• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Yet don't they carry the generic military figure line at Walmart?
They have some military sets in those generic redbox toyline sets they have
also that cheap "The Corps" brand but they don't stock/carry it well(get 1 large shipment and sit on it for a year +) and even then that company is trying to get away from just military and into sci-fi, dinos, Jumanji, etc

Even Big Lots dropped their cheap line of import military toys they've carried for like 15 years
world-peacekeepers-military-anti-aircraft-missile-army-vehicle-toy-with-2-figures-514-p.jpg

Figures were always shit but they did far more and cheaper vehicles than Hasbro

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
At the Toys R Us in Canada we got shelves full of stuff like above, they take up a ton of space, it's the reason why I don't think 6 Inch Joe toys is a problem aside from possibly price.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
At the Toys R Us in Canada we got shelves full of stuff like above, they take up a ton of space, it's the reason why I don't think 6 Inch Joe toys is a problem aside from possibly price.

Well noted. The market is much different than it was in the 1980-90's, but I think there is room for a market that allows for 2-3 vehicles per year on a more scaled back production. There are probably 15 or so iconic vehicles that Hasbro would have on its bucket list, so they could space out their released strategically and then if the line proves successful, outsource the more larger pieces like the Hovercraft and Skystriker to crowdfunding.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is what an actual 6" F-14 looks like.
Well, not really because it's undersized by around 3 inches.

IMG-0388-1280x1065.jpg

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
At Target and Walmart, I see Lego and Barbie playsets and accessories on their shelves that take up prime space. Many preschool toys have package sizes that are around the same size as action figure vehicles and playsets.

And with Star Wars, they still release vehicles and playsets, albeit on a more limited scale.

Maybe in this case today, Hasbro could release one or 2 vehicle a year. Keep it safe and basic by sticking to the earlier pieces like the VAMP and Mauler rather than investing in the vehicles that began to verge into sci-fi territory like the Havoc and SHARC.

I don't keep track like I used to but the only time I remember a Star Wars 6 inch large vehicle on a B&M shelf, it was the Black series Tie Fighter, and they had to clearance them out to move them. Though they did have the landspeeder/Rey's speeder type of two packs, and those seemed to move well enough. I just don't think Joe is anywhere near the draw that Star Wars is. I would love to be wrong, though.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Crap. Target cancelled my Shredder/Krang 2 pack order. Ugh, U.S. territories always get screwed in shipping. Looks like my only hope of grabbing any of the exclusive TMNT figures is buying em off a scalper :(
Neca mentioned something about a global release for these guys, yeah?
Screen-Shot-2020-02-27-at-10.08.41-AM.png

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Crap. Target cancelled my Shredder/Krang 2 pack order. Ugh, U.S. territories always get screwed in shipping. Looks like my only hope of grabbing any of the exclusive TMNT figures is buying em off a scalper :(
Neca mentioned something about a global release for these guys, yeah?
Screen-Shot-2020-02-27-at-10.08.41-AM.png

I saw two of those today when I went to Target. It was the only ones they had there.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I saw two of those today when I went to Target. It was the only ones they had there.

These are usually in the videogame "nerd" aisle and not the regular toy section, right?

Those aisles have such a weird variety of things. At some Targets, they're like a single shelf/endcap and others have like several shelves. One Target has stuff like My Hero Academia nendoroids which I've never seen anywhere else... others have like Banpresto statues. And some have none of those. And like I said, I've never seen even the remnants of NECA turtles.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
These are usually in the videogame "nerd" aisle and not the regular toy section, right?

Those aisles have such a weird variety of things. At some Targets, they're like a single shelf/endcap and others have like several shelves. One Target has stuff like My Hero Academia nendoroids which I've never seen anywhere else... others have like Banpresto statues. And some have none of those. And like I said, I've never seen even the remnants of NECA turtles.

Yes

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Went to target last night looking for Red Hulk but didnt have any luck. They did have that Shredder and Krang 2 pack in stock and damn they look nice but I cant commit to anymore lines

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Man, it sucks I missed out on the RGB figures. Figures Wal-Mart would put them up when I was at work. :\

Hopefully they won't be too difficult to find in-store.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Man, it sucks I missed out on the RGB figures. Figures Wal-Mart would put them up when I was at work. :\

Hopefully they won't be too difficult to find in-store.
Wait what??? They went up? I was checking the Wal Mart site all last weekend and they were taken down and replaced with the other ones, but I never saw them go back up.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Wait what??? They went up? I was checking the Wal Mart site all last weekend and they were taken down and replaced with the other ones, but I never saw them go back up.

They went up on Tuesday.

