• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Are Mcfarlane's figures all in the same scale now (I know they changed the Halo scale, for instance)? Like is the Doom guy the same scale as this Bloodshot and are those in the same scale as the DC figures (which are not at all in scale with any previous DC figures)?

If you're a sucker like me and still pay for DC Universe, they had an interview with McFarlane about the toys a couple of weeks ago. I have to admit, if I saw some of those on the shelf at the store I'd be tempted. But none of them are on the shelf at the store, and I think some of them are even retailer exclusives or something.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Excited to nab the Marauder to go with doom guy.

Hoping my Poptoys Devoted Samurai 1/6 arrives tomorrow. Definitely looks like the best 1/6 figure releasing this year so far but I'm also pumped for Arthur Morgan from LiM.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Rumors are that Jazwares is doing the new GI Joe 4" figures and are showing them off behind closed doors. These will be coming out closer to the new movie in the fall. The 6" by Hasbro will be this summer and based on updated classic ARAH designs.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Does Anybody in here have the Diamond Select Castlevania Figures from the Netflix Show?
If so, do the Figures allow for good posing without falling over? (especially interested in getting Alucard btw)

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Does Anybody in here have the Diamond Select Castlevania Figures from the Netflix Show?
If so, do the Figures allow for good posing without falling over? (especially interested in getting Alucard btw)

If you look at the last page, I think these are the same figures that Brooklynwolf did a video review of, so if it's not addressed in his review he should know.

Brooklynwolf

Banned
Jan 5, 2020
Hey, its a bit of a weirdly specific question, but is the Alucard poseable enough to get him into a nice unsheathing-pose with his hands grabbing the sword/sheath respectivley?
Thanks!

You can, but it won't look natural. Natural in the sense where normally the sheathe would be hanging off the belt on the left side of his waist right? And you have the left hand holding onto the sheathe with the right arm pulling the sword out. THAT isn't possible because the arms can't get close enough to the body to pull that off.

What you can do is have both arms raised in front of him, mid draw of the sword with the right hand, left hand holding the sheathe. I guess it can still look badass...but you'll have to experiment. As for the "natural" way drawing of the sword, it's not possible.

Hope that helps.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
has anyone else noticed the price for marvel legends creeping up? some of the stores near me are now selling them for $30 which is wayyyyy to much for me to spend.

surprised they didn't jump to $25 first.

either way, have most of the xmen, avengers, ff, and a handful of spidermen. i might be good calling it quits.

hard to justify two plastic toys that cost as much as a new switch game.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Poptoys Devoted Samurai aka Tom Cruise from The Last Samurai finally arrived today. Holy shit. It might go down as one of the best 1/6 figures produced and definitely my top figure in my collection.

I'm still futzing with mine so i shamelessly stole these snaps off a fellow collector on the Sideshow forums but it looks the same.
samurai2.png

samurai3.png

Every piece of the armor is die cast metal as well as the weapons and spear. I ordered the Deluxe so it came with more display pieces including the spear with the white tiger flag along with the helmet and display box...made of real wood and brass for the corners and handle. I'm just super impressed with the whole thing.

The box itself is quite the presentation rivaling Hot Toys recent releases and includes a teaser for Katsumoto (Ken Watanabe) they'll be producing next.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
You can, but it won't look natural. Natural in the sense where normally the sheathe would be hanging off the belt on the left side of his waist right? And you have the left hand holding onto the sheathe with the right arm pulling the sword out. THAT isn't possible because the arms can't get close enough to the body to pull that off.

What you can do is have both arms raised in front of him, mid draw of the sword with the right hand, left hand holding the sheathe. I guess it can still look badass...but you'll have to experiment. As for the "natural" way drawing of the sword, it's not possible.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, it helped! :)
Got mine today and I'm really happy with it actually!

6906990-4717475156-69068.gif

2zaCbsq.jpg

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
has anyone else noticed the price for marvel legends creeping up? some of the stores near me are now selling them for $30 which is wayyyyy to much for me to spend.

surprised they didn't jump to $25 first.

either way, have most of the xmen, avengers, ff, and a handful of spidermen. i might be good calling it quits.

hard to justify two plastic toys that cost as much as a new switch game.

Are you in the US? No way is the standard price 30 bucks now (at least for normal sized figs), but it did creep up. Like on Hasbro Pulse, their official shop, all the Black Widow wave are 21.49 instead of 20 bucks.

Tranformers rose in price with Siege as well.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Are you in the US? No way is the standard price 30 bucks now (at least for normal sized figs), but it did creep up. Like on Hasbro Pulse, their official shop, all the Black Widow wave are 21.49 instead of 20 bucks.

