StevieP

Oct 27, 2017
I hope to hell they're not an actual officer. But that's messed up. Of all times for irredeemable people to do this... stay safe folks.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit the guy buys old police cars and makes them look authentic? im pretty sure thats illegal here in the states. i hope he caught before people die.

edit: This is the guys car?

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Me and many of my extended family live in the Colchester area. Not exactly the way I would have expected my home to appear on Resetera.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read two people were killed on facebook, nothing official though. There is allot of people laying blame on the COVID 19 crises but I would imagine this guy was planning this for sometime considering the lengths he went to impersonate RCMP.

If this person wasn't white though I can only imagine how much casual racism would be tossed into the responses.

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
My cousin has a friend with the halifax police, he said there was 13 reported fatalities, including a female police officier. Apparently the suspect killed his own family and is suspected in setting mulitple fires in the area. I'm waiting for the RCMP press conference at 6pm atlantic standard time for confirmed details.

Last edited:

Mad_Titan86

Banned
Nov 4, 2019
My cousin has a friend with the halifax police, he said there was 13 reported fatalities, including a female police officier. Apparently the suspect killed his own family and is suspected in setted mulitple fires in the area. I'm waiting for the RCMP press conference at 6pm atlantic standard time for confirmed details.
Holy shit

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My cousin has a friend with the halifax police, he said there was 13 reported fatalities, including a female police officier. Apparently the suspect killed his own family and is suspected in setted mulitple fires in the area. I'm waiting for the RCMP press conference at 6pm atlantic standard time for confirmed details.
Whoa what the fuck.

Edit: It seems the gunman died and one RCMP Officer is dead

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Damn. I used to live in Truro. Could never imagine something like this happening around there. Such a peaceful place and friendly people. Guess it goes to show you that nowhere is really safe from horrible shit like this.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
My cousin has a friend with the halifax police, he said there was 13 reported fatalities, including a female police officier. Apparently the suspect killed his own family and is suspected in setting mulitple fires in the area. I'm waiting for the RCMP press conference at 6pm atlantic standard time for confirmed details.

Oh damn, it didn't sound that bad when I first started reading the thread.

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

People in a rural Nova Scotia community are reeling today after a bloody 12-hour rampage by a gunman who killed at least one RCMP officer.

CBC News has confirmed the gunman is dead. Police say there are multiple victims, but have not yet said how many were either injured or killed.

"It's unimaginable what some people in my community are going through today," said Coun. Tom Taggart, who lives near the community of Portapique, N.S.

Nova Scotia RCMP said the gunman was Gabriel Wortman, 51. He led police on a chase Sunday morning along one of the province's busiest highways. The chase ended near a gas station about 35 kilometres north of Halifax in Enfield, N.S., around 11:40 a.m. local time.

The RCMP will hold a news conference at 6 p.m. AT Sunday, which will be carried live by CBC News online and on CBC News Network.

Had car resembling RCMP vehicle, police say

Earlier, police had warned that the gunman, who they identified as Wortman before his capture, might be driving a vehicle that looked like an RCMP vehicle, and he might have been wearing an RCMP uniform.

RCMP warned that he was to be considered armed and dangerous.

"If you see him, call 911. DO NOT approach," RCMP tweeted Sunday morning.

Darcy Sack, a Shubenacadie, N.S., resident, said she and her friend came across two burning police vehicles and the silver suspect vehicle while out driving on Sunday morning near Highway 102, one of the province's main arteries.

"We were right behind the police car that was on fire. There was one officer we could see on scene and then all of a sudden, he went running toward one of the burning vehicles," Sack said. "We heard gunshots."

Sack said her heart was pounding the whole time.

"I had that feeling that something was wrong with the [police officer's] partner — the way he looked. My heart went out to him," she said.

Sack said they then turned on to the highway and then saw the shooter in the silver car again being chased by police. She said he was dressed like a police officer.

Eyewitness saw homes burning

Mike MacKay, who lives just off the Glooscap Trail in Portapique said he saw police cars on the Portapique Beach Road around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, across the Portapique River from his home.

