• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
The design is ridiculously cool.

I always have a policy of not buying figures of characters unless I actually know who they are and watched/played the media they're from. I don't want to wind up with some figure of a character that ultimately sucked in execution...

... But I may start making exceptions. Between Second Sister, Mandalorian, and other recent Star Wars designs, they've put out some truly stunning characters from a visual standpoint.

I should probably have done this a few years ago. I had preordered the Hot Toys Captain Phasma due to the hype before The Force Awakens was released. Not only was her role minimal in the movie but the figure itself sucked. Limited articulation, wrong visor lining color (supposed to be chrome/silver and not black) and my figure was bow-legged. Someone at GAF told me that she was supposed to be bow-legged...hahahahaha, gtfo. Anyway, she's my least favorite Hot Toys and the reason why I didn't sell it because the resell market for her at that time (and now) is crap. I didn't want to lose out on $100 so soon after I had received it. I probably should have bought Sideshow's PF instead.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I should probably have done this a few years ago. I had preordered the Hot Toys Captain Phasma due to the hype before The Force Awakens was released. Not only was her role minimal in the movie but the figure itself sucked. Limited articulation, wrong visor lining color (supposed to be chrome/silver and not black) and my figure was bow-legged. Someone at GAF told me that she was supposed to be bow-legged...hahahahaha, gtfo. Anyway, she's my least favorite Hot Toys and the reason why I didn't sell it because the resell market for her at that time (and now) is crap. I didn't want to lose out on $100 so soon after I had received it. I probably should have bought Sideshow's PF instead.

BBTS are doing their hardest to get rid of her. You get $175 of credit with them for buying her and she cost $250.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I almost bought a SH Figuarts Boba Fett and dark side Anikin but I'm trying really hard not to buy anymore of those for the next month or two because I've bought 4 already and my bank account is hurting. Also does anyone know of a decent large figure stand? I've got a couple of bigger Figuarts and I wanna put them in cases to display but can't find any that seem big enough to support them.

Last edited:

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can import toy companies hurry up and make a decent All Might figure from My Hero Academia? Why is the only offering the one from McFarlane Toys, of all companies?

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Can import toy companies hurry up and make a decent All Might figure from My Hero Academia? Why is the only offering the one from McFarlane Toys, of all companies?

There's an upcoming Revoltech one.

69930074_195250738171060_5230918407546166861_n.jpg

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
so uh... are they just not making any figures for the new joker movie? or are they waiting for comic con or something? seems really weird, I was actually first exposed to hot toys when they made their heath ledger joker. joker always seems like a sure thing. they even made a cesar romero joker hot toy ffs.

also weird because the bootlegs wait for nothing and are kinda amazing at this point:

toys-era-the-comedian8ijvi.jpg

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so uh... are they just not making any figures for the new joker movie? or are they waiting for comic con or something? seems really weird, I was actually first exposed to hot toys when they made their heath ledger joker. joker always seems like a sure thing. they even made a cesar romero joker hot toy ffs.

also weird because the bootlegs wait for nothing and are kinda amazing at this point:

It is weird because there's always a big marketing push the weeks leading up to the release and tied in with a movie's release. Even collector companies like Sideshow and MaFex have had nothing. #1 movie two weeks in a row and it's like DC and WB aren't even bothering with product.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017

Hot Toys has been giving DC properties the cold shoulder. Either delaying releases or not releasing anything at all. I'm ready to pull the trigger on that Toys Era version but I'll wait a few weeks and see if Hot Toys announce anything.

Oct 25, 2017
Man trying to sell a bunch of my Figma is sad,
not only getting rid of them but the the values just evaporated for most of them.

Im amazed someone was willing to pay $85 for Persona 4 Yu pre-owned with the sword missing(got lost in the move)

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Man trying to sell a bunch of my Figma is sad,
not only getting rid of them but the the values just evaporated for most of them.

Im amazed someone was willing to pay $85 for Persona 4 Yu pre-owned with the sword missing(got lost in the move)
I've been selling off a bunch of scales over the past year because I just have too damn many figures. I've been doing pretty well. But I do see a lot of stuff that depreciated pretty greatly over what the aftermarket prices used to be.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been selling off a bunch of scales over the past year because I just have too damn many figures. I've been doing pretty well. But I do see a lot of stuff that depreciated pretty greatly over what the aftermarket prices used to be.
Yup, I moved recently and just realized I had too darn many when I tried setting up in the new house.
I had over 100+ Figma, I think the only big sets im going to keep are Bakemonogatari and SAO

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I moved recently and just realized I had too darn many when I tried setting up in the new house.
I had over 100+ Figma, I think the only big sets im going to keep are Bakemonogatari and SAO
It feels good when you finally get that stuff under control. Now I just order the stuff I absolutely need. I have no figures this month, and only one in November. It's nice, and much less of a financial burden.

All these video games on the other hand...

