• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
I cancelled several of the Marvel Legends I had pre-order since I just not feeling wanting the Age of Apocalypse figures right now. Still keeping Count Dooku and Crossbone active as I want both of them.
I was gonna buy hot toys dooku but now I don't know. Waiting to see if money needs to be saved or not

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah spending money on unnecessary things right now is a little hard. I did just get the marvel legends Venom in the mail and he's easily one of my favorite figures now

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Does anybody else feel like not buying anything because of the pandemic ?
Hardly alone. Even the stuff I typically get on steep discount I'm hesitate to pull the trigger on because even a $20 figure at this point might matter if something suddenly goes south with my job and we're forced to close up.

I've instead gone back and just reorganized my figure shelves with new poses or swapping figures in and out to make it feel fresh and new. It's stupid, but just having a shelf of Transformers that I can transform into vehicles and back to robots every few days boosts my spirits.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
Hey how long do I gotta wait until I can start throwing the "older line is better" meme Marvel Legends collectors say, but about the Bandai Power Rangers stuff?

IMG_20200322_020918_175.jpg
IMG_20200322_020918_176.jpg

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, my phone just caught on fire.
It was sitting next to me, charging, and I started to hear sizzling noises, then a burning smell.
As I reached to unplug it flames started shooting out of the USB-C port.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
All the YouTube Influencer's are getting their Snake Eyes Hasbro Pulse exclusives out for review.

Where tf is mine?!

People in the comments sections says their order is on the way and I'm like for real?

You think because of the Rona, there might be some complications? That's understandable.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All the YouTube Influencer's are getting their Snake Eyes Hasbro Pulse exclusives out for review.

Where tf is mine?!

People in the comments sections says their order is on the way and I'm like for real?

You think because of the Rona, there might be some complications? That's understandable.

I got mine three days ago.
The brown is a little more subtle than it looked in some pictures, but I still left it sealed in case buyer's remorse hits critical mass again.
I'm still kicking myself for cutting the seal on that SH Figuarts ANH Vader.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I got mine three days ago.
The brown is a little more subtle than it looked in some pictures, but I still left it sealed in case buyer's remorse hits critical mass again.

I got an email today saying it's coming July which is a bummer considering I pre-ordered as soon as it went live. Maybe it's a California thing, but ahhh.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping they took feedback on the initial joe reveals and will lean more toward classic design. The fact that they're numbering them like the black series means they intend the line to last for a while, I think

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hoping they took feedback on the initial joe reveals and will lean more toward classic design. The fact that they're numbering them like the black series means they intend the line to last for a while, I think

Even if they don't do that the designs should at least make some sense.
Duke is the worst there. All regular clothes... except golden shinguards. Like what?

Whatever they do, they need to look OLDER.
People who have been recruited because they're the best from the most elite teams are not going to be kids.

CeramicDragon

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Orange, CA

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Even if they don't do that the designs should at least make some sense.
Duke is the worst there. All regular clothes... except golden shinguards. Like what?

Whatever they do, they need to look OLDER.
People who have been recruited because they're the best from the most elite teams are not going to be kids.
Yeah, they do look a bit anime, especially scarlett. I have high hopes for this line

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the price for that SoC Leopardon GX-33R...wow.

I luckily found the original GX-33 release at a Comic Con vendor for like $55 new years ago (vendor had it on clearance).

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I know there's a small chance anyone has this Sideshow Anakin figure, but if anyone does I'd really appreciate if they could take some pictures of this that I could use for a project.

102716085314205740.jpg

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I hadn't bought a Play Arts figure since the old line with Squall, Rinoa, AC Sephiroth and Gabranth but after getting the 1st Class edition and being happy and impressed with the figure and bike, i went ahead and preordered these 4.
Play-Arts-Kai-FF7-Remake-Figures.jpg

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I don't see the playarts pictures but has the quality gone up with the prices? Last ones I bought were the DC ones which were super expensive, overly big, and had terrible paintjobs and joints. I'm tempted by the Dragon Quest ones and the FF IX ones but they are still expensive and I'm not sure if the reduction in size meant an increase in quality.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I don't see the playarts pictures but has the quality gone up with the prices? Last ones I bought were the DC ones which were super expensive, overly big, and had terrible paintjobs and joints. I'm tempted by the Dragon Quest ones and the FF IX ones but they are still expensive and I'm not sure if the reduction in size meant an increase in quality.

Hm tried to fix the post with an image so hopefully that works.

I can only comment on the recent figure and I was impressed enough to preorder the 4 just announced. lol The paint, sculpt and articulation is pretty stellar and as a whole with the bike I'm happy with my purchase. Pricing does seem a little high but then I remind myself I paid about $50 for a 6 inch GI Joe figure and...well...lol

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
I finally got my childhood Ecto-1A restored into an Ecto-1 in anticipation for Hasbro's re-release of the Kenner Real Ghostbusters stuff:

Ecto-1-restored.png

This is what it looked before:

Ecto-1-A-before.png

I gave it a thorough cleaning (though some parts seem to be permanently stained on the underside and the window part is full of scratches), bought a driver side door piece and gave it all a fresh coat of paint and a set of reproduction stickers. I even manged to find the gunner seat and ghost that came with it while I was going through my old stuff and gave them both a cleaning.

It all came out looking really nice and brings back memories of getting it as a four year old on Christmas all those years ago.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I hadn't bought a Play Arts figure since the old line with Squall, Rinoa, AC Sephiroth and Gabranth but after getting the 1st Class edition and being happy and impressed with the figure and bike, i went ahead and preordered these 4.
Is there absolutely zero chance Square or someone else will never do a proper fixed figure nor statue of these characters? For the price you can get a good alter figure.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Is there absolutely zero chance Square or someone else will never do a proper fixed figure nor statue of these characters? For the price you can get a good alter figure.
I'm sorry, but you clearly haven't been paying attention to Alter's prices for a minute. They trend up toward $160-$200 per figure now in many cases.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017

If you don't mind answering, where did you purchase them?

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how PlayArts justify their 100 dollar price tag. They don't look anywhere near as good as Figma to me.