"We saw a fire down the road, and thought that's all that it was. Then we saw a second fire and a third fire," said MacKay in a phone interview from his home Sunday morning.

CBC has learned RCMP and fire fighters were called to a property in Wentworth, N.S., on Sunday morning shortly before 10 a.m. to respond to a house fire.

Police have not released any information about whether it is connected to the shooter investigation.

The RCMP would not comment on the report of multiple house fires when asked by CBC News on Sunday morning.

This is insane, and not something I'd ever expect to see around Atlantic Canada.
RCMP has been live here https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1711321155969 where they confirmed "in excess of 10 dead"

EDIT
Just updated after thread was posted, RCMP officer identified

Police victim identified

Const. Heidi Stevenson, a 23-year-member of the RCMP, has been identified as the police member who was killed responding to the active shooter incident.

"Heidi answered the call of duty and lost her life while protecting those she served. Earlier this afternoon I met with Heidi's family and there are no words to describe their pain," Assistant Commissioner Lee Bergerman told reporters during an update on Sunday evening.

"Two children have lost their mother. And a husband has lost his wife. Parents have lost their daughter and countless others lost an incredible friend and colleague."

Bergerman also said a second male officer was injured and is in hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
Suspect had no known history of violence according to RCMP press conference. Police are dealing with an excess of 10 crime scenes. Number almost certain to go up.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
One journalist even asked if this was related in anyway to Covid-19 and the lockdown, but it's too early to know what the shooter's motivation may have been,

I was wondering the same thing. But honestly, the virus probably stopped mass shootings, as fucked up as that sounds. Can't shoot up school when class is out. Can mow down a crowd at a bar when all bars are closed. Heck, I'm surprised grocery stores haven't been targeted. That's the kind of reality we're in.

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they have to track down all the victims, because of the multiple crime scenes. Which is why we don't have a total yet.

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was wondering the same thing. But honestly, the virus probably stopped mass shootings, as fucked up as that sounds. Can't shoot up school when class is out. Can mow down a crowd at a bar when all bars are closed. Heck, I'm surprised grocery stores haven't been targeted. That's the kind of reality we're in.

Yeah, I don't know what this guy's intention was, but if it was to kill as many as possible it could have been MUCH worse were it not for the current lockdown.
While watching the live conference, he said the shooter was moving along northern N.S. and that's why they still don't have an exact number on the total dead/injured. They're still exploring areas he has been.

This whole thing is really sickening.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Ugh. I wonder what the motivation was for this shithead. So sorry for everyone that was victimized by this fucking unnecessary bullshit.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
RIP to all the victims. Such a fucking shame that someone would have the gall to start this shit right now.

Last edited:

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
Had to have been planning it for at least a little while considering the RCMP copy car, and police uniform he had.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's so fucked. RIP to the victims. I read conflicting reports, did they get the shooter alive or dead?

Had to have been planning it for at least a little while considering the RCMP copy car, and police uniform he had.
This is the part I'm most curious about, since, at least from the initial reports, he doesn't appear to have done anything that would require you to pose as a police officer.

When that detail was first made known I was wondering if he was trying to bluff his way into some location that a civilian wouldn't have had access to, or flag down motorists, or even get close to target other cops, but it doesn't seem like any of that happened.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This is horrific. Gotta be one of the worst mass shootings in Canadian history. Posing as a cop, too... all that effort means it was likely planned for a while. JFC.

Nah, it's not. This might be normalized in the US, but this sort of thing is extremely rare in Canada.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Morrigan

This is unfortunately now the 56th mass killing event where more than at least one life was lost, since 1689, here in Canada.

This motherfucker had way too much time, thought and preparation in doing this rampage. It's fucking unreal that he had a uniform and a police car detailed enough to do this.

The following is apparently Cst. Heidi Stevenson, back in 2015 during a moment/event with school children. She was the one who lost her life today stopping that piece of shit.

if4e8zshbut41.png

RIP to her, and those who lost their lives.