• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
People looking for Emma Frost and Dani Moonstar at Walgreens check your Rite-Aid stores as well. They're converting more stores to full Walgreens soon and some carried Thing/Magik last year. Found Emma on an endcap with some other non-Legends Marvel stuff in Ocean, NJ.

Lmo2017

Oct 25, 2017
To the east of Parts Unknown...

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Me today:
Hey, Wario64 says a DQIII hero figure is on sale on amazon, cool.
Oh, wait, Bring Arts. Well, ok, still looks cool.
Wait, 80 bucks? How in the world?

So someone tell me these DQ figures are worth 80 bucks, because Squenix has burned me in the past with Play Arts Kai...

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Me today:
Hey, Wario64 says a DQIII hero figure is on sale on amazon, cool.
Oh, wait, Bring Arts. Well, ok, still looks cool.
Wait, 80 bucks? How in the world?

So someone tell me these DQ figures are worth 80 bucks, because Squenix has burned me in the past with Play Arts Kai...
I have one Bring Arts figure - Sora Second Form. I like it for the most part but I have some misgivings about the trash ass hip joints. The legs pop off with little provocation so dynamic poses like I would want from Sora are a struggle.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I have one Bring Arts figure - Sora Second Form. I like it for the most part but I have some misgivings about the trash ass hip joints. The legs pop off with little provocation so dynamic poses like I would want from Sora are a struggle.

Was it worth the 70 bucks or whatever it was? Because that just seems insane to me. And I paid the premium on those Play Arts DC figures (which also weren't worth it, but I understood hey the license probably cost money or something)

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
oh my god my friend got me the Figma Bloodborne Hunter figure for my birthday

I thought this thing was out of print and only really selling for like 150 bucks, but it would be crazy if he spent that much

I did get him the new Berserk Guts figure for his birthday a month ago though, which was 90, but still, I'm so frigging excited

I'm jelly!

KoruptData

Oct 25, 2017
I literally have not bought nothing new since the last time I've posted (kids are expensive). But while walking the Cincinnati Comic Convention, a booth had the 1/4 Heath Ledger Joker Hot Toy for $470 which included tax. So I picked him up!

9VJSAt2.jpg

Rapk1mr.jpg
9m1PE8w.jpg
DIY0WOe.jpg

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
70955955_2353035224914103_1060408553296101376_n.jpg

Apparently this is GS exclusive (maybe?). Don't see anything about it. Or am I mistaken Not my picture.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
I literally have not bought nothing new since the last time I've posted (kids are expensive). But while walking the Cincinnati Comic Convention, a booth had the 1/4 Heath Ledger Joker Hot Toy for $470 which included tax. So I picked him up!

9VJSAt2.jpg

Rapk1mr.jpg
9m1PE8w.jpg
DIY0WOe.jpg

That's a great pick-up! I have the Sideshow exclusive version coming to me soon.

I, too, have slowed down on purchases. Gotta make some space to display them.

KoruptData

Oct 25, 2017
That's a great pick-up! I have the Sideshow exclusive version coming to me soon.

I, too, have slowed down on purchases. Gotta make some space to display them.
Thanks! It was a grail piece for me. Actually the 1/6 version was before this came out. I just wanted a Hot Toy quality piece of Ledgers Joker. One of my favorite performances and I'm a Joker fan boy.
Wow! Do you have the 1/4 Batman as well?
I do not. This is actually my first DC Hot Toy. If they make it, I plan on getting a Phoenix Joker also. I'm more of a Joker fan as far as art and figures.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I quit buying 1/6 for the most part, but I kinda want a comic style justice league from that sideshow line. The batman, supes, and flash all look good

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
Got all the Triple Force Friday goodies I wanted! Whew, always a crazy evening without even going to the stores.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I bought was the Hot Toys Mandalorian that was revealed at NYCC. Won't be here for another year though :(

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Didn't buy anything on Force Friday. Some good looking figures, but honestly the Force Friday figures tend to linger and drop in price so I can wait.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have zero interest in Black Series lately because they're not releasing new OT characters, but Transformers has been taking up the slack and then some.

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped by my walmart on the way home and they literally had no pegs for any Star Wars figures, old or new.
Glad I hit Target.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The second phase of the War For Cybertron toy trilogy is looking amazing... but. But one of the things I liked most about Siege was that characters scaled the way I expected them to. The Cliffjumper they just showed is the same size as the rest of the Autobot cars. Seeing a bot that was originally sold as a mini car at regular size is just WRONG. Makes me glad that I've been frantically buying up the G1-inspired minis from the last few years. I'm basically just missing Powerglide but the prices I've seen so far are pretty steep for the size.