Tranformers rose in price with Siege as well.

Yup, one of the targets near me had them marked up like that. i went to another one, and they were still $20. gamestop now has them for $25... hoping it was just an error at that one target.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, one of the targets near me had them marked up like that. i went to another one, and they were still $20. gamestop now has them for $25... hoping it was just an error at that one target.

Was it the Wendigo wave that was marked up? There was a tag going around at 29.99 on those for some reason but I haven't seen the jump locally.

Gamestop however did bump the Super Skrull and Demogoblin waves up to 29.99 for no good reason. It's very odd pricing - some of the Black Widow preorders are at 22.99 some at 24.99, Venom BAF repaint is 29.99.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
wow I don't even like G.I Joe but thats a great looking figure and I'm a sucker for accesories. Finally picked up the Legends Grey Hulk but he looks so good in the package I'm having trouble opening him. I really want to get the SDCC exclusive 90s Hulk but I can't find him anywhere for less than 70 bucks ughhhh

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Target does regional pricing... basically if it's in a better neighborhood, prices will be higher by a buck or two (though I've never seen a 10 dollar difference) than one like 10 miles away. The only Target around here that has the McFarlane DC figures has them marked up above 20 bucks, which is why I haven't bought any yet.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was it the Wendigo wave that was marked up? There was a tag going around at 29.99 on those for some reason but I haven't seen the jump locally.

Gamestop however did bump the Super Skrull and Demogoblin waves up to 29.99 for no good reason. It's very odd pricing - some of the Black Widow preorders are at 22.99 some at 24.99, Venom BAF repaint is 29.99.

The Venom BAF is $29.99 because it's huge. The torso is so big that they had to split it into two pieces to get it inside a normal ML box. The carded gray Hulk was priced higher than the rest of the retro carded stuff for the same reason.
Archangel was more expensive and in a bigger box, too.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
The Venom BAF is $29.99 because it's huge. The torso is so big that they had to split it into two pieces to get it inside a normal ML box. The carded gray Hulk was priced higher than the rest of the retro carded stuff for the same reason.
Archangel was more expensive and in a bigger box, too.

I'm not saying the larger figures shouldn't be higher than regular single cards - I was just pointing out their weird and inconsistent they've gotten with their pricing. Venom is in line with every other retailer but Demogoblin/Super Skrull waves are 8-10 dollars above.

Retro carded Deadpool is 24.99 from Hasbro and 39.99 from Gamestop.
Retro Gray Hulk was 34.99 at Amazon/Hasbro and 49.99 at Gamestop.

Sometimes the 2 packs are in line with other retailers and sometimes they are 45 or 50.

Last edited:

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
That Snake-Eyes looks amazing. I'm glad Hasbro held off for so long on this. Their current 6" figures are so strong, and it looks like they're bringing their A-Game here. I can't wait to see the rest.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
That Snake-Eyes looks amazing. I'm glad Hasbro held off for so long on this. Their current 6" figures are so strong, and it looks like they're bringing their A-Game here. I can't wait to see the rest.

Same. I loved the 25th anniversary Joes but ended up getting rid of all of my 3 3/4 stuff at one point. Plus looking at it next to a Marvel Legend in some pics I"ll have another line to add onto with customs using my ML parts.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not saying the larger figures shouldn't be higher than regular single cards - I was just pointing out their weird and inconsistent they've gotten with their pricing. Venom is in line with every other retailer but Demogoblin/Super Skrull waves are 8-10 dollars above.

Retro carded Deadpool is 24.99 from Hasbro and 39.99 from Gamestop.
Retro Gray Hulk was 34.99 at Amazon/Hasbro and 49.99 at Gamestop.

Sometimes the 2 packs are in line with other retailers and sometimes they are 45 or 50.

The Demogoblin wave is still $19-20 where I live.
The 80th anniversary stuff was priced higher than normal at first, and then later waves were back to normal.
I'm definitely not looking forward to price hikes.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Poptoys Devoted Samurai aka Tom Cruise from The Last Samurai finally arrived today. Holy shit. It might go down as one of the best 1/6 figures produced and definitely my top figure in my collection.

I'm still futzing with mine so i shamelessly stole these snaps off a fellow collector on the Sideshow forums but it looks the same.
samurai2.png

samurai3.png

Every piece of the armor is die cast metal as well as the weapons and spear. I ordered the Deluxe so it came with more display pieces including the spear with the white tiger flag along with the helmet and display box...made of real wood and brass for the corners and handle. I'm just super impressed with the whole thing.