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Great I thought I got scammed on Ebay so I bought an extra Figuarts first form Broly and then last night the guy who I thought was scamming me and not gonna mail it finally shipped my first order after almost 10 days so now I've spent almost 200 dollars on one figure.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Great I thought I got scammed on Ebay so I bought an extra Figuarts first form Broly and then last night the guy who I thought was scamming me and not gonna mail it finally shipped my first order after almost 10 days so now I've spent almost 200 dollars on one figure.
I ebay really your only option? I'd never feel comfortable ordering from there.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I ebay really your only option? I'd never feel comfortable ordering from there.

No but I was worried it was too late to pre order from Bigbadtoystore or Amazon and be guaranteed to get one and I was worried about having to pay reseller prices for the figure. I've ordered a bunch of figures off Ebay and never gotten a fake one I only own one fake figure and that was from an Amazon Seller store. I can probably trade the extra for a different figure plus it's my fault for being impatient I knew Japan got hit by that Typhoon last week which is probably why it was late anyway.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
the McFarlane figures look weird to me. Like All Might looks like he has no neck.

I actually ended up buying the McFarlane All Might. The proportions are definitely off and the paint quality is so cheap that I am afraid of posing him because it'll definitely cause chipping. But at just $20 it's acceptable for now until we get the ones from Kaiyodo and/or Max Factory. I don't think I'll pick up the other McF MHA figures except maybe Shigaraki.

ZYVj2Cb.jpg

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I guess I should consider myself lucky that up to now none of my packages have arrived badly messed up, but I'm still heated about it when I saw this on my doorstep yesterday. The figure(s) packaging inside was pretty much wrecked. They're just NECA figures nothing high-value and I'm not an MOC collector but this still suuucks. You can see where the USPS workers tried taping up where they fucked up the box, lol. Guess it happens to every collector sometime. Has everyone here gotten something like this before?

7h3OFMt.jpg
z9AjnEg.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I guess I should consider myself lucky that up to now none of my packages have arrived badly messed up, but I'm still heated about it when I saw this on my doorstep yesterday. The figure(s) packaging inside was pretty much wrecked. They're just NECA figures nothing high-value and I'm not an MOC collector but this still suuucks. You can see where the USPS workers tried taping up where they fucked up the box, lol. Guess it happens to every collector sometime. Has everyone here gotten something like this before?

7h3OFMt.jpg
z9AjnEg.jpg

Ouch. One time I had a series of packages arrive from BBTS that were all crushed. Eventually BBTS finally told me to stop choosing UPS as the deliverer. I switched to FedEx and haven't had any issues since. One of the packages looked like an elephant had stomped through the middle of it, and UPS simply taped it up like nothing had happened. The item inside was crushed.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ouch. One time I had a series of packages arrive from BBTS that were all crushed. Eventually BBTS finally told me to stop choosing UPS as the deliverer. I switched to FedEx and haven't had any issues since. One of the packages looked like an elephant had stomped through the middle of it, and UPS simply taped it up like nothing had happened. The item inside was crushed.

Oof that hurts just looking at it. What's even more amazing about your situation is that BBTS shipping packaging is known to be pretty sturdy, so your local UPS had to be extra careless.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017

7h3OFMt.jpg
z9AjnEg.jpg

I don't think I've ever had a package that bad.

It always worries me whenever I get a shipment from Sideshow Collectibles (their Premium Format line and Hot Toys) because they never double box their shit. They always send it in the brown shipper and I've had some bumps/dings before; and they're only three hours away from where I live! I can't imagine a package going out from there to someone on the East Coast.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Hey guys, sorry if slightly off topic but what's the best way/place to sell figures? Any tips?

I know eBay sounds like a battleground I don't really feel like stepping into, but I've got a closet full I'd love to sell to someone who would actually display and appreciate the things.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else picking up Prime 1's Jungle Hunter Predator?

pmdhpr-03dx_a04_press_dx.jpg

What scale are Prime Studio releases? This one is 72cm which is like 2.5ft tall, but the jungle base makes it hard to discern. Nice, either way.

I don't think I've ever had a package that bad.

It always worries me whenever I get a shipment from Sideshow Collectibles (their Premium Format line and Hot Toys) because they never double box their shit. They always send it in the brown shipper and I've had some bumps/dings before; and they're only three hours away from where I live! I can't imagine a package going out from there to someone on the East Coast.

That's pretty chintzy to just ship stuff out in the brown shipper especially for the prices Sideshow Collectibles asks for their stuff. You're from California too, then? I think Sideshow is located in SoCal, right? Makes them 6 hours away from me.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Got myself the black Jumbo Ludens and I have to say it is one gorgeous figure. The detail and paint job is amazing. It looks stunning in the flesh and is quite a bit bigger than i expected. It'll be my companion at my work desk and I couldn't be more happy.
890221.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
What scale are Prime Studio releases? This one is 72cm which is like 2.5ft tall, but the jungle base makes it hard to discern. Nice, either way.

Its 1/4th scale but reported to be a bit larger than that. They make everything from 1:1 scale to lifesize busts to 1/3 all the way down to 1/10 scale.

Last edited: