cog and replaced its arms with the ones from Siege Sixgun. There was no clear plastic tray inside the box, so the figure was just crumpled up at the bottom. You almost couldn't tell there was anything in the box.
Then right after that disappeared from shelves a Sixgun with Cog's arms showed up at the same store, also with no tray inside the box.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
How do you steal the head out of box when there were none in stores?
Speaking of which...
I saw the saddest toy fuckery ever last month, but Transformers related.
Someone took Siege Cog and replaced its arms with the ones from Siege Sixgun. There was no clear plastic tray inside the box, so the figure was just crumpled up at the bottom. You almost couldn't tell there was anything in the box.
Then right after that disappeared from shelves a Sixgun with Cog's arms showed up at the same store, also with no tray inside the box.

A lot of people out there doing return fraud on these $20 figures.

Damn I just rewatched Thor Ragnarok and I'm trrying to keep myself from preordering the Valkyrie and Heimdall Legends figures now 😭

Get the whole line so you can get the BAF Fat Thor. :D

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Preordered 4 more foot soldiers for army building to go with the Capture of Splinter set.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Still kinda want it, though.

Anyway, has anyone had good luck buying figures from Amazon Warehouse? I'm wondering how their thorough their inspection process how accurate "Like-new" actually is.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
I still think the price is a bit high for such small figures, but they really went all out with the accessories.
sRFuLtr.png

They have the usual Bring Arts issues with joints being too tight or too loose out of the package, but once you get them in a pose they look great.
YgHX3CG.png

The articulation and likeness is a step up from the old Play Arts figure, though a bit of detail is lost with the smaller size.
EiBuxem.png

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
^ six interchangeable head sculpts for one figure is pretty killer. God, I wish all companies did that.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Late post but $5 Action Figure clearance from Gamestop. I was set on getting the Lightning Collection MMPR but for $25 for the whole Legacy set (Already have Legacy White and Green), I couldn't say no. I ordered em online and I legit expected a couple of them to get cancelled like Kratos.

I also love me some Gremlins.
ByLctgl.jpg

PJjGYWV.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Gamestop's $5 clearance did me good last week. Got an Elektra and Val Kilmer Batman (for a friend) figure.

Actually headed over there now to finally do a couple preorders. Talked some friends into buying the rest of the Thor BAF line off of me for a few bucks cheaper so I can keep the Thor parts lol basically getting him for $15

Thought long and hard about those Gremlins but I already got a Crash Bandicoot figure that's out of scale with all my 1:12 figs and it bugs me enough to not want to buy anything else out of scale.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Late post but $5 Action Figure clearance from Gamestop. I was set on getting the Lightning Collection MMPR but for $25 for the whole Legacy set (Already have Legacy White and Green), I couldn't say no. I ordered em online and I legit expected a couple of them to get cancelled like Kratos.

I also love me some Gremlins.
ByLctgl.jpg

You managed to get the ML AIM 2-pack during the $5 clearance? Lucky. Literally none in a 50-mile radius for me. Well, at least according to the website's inventory checker. Struck out during the clearance. Never have any luck with these things.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
You managed to get the ML AIM 2-pack during the $5 clearance? Lucky. Literally none in a 50-mile radius for me. Well, at least according to the website's inventory checker. Struck out during the clearance. Never have any luck with these things.
I ordered em online as Some of them were not available in my area locally for months

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Gamestop didn't even send out cancellation emails for the stuff that didn't ship from that sale they just deleted the order numbers completely. Had 2 AIM packs and 2 Klaue cancelled that way - only knew because my Paypal payment was 20 dollars less than my total order.

Did manage to get 2 AIM 2 packs in store though as I knew one that had them because I was picking up a few Nick Fury's at 11.98 in the past few weeks. Also got a bunch of Nick Fury, Elektra , Klaue and Genis for custom fodder.

EDIT: Apparently the item numbers started working again at some point today - AIM 2 packs and Klaue still marked as "Preparing for Shipment"

Last edited:

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Gamestop didn't even send out cancellation emails for the stuff that didn't ship from that sale they just deleted the order numbers completely. Had 2 AIM packs and 2 Klaue cancelled that way - only knew because my Paypal payment was 20 dollars less than my total order.

Did manage to get 2 AIM 2 packs in store though as I knew one that had them because I was picking up a few Nick Fury's at 11.98 in the past few weeks. Also got a bunch of Nick Fury, Elektra , Klaue and Genis for custom fodder.

EDIT: Apparently the item numbers started working again at some point today - AIM 2 packs and Klaue still marked as "Preparing for Shipment"

Same thing happened to me. I ordered 11 figures at $5 so I can get free shipping with an order of $50+. So far, only three arrived and have been charged for those but the other eight are still in limbo. My status says "awaiting product availability" for those eight. I'm not expecting them to ship but if they do, it'll be a nice surprise.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I had known that NECA's quality control could be spotty but I think I learned this the hard way today. Could be a record. Bought one of their Predator figures and it had both shoulder joints stuck, its left thigh swivel stuck, left wrist stuck, its shoulder armor snapped off right out of the package. It's bicep swivels are also loose. Never had so many problems with one figure.

I used to see Neca stuff online and thing "wow, these figures look pretty amazing for only ~$25", but now I see that some QC checks were definitely skipped to get to these prices.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
bought some good marvel legends loose off a facebook group for a great price, but they smell like cigarettes - any suggestions here?

took one site's advice & wrapped em in a paper towel and left em in a container with cat litter for the night, hoping that helps

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
bought some good marvel legends loose off a facebook group for a great price, but they smell like cigarettes - any suggestions here?

took one site's advice & wrapped em in a paper towel and left em in a container with cat litter for the night, hoping that helps
The cat litter method can take several days for the litter to absorb the smell. Another option is wiping them down with warm water and drying them off with dryer sheets.

Or you could buy some activated charcoal from amazon or wherever and throw that in a plastic tub with the figures for a day or two.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
trying this if litter doesn't fix it in a day or two, cheers!

Because you'll likely have them lying around somewhere already, I recommend throwing your figures into a sealed container with a bunch of those silica gel packets that are always included with new shoes and some food items. They absorb moisture and odors. Might take a few days though.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
My Berserk Fury Zoids figure from Japan has been sitting at ISC Los Angeles ca (usps) for 28 days. I NEVER experienced this ever. What should I expect to do?

Oct 26, 2017
So, at the start of 2020 I will want to get both the Bringarts Freya (+Beatrix) and the Seacons, which are currently preorderable in sets of two. It just feels like a ton of money. Is it reasonable to expect that these will be available to just buy once they release? Getting some serious FOMO here.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Walmart has the exclusive Marvel Legends Corvus Glaive/Loki 2-pack in stock again on their site somehow.
Plus, it's temporarily driven third-party prices down to $50-ish.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
What do you guys suggest for displaying action figures/statues? Ideally nothing I have to put into a wall.