The box itself is quite the presentation rivaling Hot Toys recent releases and includes a teaser for Katsumoto (Ken Watanabe) they'll be producing next.

This is insane! It really looks like a mini Tom Cruise for your shelf. Now I gotta check where I can get one of those in Europe.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mezco is in the Predator game now.
You'll be able to get everything in the world in 1/12 soon. Except Transformers.

Oct 25, 2017
I think my biggest thing I want to see at Toy Fair is whatever the hell Mattel is going to do with the master Top Gun license they picked up.
Personal hope is they continue to take a run at 3.75 while Hasbro's focus is 6'
You can do it Mattel
Give me a throwback toyline
2sdcc-2011-gi-joe_1309981793.jpg

174659d1494472791-godzilla-f-18-strike-hornet-godzilla-f18.jpg

Trendmasters-ID4-Independence-Day-Electronic-F-18-Desert-Squadron-_57.jpg

Last edited:

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
So glad. I know people were complaining about the quality of the 3 inch figures for Star Wars, but the 6 inch figure have got so good for both Star Wars and Marvel that I would hate to have a repeat of Toy Biz losing marvel (to hasbro ironically) to Mattel or McFarlane.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
hasbropulse.com

G.I. Joe Classified Series Snake Eyes Deluxe Action Figure Hasbro Puls

Limit of 5 per customer. G.I. Joe is a highly skilled, on-demand, special operations force of men and women from around the globe. These extraordinarily talented heroes are selected for their elite abilities and tasked with defending the world from Cobra, a ruthless criminal organization bent on...

Snake Eyes is up for ordering.

Got my order in! I'm not even a big fan of the IP but the figure looks too damn good to pass up.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
news.toyark.com

Wonder Woman ’84 – New DC Multiverse Figures by McFarlane Toys

Two new DC Multiverse 7" Scale Figures have been announced by McFarlane Toys. They have posted product pages for two new Wonder Woman figures, which are based on the upcoming Wonder Woman 1984 movie. They feature Wonder Woman in her standard costume, as well as her Gold Armor. The figures will...

Wonder-Woman-84-McFarlane-Toys.jpg

McFarlane-Wonder-Woman-84-DC-Multiverse-008.jpg

McFarlane-Wonder-Woman-84-Gold-DC-Multiverse-008.jpg

news.toyark.com

New Photos of the Mortal Kombat 11 – Spawn Figure by McFarlane Toys

Todd McFarlane has shared a few photos of the upcoming McFarlane Toys - Spawn 7″ Scale Figure, based on his appearance in Mortal Kombat 11. the figure is coming to stores in March. Spawn stands 7" tall with about 22 points of articulation. He includes a plastic cape and a sword. It will be priced...

MK11-Spawn-Figure-001.jpg

MK11-Spawn-Figure-003.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Okay, so having seen the 6" Joe's, I can easily say I'm not impressed. Can someone explain to me why people have been clamoring for this scale shift? People were raging at Sigma Six's scale change, but they've been wanting this one. Why? Microman already proved you can have a high degree of articulation on a 4" figure, so that can't be the only reason people wanted this. This all just kind of defeats the purpose of having a pocket sized, highly poseable action figure.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The new 6" Joes look like a Kickstarter project that's trying to avoid a cease and desist.
Are these based on a Fortnite crossover or something?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Okay, so having seen the 6" Joe's, I can easily say I'm not impressed. Can someone explain to me why people have been clamoring for this scale shift? People were raging at Sigma Six's scale change, but they've been wanting this one. Why? Microman already proved you can have a high degree of articulation on a 4" figure, so that can't be the only reason people wanted this. This all just kind of defeats the purpose of having a pocket sized, highly poseable action figure.

No it's because they wanted quality figures, Sigma 6 was awful cheap figures with little to no articulation and also based of a really unpopular take on GI Joe that felt like a wanna be anime rip off. Black Series, Marvel Legends, etc have become the new standard that has been popular and are much sturdier and impressive figures. The old scale of figures while modernized can have articulation, also become extremely fragile and there is limits to how good of detail you can get without greatly increasing the cost of the figures.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I should really pay more attention to what Nendoroids are in active production.

I just looked up the price for a Korra Nendoroid >_<

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Man, I would've gone nuts for these kids-focused Ghostbusters toys when I was that age. They're surprisingly more movie-accurate than the old Kenner stuff. Now I'm really looking forward to the collector focused stuff that Hasbro will show off tomorrow.

Also there's a rumor that we're getting a classic/vintage Spider-Man ML wave so I'm hoping we're finally get a John Romita Sr.-inspired Spidey to go with all the 80th anniversary stuff that came out last year.