Peter: https://www.walmart.com/ip/539126937

Egon: https://www.walmart.com/ip/661110445

Winston: https://www.walmart.com/ip/875965494

Ray: https://www.walmart.com/ip/206601955

Slimer: https://www.walmart.com/ip/503897003

Stay Puft: https://www.walmart.com/ip/916010669

By the time I got home the GBs were sold out. :(

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Thanks, just signed up for the alerts for them. Weird that if you do a search for them, none of them show up.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Has anyone heard of or shopped at thechosenprime.com?
Haven't heard of them before but they have a figure I can't seem to find anywhere else and I was wondering if they were reliable.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I went to a Target in the middle of nowhere and found the Shredder/Krang set. I had no idea this line was 6". I thought NECA only did 7", 8" and 18". (except that small Toony Terrors line, and figures that are just random sizes, like Chucky and that thing from Trick R Treat)
Anyway, I bought them.
I also saw Earthrise stuff for the first time, but it was just the $6 ones.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So I finally got my backordered "Batman Hellbat" figure from the McFarlane line from amazon. McFarlane was right in his interview (on DC Universe), this is a figure that if I saw on the shelf, I'd buy it just for how cool it looks in the box. Unfortunately I doubt I'd ever see it on the shelf. Also of note, I did see several of these figures at Target the other day, they had "lowered" the price on Batman to 19.99 but the Superman figures were still 23 and change. Ugh.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I popped the head off of Earthrise Grapple to see how hard it would be to paint the orange parts black.
It launched 60 feet. I thought that I would never find it. It took almost two hours of concentrated effort.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I don't really buy many figures but as a hardcore DMC fan since the first one, I massively over-spent and bought the 1000toys Deluxe Dante.
Damn this figure is dope. The Coat seems a bit to big when standing straight but it's really the right size to allow for dynamic posing. My phone camera is crap sadly, but anyway:
eeO2JAs.jpg

Also, the faces look way better in person than in pictures imo, I'm actually quite surprised as I was not really convinced coming from some YT Reviews.

Last edited:

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the Cyberpunk 2077 V action figure and between this and the Bloodshot, McFarlane's really stepping up with their articulation. It's a damn good figure.

BojTrek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I hope there are Trek fans in here...cuz holy shit these are dope figures.

New review is live!

Cool video dude, but... I love how each person sees different things. You really like them, I think they are not worth any money from my pocket.

To me... Sulu is terrible and looks nothing like him. Kirk, Spock and Picard have some features of the real actors... but they are all off. They are not even close enough for a purchase from me.

To me, the most perfect human face has been Enterbay Michael Jordan.

Brooklynwolf

Banned
Jan 5, 2020
Cool video dude, but... I love how each person sees different things. You really like them, I think they are not worth any money from my pocket.

To me... Sulu is terrible and looks nothing like him. Kirk, Spock and Picard have some features of the real actors... but they are all off. They are not even close enough for a purchase from me.

To me, the most perfect human face has been Enterbay Michael Jordan.

I won't disagree with you about EBs MJ. I have it too. As I've mentioned in my vid that I think HTs have been surpassed with these Trek and rocky figures...but the truth is; they've been surpassed by EBs NBA figures, and MJ came out a long time ago.

And it's cool if you don't see it with the Trek figures. Not everyone views things the same way right?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kotobukiya managed to make a 1/24 figure with all the articulation of a super-articulated 1/12 figure, even butterfly shoulders. It's a model kit, though.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just saw what the actual production 6" Snake Eyes looks like. I'm definitely selling mine.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hello, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to buying figures. I really want to get my hands on the Black Series (regular or copper) Mandalorian main character figure of Mando for a reasonable price. I appreciate it seems to be going for crazy money due to it being sold out everywhere but can anyone point me in the direction of reputable sites that are either UK based on ship to the UK? Many thanks.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Hello, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to buying figures. I really want to get my hands on the Black Series (regular or copper) Mandalorian main character figure of Mando for a reasonable price. I appreciate it seems to be going for crazy money due to it being sold out everywhere but can anyone point me in the direction of reputable sites that are either UK based on ship to the UK? Many thanks.

I know Kapow is reputable. They don't have it right now but the reissue is up for Pre-order and should be released soon.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This the right thread for Play Arts Kai? I just picked up my first one, Sephiroth, and I am blown away.

I seriously underestimated how big and detailed he'd be. I was expecting maybe a tad taller than my older Kingdom Hearts Play Arts figure, but this Sephiroth dwarfs him.

I haven't had much time to get him into any intricate action poses, but here's some pics.

20200312-235321.jpg

20200313-000323.jpg

20200313-003133.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
I am contemplating some bootleg Resident Evil toys, because the official ones are not that great. I like cloth clothes (aka dolls) and randomly saw a Claire Redfield I hadn't seen before. It's from SWTOYS, I found an online review here. You can change the subtitles to whatever language you need, I am in the middle of the video but man is my interest piqued.

Does anyone have experience with SWTOYS or bootlegs of this kind in general? Anything I should know?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I am contemplating some bootleg Resident Evil toys, because the official ones are not that great. I like cloth clothes (aka dolls) and randomly saw a Claire Redfield I hadn't seen before. It's from SWTOYS, I found an online review here. You can change the subtitles to whatever language you need, I am in the middle of the video but man is my interest piqued.

Does anyone have experience with SWTOYS or bootlegs of this kind in general? Anything I should know?

Can't comment on that specific company but "bootlegs" or unlicensed 1/6 figures are honestly getting better than Hot Toys in my opinion. One of the best figures released this year, and one of my favorites, is PopToys Devoted Samurai which is Tom Cruise from The Last Samurai. The sculpt is strong and the craftsmanship is terrific.

My next anticipated figure is another bootleg by LIMToys for RDR2 and is shaping up nicely.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't going to buy any toys for a few weeks, but that G1 Soundwave/Buzzsaw reissue was $13.00.