• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hit the jackpot at Walgreens today.
Got their exclusive ML Moonstar and Siege Ratchet.
They also had a clone commander Obi-Wan figure but I have no interest in EU.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally saw some NECA Ultimates at my local Walmarts. The new ones announced (Evil Dead 2 Ash, Chucky), but oddly there were some Ultimates from a while back, specifically the T2 Ultimate T800 and T1000. Wasn't expecting that.

I hope that this is a the start of a pattern of Walmart stocking discontinued Ultimates.

I hit the jackpot at Walgreens today.
Got their exclusive ML Moonstar and Siege Ratchet.
They also had a clone commander Obi-Wan figure but I have no interest in EU.

Still haven't found a Moonstar, sigh.

Last edited:

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally saw some NECA Ultimates at my local Walmarts. The new ones announced (Evil Dead 2 Ash, Chucky), but oddly there were some Ultimates from a while back, specifically the T2 Ultimate T800 and T1000. Wasn't expecting that.

I hope that this is a the start of a pattern of Walmart stocking discontinued Ultimates.

Still haven't found a Moonstar, sigh.

I still haven't seen an Emma Frost or Mystique.
Those Terminator figures aren't discontinued. NECA rereleases stuff all the time. Target has those figures, too. I also saw yet another rerelease of the alien queen at Target.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Saw there was some Replicade talk earlier -- anyone else in on the Kickstarter for Dragon's Lair 1/6th scale? My friend has all the cabinets thus far and is awaiting the Change Machine charger and carpet squares. I managed to resist until now but I'm such a sucker for DL. Now I'm hooked, bought both Centipede and Tempest and pre-ordered Street Fighter II. Will pick up the Change Machine charger (so I can have all my cabinets always on) and some carpet squares as soon as they are up for sale. After DL the next one up is Asteroids which looks amazing with not only the cabinet art but the bezel. To come are Capcom's 1942 (also includes 1943, 1944, and 1945 variations, I think) and Missile Command. Really wish they would come out with Dig Dug, Pac-Man, or the like but I'm afraid Numskull likely has exclusive on those for their 1/4th scale line -- ugh, hate that they are different scales!

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
well i couldn't help myself... it'll look great next to the blue variant

eTRzdIf.png

j6OKq3G.png

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
has anyone been getting the tooney terrors figures by Neca? I know the second wave is out (mike myers), but i haven't seen them in stores yet. anyone else see them yet?

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions?

I kind of want to get some of the Sengoku Basara Revoltechs without breaking the bank but I don't know if that is feasible and I'm not sure the best place to purchase. I see wildly different prices in different spots, so I'm not sure where a safe place to buy would be and what a reasonable price would be

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
has anyone been getting the tooney terrors figures by Neca? I know the second wave is out (mike myers), but i haven't seen them in stores yet. anyone else see them yet?

Only seen wave one in stores. I wanna pick me up the Pinhead and Leatherface

Edit: scratch that. I saw wave 2 at Target tonight. Picked up the Pinhead and Leatherface. Will probably go back for the Michael Myers, there were a lot of those on the pegs. Might be packed the most per case?

Last edited:

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody have tips for selling on ebay? Right now I'm trying to figure out how to limit to US buyers, but can't figure it out. Any other things to watch out for?

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody ever cancelled a pre-order from Storm Collectibles? Vendors now have the figure for cheaper and mine has never shipped from Storm. I emailed them, no response yet.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
So I think someone may have stole almost my entire Hot Toy Collection. I moved a few month ago in with a friend and I had a lot of shit so most things have been in boxes in the living room. We have people over all the time because we have parties and stuff. Well last night I was digging though my stuff and realized I can't find almost any of my Hot Toys. I feel so dumb for not taking better care of my stuff and for being so trusting. No way I'll be able to afford to buy them again. Off the top of my head i had Harley Quinn, Deadpool, Armored Batman, Adam West Batman, The Dark Night Batman, Jack Nicholson Joker, Heath Ledger Joker, Terminator 1, Robocop, Civil War Captain America, Darth Vader

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
So I think someone may have stole almost my entire Hot Toy Collection. I moved a few month ago in with a friend and I had a lot of shit so most things have been in boxes in the living room. We have people over all the time because we have parties and stuff. Well last night I was digging though my stuff and realized I can't find almost any of my Hot Toys. I feel so dumb for not taking better care of my stuff and for being so trusting. No way I'll be able to afford to buy them again. Off the top of my head i had Harley Quinn, Deadpool, Armored Batman, Adam West Batman, The Dark Night Batman, Jack Nicholson Joker, Heath Ledger Joker, Terminator 1, Robocop, Civil War Captain America, Darth Vader

Oof sorry to hear that man. :( Quite a few of those are some killer and high value figures now too. No way of tracking down or remembering the folks who have been over? Perhaps ask your friend/roommate for help? Could the boxes have been moved?

Of course I see this post about figures going missing after I just prematurely signed off on a Hot Toys figure arriving tomorrow via UPS....

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
TROS Kylo Ren announced. Looks to have the excellent tailoring and head sculpt from the last release only tweaked with the wind swept hair and breathing LED helmet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have TFA release but passed on TLJ version but I've been tempted lately seeing others have it and their poses. Definitely going to wait for this release now instead. Hopefully they fix the Rey figure tho....lol

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017

Oh man that sucks to hear. Can't imagine how I'd feel if my stuff was stolen by people I invited into my home.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
You can access their channel just fine, but in their newest video they say they won't be producing any more videos or content on YouTube due to COPPA etc.

Ah, that sucks.

Does the law not apply to videos that are already released, or is everyone going to go back and remove all their content just in case (which would suck even more).

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ah, that sucks.

Does the law not apply to videos that are already released, or is everyone going to go back and remove all their content just in case (which would suck even more).

I'm pretty sure it applies to old stuff, but the penalties won't start hitting until January.

Oct 27, 2017

Shit man I'm sorry to hear that. I cant even imagine ughh

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh my f'n god. I just walked into an Anime/Manga/Nerd store today and just found out about the company NECA.
Extremely high detailed movie figures for a ridiculously low price.
A whole new world opened to me and I have to buy the fuck out of their repertoire now. And I already can't keep up with my wrestling collection but I can't pass unbelievable figures like these for 30-35€.

jlchuqa.jpg

RS9caoc.jpg

e9h1uHJ.jpg

xs66Lqv.jpg

hXbixvn.jpg

JGOyPS6.jpg

G26owpm.jpg

oNsDMiT.jpg

Ir6IA4o.jpg

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Oh my f'n god. I just walked into an Anime/Manga/Nerd store today and just found out about the company NECA.
Extremely high detailed movie figures for a ridiculously low price.
A whole new world opened to me and I have to buy the fuck out of their repertoire now. And I already can't keep up with my wrestling collection but I can't pass unbelievable figures like these for 30-35€.

jlchuqa.jpg

RS9caoc.jpg

e9h1uHJ.jpg

xs66Lqv.jpg

hXbixvn.jpg

JGOyPS6.jpg

G26owpm.jpg

oNsDMiT.jpg

Ir6IA4o.jpg

Lawd RIP to your wallet. lol They really are a great company and cater to a wide range of licenses so I'm always excited for NECA's stuff. I've currently got their Splinter and Shredder on preorder.

My Star Wars Hot Toys haul, TLJ Luke Skywalker. Apologies for the so so photos but this is one of my favorite figures I've acquired in my collection I think!
L4ITfBC.jpg

WFOEhIB.jpg

bhHxyip.jpg

Oct 27, 2018
A while back my mum turned up at my house and presented my 2 year old daughter with a toy figure. "Uncle Mike!" she exclaimed. It was infact this Harry Potter "popco" figure. 😂 It just so happens to look a little bit like my brother, purely cos he has dark hair and glasses.

I thought it would be funny to have a random assortment of toys to represent my family. Also, the style of this figure is great because it's really small - about 4" max - and really poseble.

I had a quick look and straight away I found this Mace Windu figure which seems exactly the same type of toy to the Harry Potter one, and could definitely pass as my dad. That's "grandad" sorted.

So now I need one for me, my wife (mummy) my mum (nanny). Will possible extend to the wife's side of the family depending on prices. Probably got about £50 to blow on this fun idea.

Struggling to find more of this type of figure. eBaying revealed there are some from The Golden Compass and also from Indiana Jones.

Can any action figure experts shed any light on whether there are many of this type of figure available and if so, from what sort of series? And are there any specific brands I could search or places other than eBay I could look? I don't mind preowned or new.

Seems to be mostly Star Wars but there's a noticeable lack of female characters from that - especially blonde ones. 😣

Last edited:

Bii

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry to hear that. Some of those figures have risen quite a bit in the aftermarket. I hope you can find the means to replace them.
Unrelated but I had my Dreamcast, PS Vita and laptop stolen a decade ago. Aside from the laptop, I couldn't bring myself to build up the library for them again and instead, purchased my favorite games that I could replace.

TROS Kylo Ren announced. Looks to have the excellent tailoring and head sculpt from the last release only tweaked with the wind swept hair and breathing LED helmet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have TFA release but passed on TLJ version but I've been tempted lately seeing others have it and their poses. Definitely going to wait for this release now instead. Hopefully they fix the Rey figure tho....lol

I, too, have the TFA version. The only complaint about that one was that it didn't include a head sculpt of Adam Driver, which I assume was a licensing issue before the figure was released. I had been eyeing the TLJ version because of the head sculpt but now that the TROS version was revealed, I'll wait for that one.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
After skipping any Star Wars figures from the New Trilogy I think I am going all in for any Figuarts figures from the Mandalorian, Got the Mando pre-ordered and saw a picture online of other characters that are coming too. Just love the character designs too much of this new show.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After skipping any Star Wars figures from the New Trilogy I think I am going all in for any Figuarts figures from the Mandalorian, Got the Mando pre-ordered and saw a picture online of other characters that are coming too. Just love the character designs too much of this new show.

I've only bought OT Figuarts stuff lately, and I kinda regret even that.
The cape on the newest Vader is just terrible.
It's the simplest cape in the world to copy, too. It blows my mind. And wired clothes should be illegal.
I preordered the newest Stormtrooper assuming that they'd make it even more poseable than the kit. The added weight and durability of an action figure would just be bonuses.
But naw, the articulation is actually quite a bit worse than the kit. Everything is worse. Everything. It's not a disaster, just overpriced and pointless.

At least there have been some really cheap figures that I've been satisfied with lately. You can get the Black Series Wedge for $14.99 right now. That's a steal.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
If you collect Marvel Legends and have been holding off on the Caliban X-men wave or the Endgame Hulk wave, they are on sale at BBTS for 115 bucks for each set. However, the Endgame Hulk wave has no really in demand figures (like Beast and Jubilee) so it's actually slightly cheaper right now to buy them individually at Amazon.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was able to get the newest Figuarts Vader looking the best I've seen in this scale after about two hours of fiddling with the cape wires while constantly removing and reattaching the head. I think I'm going to leave it as a statue for now.

If you collect Marvel Legends and have been holding off on the Caliban X-men wave or the Endgame Hulk wave, they are on sale at BBTS for 115 bucks for each set. However, the Endgame Hulk wave has no really in demand figures (like Beast and Jubilee) so it's actually slightly cheaper right now to buy them individually at Amazon.

That's weird. Just last week Rescue was $40 and Beta Ray Bill was $27.

Last edited:

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm, the delivery date on my Mezco One:12 Freddy just went from today to "Fuck if we know.".
The reviews I've seen have me pretty excited, though.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just about had a heart attack when I saw that the Mezco One:12 Bluto was already up for pre-order, but then I saw that it wasn't an exclusive.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm selling my Mezco Dark Knight Returns MDX dark blue version batman. Apparently it's pretty rare. Any Idea what I should price it at? I've seen prices in the 300s all the way up to 1k, so I'm kind of lost lol. I was looking on ebay, but not a huge number show up there

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone. I thought we could celebrate this 2019 as a community by talking about our TOP 3 FIGURES OF 2019!
I made a survey form where you can list your picks: https://forms.gle/EtqDqmTPR71b2JXX8

It covers both figures AND statues/vinyl, so don't feel like you can't participate!
I'll share the results on the 20th and I'll make an infograph or something too.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS to buy the MAFEX John Wick Chapter 2 figure?

I know how dicey it is to buy Mafex with their spotty QC and all that shit buuuuuuut it looks really nice and I'm on that Xmas buy something stupid foolishness.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS to buy the MAFEX John Wick Chapter 2 figure?

I know how dicey it is to buy Mafex with their spotty QC and all that shit buuuuuuut it looks really nice and I'm on that Xmas buy something stupid foolishness.
I have Chapter 1's fig and he's like, $65 cool. I paid $80.

If we calculate and compare how much better Chapter 2's faceprint and the differences in loadout, I would say Chapter 2's fig is around $80 cool.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I have Chapter 1's fig and he's like, $65 cool. I paid $80.

If we calculate and compare how much better Chapter 2's faceprint and the differences in loadout, I would say Chapter 2's fig is around $80 cool.

My brother gave me Chapter 1 as a gift when he came back from Japan and it's seriously one of my favorite figures. To a point where I'm sort of just mentally say I paid 100 for both of them haha, kinda want all the Wick I can possibly muster tbh.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
My brother gave me Chapter 1 as a gift when he came back from Japan and it's seriously one of my favorite figures. To a point where I'm sort of just mentally say I paid 100 for both of them haha, kinda want all the Wick I can possibly muster tbh.
If you like 1 that much, I think not getting 2 would be a huge mistake. lol