• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I rather like my setup of a bookshelf and the countertop spice racks you can easily find at Bed Bath & Beyond or Amazon.

nGhdwtP.jpg

Thing behind it was some cardboard lego stand I got at Toys R Us when I still worked there. It was going to get compressed so they let me take it home.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like everybody and their grandmas have made a Pennywise figure. Here's Hot Toys' offering.

Hot-Toys-Pennywise-019.jpg

I dunno, I thought I'd be more impressed. Something's weird about the headsculpts, especially the fanged one. His head is rounder than this, especially in Chapter 2.
Be more impressive if they made a deluxe with some spider legs.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Feels like everybody and their grandmas have made a Pennywise figure. Here's Hot Toys' offering.

Hot-Toys-Pennywise-019.jpg

https://news.toyark.com/2019/09/11/it-chapter-two-pennywise-figure-by-hot-toys-362725

I dunno, I thought I'd be more impressed. Something's weird about the headsculpts, especially the fanged one. His head is rounder than this, especially in Chapter 2.

I don't care what he looked like in Chapter 2. I didn't like it. I'm still buying the Mezco version of Pennywise, though.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I've been wanting to sell a bunch of my stuff and was looking up prices on ebay. That mezco direct DKR batman I have that's never been opened sells for around 500 O_O. I need to sell that sucker lol

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Not a statue guy, but I saw this diamond select mysterio at gamestop and had to get. It's plastic, so not overly heavy/expensive. You can even faintly see the head underneath if light is shining on it

TAQhXud.jpg

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Their Supreme Knight figure is going to scratch that itch for a lot of people.

Probably my most anticipated One:12 figure. Makes me want to go back and get the Ascending Knight.
Man, Hasbro's new 3D face printing tech is SUCH a godsend.
y8ocxuzt8am31.jpg

Wow. I'm always amazed seeing new face-printing on Hasbro figures, even though I've seen it on their mcu figures for a while now.

I saw the new Hela/Skurge 2-Pack at Target and was just stunned by how good the Cate Blanchette/Karl Urban likenesses were.

Not a statue guy, but I saw this diamond select mysterio at gamestop and had to get. It's plastic, so not overly heavy/expensive. You can even faintly see the head underneath if light is shining on it

TAQhXud.jpg

That looks great. I missed out on the Legends version so I might pick this up.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Would be cool if they did a sinister six set of these. I went online to see if they had different ones and there's a hobgoblin, but it must be higher quality because it was like 150 whereas this was 50

It's probably more expensive for the same reason that the Marvel Legends Hobgoblin is >$100 and you can still find Doc Ock for $18.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably more expensive for the same reason that the Marvel Legends Hobgoblin is >$100 and you can still find Doc Ock for $18.

I think Hobgoblin is a Premiere series one which is resin, Gallery is the PVC series.

There's some nice ones in the Gallery series - plus I got some super cheap a year or so ago through Gamestop clearance - Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, Gwenpool,Spider-Gwen, and classic Iron Man for 10-20 dollars.

Also if you are a Legends collector Moonstar hit the east coast Walgreens Saturday/Sunday. Got the 3 I needed to have a Moonstar/Karma/Not so Great Wolfsbane

Last edited:

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
I remember when they announced they were gonna start using 3D Face Printing Technology that it was gonna be a waste of money cause it wasn't gonna look that good. I was so wrong

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Also if you are a Legends collector Moonstar hit the east coast Walgreens Saturday/Sunday. Got the 3 I needed to have a Moonstar/Karma/Not so Great Wolfsbane

If you're in my neck of the woods, give up on ever seeing Moonstar unless you go to a scalper. :(

Last edited:

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow...
Movie Masterpiece Jazz has a feature where you can pull him in half, complete with dangling spine.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So I still don't think Unicron is going to make it unless they pull some shenanigans like counting overseas orders or something.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow...
Movie Masterpiece Jazz has a feature where you can pull him in half, complete with dangling spine.

Ah, yes, his defining moment from the movies.

So I still don't think Unicron is going to make it unless they pull some shenanigans like counting overseas orders or something.

Didn't they extend the deadline once already? What's stopping them from extending it again?

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
anyone had any luck with the marvel legends for moonstar? i know walgreens exclusives are iffy, but i don't even know if its hit down here in FL yet

also kicking myself for not grabbing the miles/gwen combo earlier this year, ughhhh

TAQhXud.jpg

aww that looks dope! congrats man

Would be cool if they did a sinister six set of these. I went online to see if they had different ones and there's a hobgoblin, but it must be higher quality because it was like 150 whereas this was 50

yeah, i was working on a sinister six with legends recently - lucked out with shocker & mysterio, went with diamond select versions of green goblin & rhino
i wish i could take the lizard from that line but the detail on the much-more-expensive BAF is really nice. might still grab the diamond electro.

There's some nice ones in the Gallery series - plus I got some super cheap a year or so ago through Gamestop clearance - Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, Gwenpool,Spider-Gwen, and classic Iron Man for 10-20 dollars.

i keep missing those gamestop sales - and okay, guess i just need to check more walgreens then!
i love new mutants but no way im finding 3 haha, ill take just one at this point

Last edited:

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No Moonstar in my area. Also can't seem to find any of the DST Tron Walgreens Exclusive figures that hit recently, but I did find one of the Walgreens Emma Frost Marvel Legends.

Still hoping I'll stumble upon the exclusive ML F4 Thing figures someday.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One of my local Walmarts was already blowing out the entire line of ML 80th anniversary and X-Men Classics, but all that was left was Grandmaster/Korg. (which I was happy to get)

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Just got a Mafex Spider-Man and Revoltech Iron Man, and Marvel Legends Captain America and alongside some toy biz figures I had lying around my parents 'house, I put together a pretty sweet display.

pYMIQOt.jpg

Then after the first day, I immediately proceeded to break the wrist peg on Spider-Man. I've queried MediCom, but I hear their customer service isn't so responsive and often won't ship to my family's place in the US or mine in the UK. What a bummerville.

FYXk4hV.jpg

SiDCrAzY

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Same thing happened to my Mafex Spider-Man. Where did you get yours? Amiami took care of mine and sent me a whole new arm.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Same thing happened to my Mafex Spider-Man. Where did you get yours? Amiami took care of mine and sent me a whole new arm.

PlazaJapan.com. You think I should ask for a whole replacement figure? Surely there must be an easier way to get a new wrist peg, and remove the broken one with some needle nose pliers.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I almoat had a heart attack when i saw The Golden Girls on display 😍
apifme3uj__97160.1532035351.500.750.jpg

but i already had bought alot of Halloween stuff :^( they had an awesome fish bowl, frames, costumes

SiDCrAzY

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
PlazaJapan.com. You think I should ask for a whole replacement figure? Surely there must be an easier way to get a new wrist peg, and remove the broken one with some needle nose pliers.

There probably is a way to remove the broken peg, but I didn't want to risk doing any further damage. Amiami asked me if the arm was removable and it was, so they sent me a replacement arm, with a new peg and new hand. They were pretty nice.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
There probably is a way to remove the broken peg, but I didn't want to risk doing any further damage. Amiami asked me if the arm was removable and it was, so they sent me a replacement arm, with a new peg and new hand. They were pretty nice.

I reckon I could dislodge the peg with needle nose pliers, but it's still just a giant bummer that makes me feel deterred to purchasing any further high valued figures.

SiDCrAzY

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I reckon I could dislodge the peg with needle nose pliers, but it's still just a giant bummer that makes me feel deterred to purchasing any further high valued figures.

I've always had these QC issues with Mafex, it has gotten better, but they are still a problem. It's not bad with other brands like Figuarts at least in my experience.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Youtube is apparently going to cut ad revenue for all toy videos by 90-100% in a few months.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

This kind of situation is why I respect companies that provide extra joints, like Kaiyodo and their Revoltech figures.

Maybe you can create a makeshift wrist joint for your Spidey using one of your Revoltech Iron Man's extra joints? I know he comes with a ton since I have that figure myself.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
oh my god my friend got me the Figma Bloodborne Hunter figure for my birthday

I thought this thing was out of print and only really selling for like 150 bucks, but it would be crazy if he spent that much

I did get him the new Berserk Guts figure for his birthday a month ago though, which was 90, but still, I'm so frigging excited