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh the reviews aren't helping with the holdout for clearance on those TROS X-wings, looking like the best Star Wars vehicles since 2012 at least(besides the Jabba barge)
Its just so hard to pull the trigger after paying $50 for the absolute turd Force Awakens one.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh the reviews aren't helping with the holdout for clearance on those TROS X-wings, looking like the best Star Wars vehicles since 2012 at least(besides the Jabba barge)
Its just so hard to pull the trigger after paying $50 for the absolute turd Force Awakens one.

All of the Vintage Collection vehicles have been great. The skiff is out now, too.
Too bad about the scale.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
I just received Omega Supreme after months of waiting and I'm (was) so excited!
K9azKbn.jpg

O3c2VMT.jpg

lKYhRvd.jpg

EJwdIhX.jpg

ucvyOdo.jpg

SqI2Wov.jpg

His bot form is great. Solid and very detailed. It was a joy to just look at him and pose him. Then I tried transforming him into the command center...

The instructions were very clear, but the parts were difficult to move into their positions. When I got to the legs, they would turn up to 45 degrees, then stop. I had to apply great force to get them to move beyond that as instructed, of which I was very reluctant to do! The price of this Transformer made me very careful to do anything with it, and I carefully reviewed the instructions to see if I missed a step in all my excitement... but I hadn't!

I slowly tried putting more and more force into it and, BAM, as soon as it got past that initial stopping force it quickly moved all the way into position. Same with the other leg.

Thinking that the hard part was done, I began work on attaching the beige tracks. These little joints did NOT want to go in, and it seemed like they were both soft plastic. Even when I thought I had joined them together, they would quickly fall apart. Again, after much force I was able to get all 4 track joints put together. I really feel like this part will break when I try to transform back... luckily it looks like Hasbro thought so, too, as the joints on the beige tracks look to be modular making it easy to replace with a small part, rather than having to send out a full track.
09RR4kG.jpg

rF4DMfm.jpg

Moving on, the tower was very interesting to put together and I enjoyed that bit... only the top and bottom parts of the tower meant to cover up inner workings do not join together well. The join mechanism for them is weak and even a little bit of a touch will cause them to pop off. While the track joints above were tough to put together, they do hold. These rocket joints just do not hold at all, while they are easy to initially bring together. It's like the designers just can't win here... :(

Once all put together, the tower would not stay upright and would lean... maybe due to the rocket walls popping off and causing the weight distribution to be off? The "legs" of the tower meant to hold it up will frequently buckle under their own weight causing the rocket to rest on it's jet... maybe it's supposed to be like that? Possibly?
nVxqd9M.jpg

y8aGVHH.jpg

uBTiFYi.jpg

Finally, the tank! It looks very good and was easy to transform with only minor concerns with the amount of force needed to open a part of it. This did not require as much force as the tracks or legs but it was a bit difficult. My only concern with the tank is that it will not remain on the track, especially when it reaches the part of the track that is made by the legs mentioned earlier.

All in all, it's an okay fig that I'm a little disappointed with because it costs $170. I'd really hoped for better quality as I had planned to display it as a big centerpiece in Command Center form with my collection. After all this I think I'll just have to keep it in bot form as that seems to be the form it was meant to be in.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
A couple more. I thought the blue would pop. Other light consists of an overhead LED bulb set for red, a pink neon light on the wall 30+ ft away, and the TV playing Halloween Wars re-runs on Hulu.

48856695197_b8dcee72c3_b.jpg

48856703652_6213a81cdb_b.jpg

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The red works much better on the troopers than the praetorians, imo. Looks great.

Apparently, Walmarts are starting to carry NECA products now, starting with a couple "new" exclusive Ultimate figures: Chucky and Evil Dead 2 Ash. Has anyone seen these at their local Walmarts?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Im really considering getting the Black Series Sister Inquisitor just to go with my Black Series Rebels characters .
61RI3OK.jpg
The design is ridiculously cool.

I always have a policy of not buying figures of characters unless I actually know who they are and watched/played the media they're from. I don't want to wind up with some figure of a character that ultimately sucked in execution...

... But I may start making exceptions. Between Second Sister, Mandalorian, and other recent Star Wars designs, they've put out some truly stunning characters from a visual standpoint.

Oct 25, 2017
The design is ridiculously cool.

I always have a policy of not buying figures of characters unless I actually know who they are and watched/played the media they're from. I don't want to wind up with some figure of a character that ultimately sucked in execution...

... But I may start making exceptions. Between Second Sister, Mandalorian, and other recent Star Wars designs, they've put out some truly stunning characters from a visual standpoint.
Im definitely the same for Black series at least(3.75 on the other hand I used to buy most of)
But she looks close enough to the Sister from Rebels which the black series never made a villain from besides Thrawn and she has an awesome design.
Would probably look cool in a display fighting Black Series Ahsoka or against Ezra & Sabine.