• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rokal

Oct 25, 2017
The news every week that a new lawsuit has been brought against them is a good reminder that you shouldn't be giving Activision or Blizzard your money.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
We had a client that was sued by them back in 2018. That case is still in discovery last I checked. Depending on if it's different for massive companies I wouldn't expect anything from this anytime soon.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff, I bet a lot of senior staff are feeling the pressure building up. Whether it leads to anything is another matter obviously, and even if found guilty they could get a light set of charges, but it's not something you want on your record.

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Activision-Blizzard mentioned this group in their recent press release.

Kotick also said that the Company continues to productively engage with regulators, including the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) with the goal of improving its workplace policies and procedures and ensuring compliance.

investor.activision.com

Activision Blizzard | Activision Blizzard Provides Update on Workplace Initiatives

The Investor Relations website contains information about Activision Blizzard's business for stockholders, potential investors, and financial analysts.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
And the hits just keep coming and dont stop.

Fuck Activision

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
We had a client that was sued by them back in 2018. That case is still in discovery last I checked. Depending on if it's different for massive companies I wouldn't expect anything from this anytime soon.

I hope no one is thinking there will be a quick resolution to these cases. They will take years. Especially if Activision keeps trying to hide stuff.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any chance that Activision sells Blizzard? The brand is almost beyond repair, but it may be salvaged if they can fire all of the people in control and keep the core team of good, honest people.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Good. California and the federal government seem to want to make an example of Activision with all these lawsuits and investigations.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any chance that Activision sells Blizzard? The brand is almost beyond repair, but it may be salvaged if they can fire all of the people in control and keep the core team of good, honest people.

There's much more of a chance that Activision completely absorbs Blizzard; changes the name, makes all Blizzard teams internal Activision teams, Blizzard ceases to be its own entity and just becomes "Activision Irvine".

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
The news every week that a new lawsuit has been brought against them is a good reminder that you shouldn't be giving Activision or Blizzard your money.
I think that's a personal decision everyone is going to have to make. Not buying their game hurts the rank and file people at those companies too. If I'm supporting a family, I would rather have a job at a company with a history of problems than get laid off.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
Blizzard as a company already has seen leadership change on a number of levels.
But you know that's not the head that they want. Unless they go to the C suite executives and yes that includes Kotick, those changes are surface level and throwing people boat.

I would agree with your point if it was just a blizzard issue and in argument could be constructed that Activision did not know. With everything else that's coming out including the destruction of evidence allegedly, no things are serious and with that being said some serious heads have to roll.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But you know that's not the head that they want. Unless they go to the C suite executives and yes that includes Kotick, those changes are surface level and throwing people boat.

I would agree with your point if it was just a blizzard issue and in argument could be constructed that Activision did not know. With everything else that's coming out including the destruction of evidence allegedly, no things are serious and with that being said some serious heads have to roll.
Personally I think folks miss the forest for the trees when they constantly want Kotick's head. Blizzard lost its president, has 2 co leads now instead who both have a good track record from all I've known/learned about them. Diablo 4 lost its game director/lead designer too. These aren't surface level changes and mean significant amounts for the teams involved is where I'm coming from. I know what people want in terms of departures, but I'm not a fan of pretending nothing has actually happened that matters. One of my project leads being fired and replaced with a new one would have a genuine effect on my team.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017

I think that brings us to 5 major government mandiated lawsuits?

Activision-Blizzard mentioned this group in their recent press release.

investor.activision.com

Activision Blizzard | Activision Blizzard Provides Update on Workplace Initiatives

The Investor Relations website contains information about Activision Blizzard's business for stockholders, potential investors, and financial analysts.

Literally a "get our name out of your mouth" scenario.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
michael-jackson.gif

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
Man, I can't imagine how much money these lawsuits are costing. I'm sure it's in the millions at this point. Let's hope it gets worse for them.

meh, they have a whole legal department of lawyers who are on salary. This isn't anything for them unless they get fined. And even then, wont be but a drop in the bucket compared to their quarterly profits.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Excellent. And while there's very likely still people there who haven been perperators or atleast complicit to the harassment and all around awful culture, things must have changed for better in the workplace. Any complaints going forward will surely be taken more seriously and bad actors don't just get away with their shit and protected. Everyone working on the company will think twice on how they behave. It's been good to see so strong action being taken against Acti-Blizz.