• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No it's because they wanted quality figures, Sigma 6 was awful cheap figures with little to no articulation and also based of a really unpopular take on GI Joe that felt like a wanna be anime rip off. Black Series, Marvel Legends, etc have become the new standard that has been popular and are much sturdier and impressive figures. The old scale of figures while modernized can have articulation, also become extremely fragile and there is limits to how good of detail you can get without greatly increasing the cost of the figures.

Sigma 6 was like a Team America marionette mixed with anime take on G.I. Joe in an oddball scale.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Sigma 6 was like a Team America marionette mixed with anime take on G.I. Joe in an oddball scale.

The whole Sigma 6 line was a disaster. "anime is hot, make a shitty GI Joe anime!" And the old fans hated the shift in scale.

Now to be fair ton of the old crotchety fans detest the idea of 6" GI Joe.

Oct 25, 2017
Man hasbro has trouble selling this shit with the Star Wars name on it, they think kids are gonna buy it with retro Ghostbusters?
E9766-GHB-Fright-Features-Figure_OOP.jpg

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Hooray I found the Stepford Cuckoo at Wallgreen. They had three so I bought all three. My wallet hates it but it was worth it.

jtZoZK3.jpg

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Eh, the 5-inch Ghostbusters stuff is fine for a kids-oriented line. The stuff to look out for is the collector's line that'll be coming tomorrow.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So, uh, I actually didn't mind Sigma Six as a kids focused line. I especially loved the container full of weapons. And it's not like it killed Joe (the movie lines did).

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Just saw the rest of the Ghostbuster kids toys and damn am I jelly. They get a movie proton pack, PKE meter, wand, and new "ghost whistle". I just had the cartoon toys as a kid.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I dunno, the new Joe stuff seems ok, but I think part of that is because it's been so long since Joe has been out. Like Star Wars, I'm not too excited about paying 20 bucks a pop, and I still feel like the bigger size loses one of the biggest draws of either toyline, which is semi affordable vehicles.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! Getting them all! I still my original ones in almost mint condition too!

I only ever had Peter from the original wave sans Proton Pack so this will be a dream come true for me. I might look into refurbishing my childhood Kenner Ecto-1 in anticipation for these guys. :D

I do wonder how the Plasma figure line will compare to the Matty one. I would hope they have better face sculpts.

EDIT: Oh, neat! The packs will be removable on the Plasma figs!

Last edited:

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
Duke looks great. Probably my favorite out of the new reveals. I don't know how anyone can look at these figures and think Hasbro messed up. They are very clearly based on classic figures. I wonder if that vest on Roadblock is sculpted onto the figure, or if it's a separate piece and he's rocking a green tank top underneath it.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Duke looks great. Probably my favorite out of the new reveals. I don't know how anyone can look at these figures and think Hasbro messed up. They are very clearly based on classic figures. I wonder if that vest on Roadblock is sculpted onto the figure, or if it's a separate piece and he's rocking a green tank top underneath it.

If someone showed me Roadblock without context I'd think it was a canceled Overwatch variant figure.
Snake Eyes is about what I expected. Scarlett is somewhere in-between, but much closer to Roadblock.

Going over the first several years of 3.75" G.I. Joe, Roadblock v2 is the only one made before 1988 that I've never seen before. Might have something to do with it, but I doubt that.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Man if I see a Top Gun figure tomorrow packaged in branding like
Toy%2BFair%2B2020%2BUK%2BRevell%2BModel%2BKits%2BTop%2BGun%2B05.jpg

Im going to die, that is something I wanted and dreamed about my entire childhood from like 4 years old.
When I was a kid I didn't have a GI Joe named "Ace" he was Maverick from the second I got that set as a gift.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Someone got close-up pics of the GB Plasma figs.

c-vfbg-frty5677567.jpg

Eh, the likenesses aren't too great but at least Egon doesn't have super thick framed glasses like the Matty and DST figures. Also, Ray isn't pin-headed like the Matty figure was.

EDIT: Speaking of 80s media based toylines: When the fuck are we going to get 6-inch Back to the Future figures?!

Last edited:

Furiousone

Oct 29, 2017
I have a massive 3 3/4 inch vintage Joe collection. I had all of the 25th, 30th and POC lines, but sold them later to go more vintage. Here are my thoughts on the new line. Love the new Snake Eyes, good look and articulation, good balance of the classic design with a modern flare. Scarlett/Roadblock- like the sculpts, but the color schemes are just a bit off. Disappointed in the accessories/lack thereof. Duke- limited images, but looks good so far. You can kind of get an idea of where they are going Cobra wise if you look at the Exclusive Snake Eyes box art, it has teasers of CC, Baroness and Destro.

Overall I'm excited to see these, but it is a bit of a mixed bag. My major concern is space with the bigger scale- I don't have a lot extra and I'm not taking down my vintage Joes. Hopefully we see a lot more today.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I just preorder my first and hopefully last nendoroid, it's Far From Home Spider-man, I always like SD Spider-man figure, already have some from hot toys and the nendoroid proportion remind me of that so I want to get it.
5bda23e0da7d21da93b0df024547d186

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Damn NECA going all in for TMNT. I might have to cop movie Casey Jones but Super Shredder looks insane.

Holy fuck NECA has BTTF?! Jaws?! Defenders of the Earth

Edit: damn!

Last edited:

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Wish it was easier to get NECA figures. Ever since Toys R Us went bankrupt, it hard to buy them outside of Target which I don't visit much. Also why is Marty towering over the guy from Jaws?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I haven't touched Marvel Legends since the old days and the build a figure being the giant Sentinel but I'm gonna need those movie figures and Old Man Logan for sure.

Also a Hasbro Labs Sentinel?!

This Star Wars stuff on the Pulse stream can jump off a cliff for all I'm concerned. lol

Oct 25, 2017
I really think Hasbro fucked up with these 6" Joes looking at all the reactions
1. Main fanbase hates the scale
2. fanbase that accepts the scale seems to hate the sci-fi aesthetic.

I absolutely hate the figures but I kinda dig the packaging on the kid Ghostbusters figures
1582360700474.jpg

Last edited:

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Well holy shit we're finally getting Back to the Future figures. I don't see a DeLorean happening at NECA's scale but beggars can't be choosers concerning this license. lol

EDIT: Wait, I just caught the end of the Hasbro stream but saw something that caught my eye: Are they making a Nuetrona Wand replica?

EDIT 2: FUCK the RGB reissues are Wal-Mart exclusive. :(

Last edited:

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Well holy shit we're finally getting Back to the Future figures. I don't see a DeLorean happening at NECA's scale but beggars can't be choosers concerning this license. lol

EDIT: Wait, I just caught the end of the Hasbro stream but saw something that caught my eye: Are they making a Nuetrona Wand replica?!?!?

EDIT 2: FUCK the RGB reissues are Wal-Mart exclusive. :(

The wand and figures are up for preorder.

Mattel weirdly has no MOTU at TF....

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
35967976-2-FA2-4-A65-AE44-13-C26-AD68-A85.jpg

I count ten characters in this art. We're getting five figures per wave. I wonder if the next wave will consist of the remaining figures.

Wave 1
Snake-Eyes
Duke
Scarlett
Roadblock
Destro

Wave 2
Cobra Commander
Baroness
Alley Viper
Cobra Red Ninja
Gung-Ho

They could replace the generic Cobra Red Ninja with Storm Shadow, but I think he could be the "star" figure in the third wave.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA