• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The amount of people and money vs the amount of games is just staggering. So many people. So much money spent. So few games.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I could be completely off but EA has always felt like a company that is fairly hands off, and just demands that studios make money and uses Frostbite. You hear over and over that Respawn is the one that picked the dates for Titanfall 2, that DICE is the one that did the messaging and timeframes for BF5, that Bioware is the one responsible for spinning ME:A to a junior team, etc, etc.

If anything I'd say EA is UNDERmanagement, that they really give no direction at all to their studios and consequently poor leadership at each studio has combined into a situation where everything is on fire (except Respawn) because EA hasn't gone in and fired people who are poor leaders, hasn't set a tone, or anything else other than "everyone is forced to use Frostbite".

Both EA and Activision in the last 5 years though have performed extremely poorly when it comes to quality of games, number of games released, and overall "things fitting together". Definitely some fault with some level of management, both at the top but somewhere in the middle too for approving just bad games or not getting more good ideas in the pipeline.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This thread is based on a lot of misinformation and assumptions and is closed for further replies. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.