• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
If marketing firms are where gaming companies are getting their executive talent from - it's no wonder things are as fucked up as they are in this industry.

I worked at a big marketing firm for 6 months, and until this day the worse human beings I have ever met in my life were met there. Everything is a lie, everything is a smoke screen. You might say "Well, that's what marketing's about" - but that shit trickles down into the marketer's personality, that's what I'm talking about. They're terrible people, always looking for ways to manipulate and exploit others in any conceivable way. And it wasn't just me, all the tech/finance/business people hated marketers. It's almost like you're required to be evil to be the most effective marketer possible. A marketer with integrity isn't going to generate half the revenue an asshole marketer will, so the assholes inevitably take over the firm.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't have much hope for Activision's future I just hope we can get Spyro trilogy. Activision has been pretty lame this gen.

Flamin' Galah

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Despite the strong WW2 sales, CoD isn't the powerhouse it once was and Destiny 2 is an unmitigated disaster for the franchise. Destiny 2 probably chose a really awful time to disappoint fans with Anthem just a few months away, as well as Halo and Borderlands 3 expecting to release before the Destiny 2 content cycle ends.

I just think a healthy approach to Activision publishing would be to branch out and invest in some new titles.
Tales out of your ass. COD is making more money then ever. WW2 is on track to be the best selling game this gem, the previous record holder being BO3.