• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
www.callofduty.com

Call of Duty®: Black Ops - Cold War | Popular FPS Game

New weapons, operators, blueprints, and more. Experience new game modes with Call of Duty®: Black Ops – Cold War Season 6 gameplay! Play the popular FPS game, a direct sequel to the original fan-favorite Call of Duty®: Black Ops. Purchase today on PS4, PS5, Xbox, Xbox Series X or PC.

†Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is scheduled for release globally November 13th for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on Battle.net. The PlayStation 5 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is scheduled for release Holiday 2020 in the U.S. and Canada, and in late 2020 for the rest of the world. The title is also scheduled for release later this year on the Xbox Series X. ††Actual platform availability and launch date(s) of MP Beta subject to change. See http://www.callofduty.com/beta for more details. Minimum Open Beta duration is 2 days. Limited time only, while Early Access Beta Codes last, at participating retailers. Internet connection required. Online multiplayer subscription may be required. **Appearance of final in-game version may vary.

Bottom of the website.

Deleted member 2441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's probably because "Holiday" as a time period is a very US/Canada-centric term, rather than it being a different timeframe.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
What is considered "the holidays" in the US?

When I think holidays it's usually December.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Jim Ryan said they want a global launch (not the PS4 situation with Japan release months after)

So doubt

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'm just going to say this has to do with more how wording is done in the US/Canada compared to the rest of the world.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
They're just using the approved Sony vernacular in each region. It'll release before Christmas in all regions.

Black Friday isn't as much of a thing in some countries as it is in North America, so I could see it launching on, say, November 20 in the US and Canada and then a week or two later globally, not unlike the PS4.

In regions like Japan where console launches on Saturday aren't uncommon, December 5 might be a nice date. Goes with the 5 and everything.

the7egend

Mar 6, 2018
Holiday 2020 is late 2020... How much later can it get, unless 2020 decided to add another month, because after this year that's what I expect.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Holiday 2020 is just a generic way of saying November-December without committing to a date. It'll be November.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
Better not be true, can't understand why they'd do that anyway considering how big PlayStation is in Europe at the moment

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
technically they said the ps5 version of the GAME was launching at those times. And games can release at different times than consoles.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
???

November is still late 2020...

What is considered "the holidays" in the US?

When I think holidays it's usually December.

It's basically Halloween to New Year's

Didn't Sony said more than one time that is going to be a global release?

Well... there is this little pandemic going on that may be screwing up supply chain logistics.

And also, a month apart for release between markets may still "count" as a global release.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
This is how Sony has the description of the date in their official PS5 webpage depending the country.

It is the same.

Activision just says what Sony says.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
My Credit card is ready. Sony and MS need to do a announcement at the same day and time, no take backsies.